G1WH Mount

efcm

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I have seen a lot of reviews for this dash cam, all there were a few saying the mount was bad, but honestly i never expected something that bad.

I have the camera just for one day and drive less than 2 hours and the cam have fall down from the mount 2 times ( the suction cup its still on the glass) the connection between the suction cup and the cam its really bad.

i made a short clip to show you.

My questions its really that bad the mount, i have a defective one? its a fake one?

Thks for your help

Mine wouldn't allow the mount to slide all the way over in the cutout in the top the camera so no friction to keep the camera from falling off. Poked around and couldn't find the obstruction so I epoxied the two together:( Not a good solution but given my schedule it's the best I could do.

Yes, I had a similar problem at first as well. I even tried putting some cardboard into the notch for a tighter fit but it turns out that I did not actually slide it all the way in. The fit was actually too tight, not too loose, so I had to use more force than I thought would be needed. From your video it might be the same issue. Try to make sure the notch is all the way across.

You need to slide it further. It almost feels like you are going to break it when you push it though. Just push hard and it should lock into place. Once it's locked in, it's a pain to get out. Mine has been mounted for about a month with no issues.

2014CamryLe

The camera its as far as possible inside the mount.

I fix it using some hot glue, the weather its warm and but so far its holding.

Strange, my G1WH came with a holder that is very hard to mount to the camera, nothing is loose, and it has that piece of plastic that's supposed to keep it firmly.
20141028_202200.jpg

No problem with my G1WH holder. Just contact the seller and ask for a new one.

Strange, my G1WH came with a holder that is very hard to mount to the camera, nothing is loose, and it has that piece of plastic that's supposed to keep it firmly.
View attachment 8887
I got the same mount. If is impossible to mount it evenly because of this strange big plastic locking mechanism. However you can change mounting the angle because you have the ball inside and then it is much easier to press this locking plastic.

Back