G1WH can take firmware from DOD LS388W, Shadow GT300W 1306180 and others

I found 2 problems:
1) Sound is really buzzy
2) when is set up time on saver screen (when should be turn off screen but still recording) - nothing happend, screen stay all the time On

I just want to report that I was not able to flash my regular G1W using the 29 Jan 2015 firmware. I tried flashing it with both FWDM800H and FWDM800H file names and it just boots to the firmware I have been using and starts to record.

I just want to report that I was not able to flash my regular G1W using the 29 Jan 2015 firmware. I tried flashing it with both FWDM800H and FWDM800H file names and it just boots to the firmware I have been using and starts to record.

I think this could be because this firmware is ONLY dedicated to the G1WH not the G1W
But, rename the file to FWS1088.bin and try again.
Look at these instructions

Last edited:
try renaming the file to FWS1088.bin and try again.
Sorry miss posted. I meant to type I tried both FWS1088.bin (I have flashed DOD/Shadow firmwares to my G1W this way in prior posts back) and FWDM800H

Sorry miss posted. I meant to type I tried both FWS1088.bin (I have flashed DOD/Shadow firmwares to my G1W this way in prior posts back) and FWDM800H

Sad news. :( This must be because the firmware is dedicated to the G1WH only not the G1W

Sad news. :( This must be because the firmware is dedicated to the G1WH only not the G1W
That's okay. I don't use my G1W much so I don't mind giving it a shot.

Hi i found problem with Buzzy sound. Problem was with my K-Lite codec pack on PC. If you've got Windows system 64bit DON'T install K-Lite Codecs 64Bits but 32Bits (x86)! Now all working fine.
And saver scrren working fine after second flash this same version

Mark S-H Thank you very much for that soft version.

Last edited:
Today received G1WH. Everything seems to be Ok.
Tryed to install DOD LS388W Firmware to increase video stream (current firmware G1WH-DA380-2014.11.28.03)
Renamed Dod firmware to FWDM800H.bin and placed on microsd. But nothing happened after power on.
Attaching a mainboard picture. Is it a new one?

View attachment 10691
View attachment 10691

I got 5 of these cameras from BangGood late last year (Dec 02, 2014 shipment) and they have very similar looking mainboards, they say S1088_M_Ver1.0 on them, but beside that in a font like those LED number displays it says 1438 then further to the right under the foam it says 2013-something that I can't see because of the foam. I have no numbers or letters under the gold line.

Latest firmware for G1WH camera version G1WH_DA380_2015.01.21.01
DA380 firmware version + Novatek96650 + AR0330
Download here:
G1WH_DA380_2015.01.21.01

Procedure for uploading the firmware to the camera:
1. Rename the filename as FWS1088.bin
2. Load the file onto a blank micro sd card
3. Place the card in the camera.
4. Make sure camera is plugged into a charger.
5. Turn on the camera and the FW uploads to the camera.

I haven't updated my G1WH for a while now.
It has old DOD LS300W firmware and being used in the rear window.
It's working fine but will try the new 2015 firmware.

The new version may be same old just re-saved or new version with some updates/fixes but no way to confirm it without manufacturer's explanation of the version. :confused:

I got 5 of these cameras from BangGood late last year (Dec 02, 2014 shipment) and they have very similar looking mainboards, they say S1088_M_Ver1.0 on them, but beside that in a font like those LED number displays it says 1438 then further to the right under the foam it says 2013-something that I can't see because of the foam. I have no numbers or letters under the gold line.
Yes, I just tried the firmware and it just takes longer to start with the Red led on and the firmware is updated without any user input.
I had DOD LS300 firmware and it updated to factory so there won't happen anything unless you have a different firmware and then try this to see a change.

To confirm FW update, go to menu and go to version.
Mine now says this:
G1WH_DA380_2015.01.21.01

Make sure to take the card out and delete the firmware otherwise it'll update every time you start the camera.

Last edited:
Uploaded new soft to my g1wh and all issues with missing parts of a footage seems to be resolved instantly - many thanks!!!!

How is the new firmware, is there anything new or improved compared to the old version or other firmwares (DOD, Shadow, etc.)?

How is the new firmware, is there anything new or improved compared to the old version or other firmwares (DOD, Shadow, etc.)?
It's working good so far.
I haven't checked all the menu but noticed it has name plate option so that's added compared to original g1wh firmware.

It's working good so far.
I haven't checked all the menu but noticed it has name plate option so that's added compared to original g1wh firmware.

OK, thanks. How is the bitrate?

I just flashed my G1WH with GT680W firmware ( Shadow_GT680W_full_black_v2.7G_FW.zip ) and it is working fine.
Not much different from Shadow GT300W I had before.
- 15,23Mbit/s recording, menus are different, date format can be changed (DD/MM/YY - MM/DD/YY ), MENU and MODE buttons work on the left side instead the arrows and vice versa.
Some extras too, speed warning, "coffee break" remainder..., and PC camera.

Tomorrow I will drive a while and then I can see it the video quality is any different.

Last edited:

I just flashed my G1WH with GT680W firmware ( Shadow_GT680W_full_black_v2.7G_FW.zip ) and it is working fine.
- 15,23Mbit/s recording, menus are different, date format can be changed (DD/MM/YY - MM/DD/YY ), MENU and MODE buttons work on the left side instead the arrows and vice versa.

Tomorrow I will drive a while and then I can see it the video quality is any different.

Nice, another firmware to add to the collection. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

With this G1WH_DA380_2015.01.21.01 firmware, overall bit rate is 15.3mbps.
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : QuickTime
Codec ID : qt
File size : 197 MiB
Duration : 1mn 48s
Overall bit rate : 15.3 Mbps
Writing application : Lavf55.19.104

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=15
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 14.8 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 30.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.237
Stream size : 190 MiB (97%)
Language : English

Audio
ID : 2
Format : PCM
Format settings, Endianness : Little
Format settings, Sign : Signed
Codec ID : sowt
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 512 Kbps
Channel(s) : 1 channel
Sampling rate : 32.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 6.59 MiB (3%)
Language : English

I'm not sure how much of an improvement will the 2.7 or 2.9 version be compared to this G1WH_DA380_2015.01.21.01.

Back