G1W Novatek 96650 WDR F1.6 H.264 MOV 15Mbps GPS Dash Cam DVR

This is firmware problem or need return to seller?
Firmware is 2013.1017

Are you certain of the connections? It run off its own battery for a few seconds before it shuts down.

Sure,is plug into car cig lighter.
See the blue LED light,and charging icon(when work).

Last edited:
Depends, not sure if that model can work without an internal battery or capacitor.

check the connection at the camera end.

You say about usb plug? When is plug in, blue led is permanently lighting... I don't think usb plug is problem.

Last edited:
So, today I've picked up my G1W. It's nice, the mount is pretty stable, in 20 minutes of using it, it worked well.
As per the box and the firmware: It came in a blue/black box with USB cable, charger, micro-HDMI-HDMI cable, mount and camera(see the pictures).
It came with firmware version 2014.0106 which I think is the newest as far as I seen here.
20140205_120402.jpg 20140205_111850.jpg 20140205_111751.jpg 20140205_111325.jpg 20140205_111313.jpg 20140205_111255.jpg 20140205_111210.jpg 20140205_111201.jpg
And a raw video sample(as raw as Youtube can do it :) ) :

Last edited:
This is the software for G1W. 2014.0108 (S1088_M_Ver1.0)
And you can do it in this way:

1)Download this bin file to your computer,and un-zipped it;
2)Format your memory card by computer;
3)copy this bin file to your memory card;
4)Plug into card into camera,and plug into camera to power camera on;
5)It will update automatically
after updating,please plug its memory card and have a test with other memory card!
But don`t solve my problem...
http://www.sendspace.com/file/y3c897

Last edited:
This is the software for G1W. 2014.0108 (S1088_M_Ver1.0)
And you can do it in this way:

1)Download this bin file to your computer,and un-zipped it;
2)Format your memory card by computer;
3)copy this bin file to your memory card;
4)Plug into card into camera,and plug into camera to power camera on;
5)It will update automatically
after updating,please plug its memory card and have a test with other memory card!
But don`t solve my problem...
http://www.sendspace.com/file/y3c897

Is there anything new with this firmware? I'm currently on FW: 2013.0925.01 and been using it over six months with no problem so far.

Is there anything new with this firmware? I'm currently on FW: 2013.0925.01 and been using it over six months with no problem so far.

There are multiple versions internally of this same looking camera, the firmware may not match your hardware, if things are working fine you're best to leave it alone

Never touch a running system :)
If i consider that i may ruin the camera and have to send it back with tracking number, spending $15 or more just for the shipping and maybe end up with a lost broken camera and no replacement for it. Better leave it be as it is :)

Hi guys,

My g1-w arrived Dec 2013 with 2013.1017 firmware. I have the black motherboard from estore009. I have just decided to check if this 2014.0108 works :) And YES, it works! After booting it starts with GUI in Russian, but I managed to switch to English. Menu seems to be the same, and video still records.

To all of you willing to upgrade - just remember to remove the file from sd card after flashing, because it will try to reflash every time it boots up.

Hi to every one, i would like to thank this forum for its so straight forward and unbiased comments and experiences, and this played a role on my decision to buy this product (G1W Novatek 96650). However, a lot of this product is out there and had been categorize as fakes, just askin everyone to advice and point me to the right online seller, they seems to be outside the U.S., so having a bad unit or a clone unit bec. i choose the wrong seller would be a waste of time, as i think delivery would take a week or more plus the hassle of sending it back to the seller. pls advice...thanks again...

Not just fakes but even in the real variety there are multiple versions and the quality varies amongst them, personally I feel Foxoffer sell some of the better version product, they seem to avoid the lower cost versions

I have painted the sliver ring on my G1W. I went to the auto parts store and bought one of the little paint bottles for fixing chips and nicks on cars.

On the most inner part closest to the lens, I used a fine black marker to fill it in. I have also taped over the LED light.

It looked like there are some unpainted parts but it is just the reflection.

I had electrical tape over it before and it does not want to stay put, this is much better.

1CcntCS.jpg tJGZUCdl.jpg YrYPctJl.jpg ytH89M7.jpg

Last edited:
Back