G1WH can take firmware from DOD LS388W, Shadow GT300W 1306180 and others

you lose the AV out and when you plug something in to it
My G1W doesn't have A/V out only HDMI or I would try it.
The A/V out hole is just empty in the case

Are there any of the firmwares, that allow the "delayed shutdown" feature from the G1W, for G1W-H?

Also, the G1W-H I have, will only update with files named "FWS1088.bin", which is supposed to be the name for regular G1W's. Strange.

So I tried the Shadow firmware and the G1WH_DA380_2015.01.21.01 firmware found in this forum. I changed the name of the file as specified. When I turn on the camera, it just boots as normal, there is no update going on. I tried formatting the card and adding the file back again, still nothing. What might I be doing wrong?

My real issue is that the dashcam has stopped turning on when the car turns on (when it starts getting power from the charger). It used to, but now it's not anymore. I was hoping a firmware update would fix it, but nothing is happening. Any assistance would be great appreciated. Thanks

Would anyone be able to post 2015.0323.11AMP2
Someone or Reddit got what looks like to be a legit G1W with the firmware and I would like to try it out.

Any other ideas of names to try? Current firmware is 2014.0108

Any other ideas of names to try? Current firmware is 2014.0108

I just got 2nd G1WH with 2014.0108 FW in it and it did not flash with the usual FWDM800H file name BUT I tried FWS1088.bin file name and it worked.
So something has changed. From outside this new looks like the old but I don´t want to open them to see the components in side to see the difference.

Last edited:
I just bought my G1WH last week (it's the black and blue box one), it came also with the 2014.0108 FW but it only accepts DM800H's. I've already tried all the compatible FW's that has been in discussion in this thread and the camera flashed them all with that name. Weird. My G1W, on the other hand, has the S1088 FW. Weirder...

The main reason that lead me to change the FW was the audio. I knew it was rubbish compared with the G1W's but I never expected it to be THAT bad! It's so quiet that it seems there's no audio at all and the mic just responds to loud noises but takes it's time, like if there's a squelch or something that only opens above certain levels.
From all my FW testing I decided to keep the original but the 2014.0504 version. The audio is still quiet and not up to what I was used in the G1W but improved a lot. Since I won't be using the G1W for now, I might swap the mics because that's probably where the problem is.

Last edited:
PLEASE HELP - I CAMERA "MINI GT300" and after flashing, sunbathe ONLY LIGHT, CAMERA AND SCREEN nintendo NE TURN. I tried DOWNLOAD original firmware but the camera will no longer download firmware.

There's something that hasn't been said (or at least it's buried in the seven pages of this thread and I didn't see it) and that is the fact that if you use the Shadow (seezeus) GT300W 1306180-SC-2 firmware, you'll end up with the following text embedded in your video, "Seezeus GT300W" right next to the date, time, and license plate. If you decide not to use the license plate feature, then you'll see eight asterisks "********".

I, myself, removed this firmware from my G1W-B just for that reason and went with the G1WH_DA380_2015.01.21.01 firmware.

There's something that hasn't been said (or at least it's buried in the seven pages of this thread and I didn't see it) and that is the fact that if you use the Shadow (seezeus) GT300W 1306180-SC-2 firmware, you'll end up with the following text embedded in your video, "Seezeus GT300W" right next to the date, time, and license plate. If you decide not to use the license plate feature, then you'll see eight asterisks "********".

I, myself, removed this firmware from my G1W-B just for that reason and went with the G1WH_DA380_2015.01.21.01 firmware.

You can remove those eight asterisks "********" . Just replace them by "space".
Go to menu and license plate feature. When you enter license plate just click down arrow once and there is empty/space "mark", then press OK/REC button on the top and repeat it to all and in the end once more press OK/REC button on the top to for OK.

That's something you'll get use to with time. ;) No one mentions it because pretty much everybody knows it, mainly from watching the sample videos found everywhere online. Every firmware has its own label that isn't changed when you convert it to a different camera.

That's something you'll get use to with time. ;) No one mentions it because pretty much everybody knows it, mainly from watching the sample videos found everywhere online. Every firmware has its own label that isn't changed when you convert it to a different camera.
Agreed—many folks would get used to it.

My gripe is that this particular firmware users a very non-standard font/color for the text. IMHO, it just doesn't look professional, unfortunately. :(

Agreed—many folks would get used to it.

My gripe is that this particular firmware users a very non-standard font/color for the text. IMHO, it just doesn't look professional, unfortunately. :(
Stop whining.
That Seezus firmware is not even developed nor paid for by the G1WH dashcam.
It's just an advantage for G1WH owners that it accepts Seezus fw and adds extra features. :confused:

I tried them all and kept the DA380. All the "interesting" options (Shadow and DOD) make the picture so dark that I couldn't make out anything in the shades, even on sunny days. And their light to dark and vice-versa transitions are a lot slower than the DA380's.

Stop whining.
That Seezus firmware is not even developed nor paid for by the G1WH dashcam.
It's just an advantage for G1WH owners that it accepts Seezus fw and adds extra features. :confused:
Waaaa!! LOL! I understand. As a software engineer, I deal with "non-sanctioned" software all the time.

I do like the video inversion feature of that firmware. If I ever move my unit to where it's upside down, I'll consider this version. ;)

I tried them all and kept the DA380. All the "interesting" options (Shadow and DOD) make the picture so dark that I couldn't make out anything in the shades, even on sunny days. And their light to dark and vice-versa transitions are a lot slower than the DA380's.

388 is best picture...use vlc to enhance it on playback and all the shadows vanish and detail is revealed...

Back