G1W USB port coming detached

jspenguin

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have had 2 G1WH units both fail the same way: the USB port pops off the circuit board with just slightest force pulling on the cable. On both units, I tried to re-solder the port; I never did get the first one to work again, which is why I ordered another one. On the second unit, I got it soldered on well enough to charge, but I can no longer access the card via USB, and the case doesn't fit together properly anymore.

I take the camera with me whenever I leave so it doesn't overheat or get stolen, so I probably put more strain on the port than normal, but it seems like it happens way too easily. Has this happened to anyone else?

Last edited:
I have had 2 G1WH units both fail the same way: the USB port pops off the circuit board with just slightest force pulling on the cable. On both units, I tried to re-solder the port; I never did get the first one to work again, which is why I ordered another one. On the second unit, I got it soldered on well enough to charge, but I can no longer access the card via USB, and the case doesn't fit together properly anymore.

I take the camera with me whenever I leave so it doesn't overheat or get stolen, so I probably put more strain on the port than normal, but it seems like it happens way too easily. Has this happened to anyone else?

The port and a plug are too tight, I had this with few cheap dashcams. What I did is slightly "opened" a port and slightly tightened a plug with pliers.

Back