G1WH can take firmware from DOD LS388W, Shadow GT300W 1306180 and others

I'm pleased that the firmware is a success and I could help other G1WH users! :)

Why can´t there be an option that allows me to keep the screen totaly off at autostart on my G1WH?
Why just 3, 5 or 10 minutes? The off alternative keeps it on all the time. Maybe 2-5 sec could be an option? :)

Why can´t there be an option that allows me to keep the screen totaly off at autostart on my G1WH?
Why just 3, 5 or 10 minutes? The off alternative keeps it on all the time. Maybe 2-5 sec could be an option? :)
Mini0806 has 15 secs screen off time.
All others I know have much longer than that.

Mini0806 has 15 secs screen off time.
All others I know have much longer than that.
Street Guardian models have something like a 10 second off time I believe.

Just flashed Shadow_GT680W_full_black_v2.7G_FW.zip to my regular non H G1W.

Renamed the file FWS1088
It flashed fine, but the buttons are more weird then usual.
amBH1en.jpg

HXtRdjv.jpg

Original---------------Now
Power----------------- Power
Menu------------------Record
Record----------------Zoom In
Mode------------------Zoom Out
Up Arrow-------------Menu
Down Arrow----------Mode

Next 3.0......

gt680w_english_V3.0GE does not seem to flash to my G1w. The camera will not power on and will not reset until after I take the card with the firmware on out of the camera.

Tried again with original firmware name (YTX000FW) no luck there

I got my actual GT680W to update using the file and original name, but after a few more tires still no luck updating my G1W to 3.0

Last edited:
I'm not sure. I can't flash it to my regular g1w

What's new in G1WH_DA380_2015.01.21.01?
I have this fw but besides little bit more bit rate compared to older official g1wh fw, I don't see any improvement.

I upgraded from G1WH DA30_2014_11.28.03 FW and only difference I could find was higher bit rate. There might have been a slight change to way firmware revision is displayed with a white background for the underscores which is not important. Compared various recorded videos taken before and after and can see no difference in quality, colour tones, brightness etc.

Where did you get gt680w_english_V3.0GE ? I could try it on my G1WH.
in this post on the GT680 thread

2.7 is the highest I can go on my G1W.
I'd try 2.9, but I can not find it anywhere. It came pre-loaded on the GT680W I bought.

Is there any improvement or change in image quality after flashing with this firmware?

I'll try to test it this week.

I have my 0806 in my Subaru full time and I just happened to grab my Marcus 3 and tossed it in my Camaro to take it for a ride this weekend. I'll try to swap it out for the G1W and make a few runs.

The menus look a lot nicer

Last edited by a moderator:
in this post on the GT680 thread

2.7 is the highest I can go on my G1W.
I'd try 2.9, but I can not find it anywhere. It came pre-loaded on the GT680W I bought.

The menus look a lot nicer

Thanks.
3.0 is not working G1WH, so 2.7 is the highest for G1WH too.

There are some differences in picture quality between Shadow GT680W v2.7G and Shadow GT300W. Over all they are more or less the same in clarity and detail, but white balance is better in GT300W.
In Shadow GT680W v2.7G you can change the white balance mode (auto-day- tungsten- ect) but it is not well balanced in auto or any other mode. Image is a bit too saturated and yellow in auto mode (day time). This is very obvious in night time. The GT300W is well balanced and neutral in the night time too.

Guys, I have a G1WC-B the black box branded one, and it can't upgrade/downgrade with the G1WC firmware....
it has G1WC_DA380_2014-11-28-01 currently in version and I tried putting the older firmware from here:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/g1w-c-last-file-corrupt.6263/page-3
and it did not work. I also tried the firmware from this thread... you guessed it... no go.
any advice?
I have that last file/smaller file corruption issue. I can't play any file that is smaller than the shortest option of saved length (3 mins) or else it will corrupt so I was trying to fix it. I tried reaching out to the seller also...

if it corrupts the last file on shutdown then it is likely a hardware problem

if the older firmware won't load it's because the bootloader is different, that means either it is from a different manufacturer (most likely), or it has been changed to stop you loading an incompatible firmware on the device and bricking it

either way best to contact the seller for a replacement

if it corrupts the last file on shutdown then it is likely a hardware problem

if the older firmware won't load it's because the bootloader is different, that means either it is from a different manufacturer (most likely), or it has been changed to stop you loading an incompatible firmware on the device and bricking it

either way best to contact the seller for a replacement
Hi!
Thanks for the reply. I got a reply from both supplier and seller. They are working on a f/w to sort it out...I'm hoping it is not hardware but judging from your contribution and experience it seems likely that it is hardware... :(

Hi!
Thanks for the reply. I got a reply from both supplier and seller. They are working on a f/w to sort it out...I'm hoping it is not hardware but judging from your contribution and experience it seems likely that it is hardware... :(

it would be odd for it to be delivered with such a glaring firmware fault (never say never with this stuff) from new, can't hurt to try another one if they have something they can offer, if it's not resolved with whatever update they offer then it's going to point to it being a hardware issue and you'll have to deal with the refund or replace options etc

I was able to flash my G1WH:
I bought it on eBay from a Tomtop seller.
The unit has a DA380-2014.11.28.03 firmware, and I flashed it with the newer firmware dated 01/21/2015 successfully.
I can't really tell what is the difference if any at all.
Also, I am able to use a Samsung 64G microSDXC UHS-I Class 10 card without any problem so far.

What's new in G1WH_DA380_2015.01.21.01?
I have this fw but besides little bit more bit rate compared to older official g1wh fw, I don't see any improvement.

Just flashed Shadow_GT680W_full_black_v2.7G_FW.zip to my regular non H G1W.

Renamed the file FWS1088
It flashed fine, but the buttons are more weird then usual.
amBH1en.jpg

HXtRdjv.jpg

Original---------------Now
Power----------------- Power
Menu------------------Record
Record----------------Zoom In
Mode------------------Zoom Out
Up Arrow-------------Menu
Down Arrow----------Mode

Next 3.0......

gt680w_english_V3.0GE does not seem to flash to my G1w. The camera will not power on and will not reset until after I take the card with the firmware on out of the camera.

Tried again with original firmware name (YTX000FW) no luck there

I got my actual GT680W to update using the file and original name, but after a few more tires still no luck updating my G1W to 3.0

Just one problem...

you lose the AV out and when you plug something in to it GPS logo comes up on the screen which begs the question can you then use a g1wh on gt680 firmware with the gt680w gps dongle thing ?

Back