G1WHT - SD Card Full, need to reformat each week

The battery is definetely dead. Took it off the board and now waiting for the replacement. To be honest with you, this is not new to me given most of my cheap cameras from Ali/Ebay are typically Out of Box "dead-battery" devices. That's why i don't mind upgrading myself.

To be honest with you, this is not new to me given most of my cheap cameras from Ali/Ebay are typically Out of Box "dead-battery" devices. That's why i don't mind upgrading myself.

bit of a worry when dead battery out of box starts becoming the norm

It's a different chip, the firmwares there won't work with it

I thought all G1WH-Ts have the same chip. Mine shows something like this from top to bottom (if that would help Ryos)
MPZAX51.00

never underestimate the ability of suppliers to change stuff, particularly if they work out a way to make something cheaper

My bad, I thought you were referencing the Novatek G1WH thread.

try to change the firmware and let's see. I upgraded mine and works fine so far. And recently, i removed the bat and replaced it with a flat capacitor. No concern!

I've just received a G1WH from a UK supplier with firmware version G1WHT-301-150629V01LD... and guess what?
Same problem as you guys have had... loop recording doesn't work :confused:
It just fills up the SD card and stops!
I've also commented else where on this forum that the audio recorded on my camera is very quiet and very bassy... I wonder if the two issues are linked e.g. a buggy firmware?

II've also commented else where on this forum that the audio recorded on my camera is very quiet and very bassy... I wonder if the two issues are linked e.g. a buggy firmware?
The audio issue is caused by a bad mic. My G1W-H had the same problem. I solved it by putting in the mic from a G1W I didn't use anymore.

Greetings all :)

I am new to the forums. Around Oct. 2015 received a new G1WHT from GearBest.com

Model: G1WHT
Firmware: G1WHT-301-150629V01LD
SD card used: SAN DISK 32GB Class 10

Issue observed
Once a week the camera will display "SD Card full" and the camera will shut off. If you turn it back on while driving it will attempt to record for about 1-2 min and then it will display the same message and shut itself off.

Questions
Under Menu and Video Settings I have some questions for clarification.
  1. "Time Lapse" what is this for? Options are off, 100ms, 200ms and 500ms.
  2. "G-SENSOR" is this the accelerometer trigger? Options are off, low, normal, and high. Is this the feature that locks a video automatically when it is triggered?
  3. "Motion Detection" is this a trigger to turn on the camera if it is currently off but passively detects motion?
  4. "Parking Mode" is this a trigger as well, but for what use? Options are off, low, normal and high.
Just wanted to chime in and give my observations.

Have you found your resolution? I'm having the same problem G1WHT-301160223ZXE firmware (not sure if this is the latest).

I suspect your cameras uses the newer GeneralPlus GPCV2159 processor like mine.
The firmware in my camera is buggy but try as I might I've been unable to find any alternative firmwares anywhere :(

If you can't find a solution for the loop recording failure and you want to keep using the camera, you'd have to monitor the recording time (with the ignition off, power on the camera manually and the screen will show how much recording time the card has left) and empty the card when it's close to full.

My G1WH has a very sensitive g-sensor, so check that it's not filling your SD card with locked video files.
These are denoted by an S at the beginning of the file name.
In the settings simply adjust the g-sensor sensitivity (mines on low), delete everything on the card (or re-format it) and your good to go :)

My G1WH has a very sensitive g-sensor, so check that it's not filling your SD card with locked video files.
These are denoted by an S at the beginning of the file name.
In the settings simply adjust the g-sensor sensitivity (mines on low), delete everything on the card (or re-format it) and your good to go :)
It's not only yours. I don't even know why you have the G-Sensor activated. It's a well known fact that it doesn't work in any shape or form in these cameras. Better leave it off.

Crikey I'm a bit rust on all this stuff now...
The firmware you're attempting to use is most likely for the original Novatec processor.
Your camera (if fairly new) probably has a Generalplus 2159 processor and needs a different firmware.
I've never found any alternative firmwares for the Generalplus versions as this camera.
If your current firmware works I'd just leave it alone.

my dash restarts continuosly with on-off sound

Last edited:
It's not only yours. I don't even know why you have the G-Sensor activated. It's a well known fact that it doesn't work in any shape or form in these cameras. Better leave it off.
The g-sensor is overly sensitive in these camera. Mine's positioned in the rear window of my car, if I don't switch off the G-sensor the SD card will fill up with locked files.
It's a shame as a G-sensor it very useful for locking video from a serious incident.
If your car gets hit hard and you're killed or are unconscious, no may initially know about your dashcam and leave it rolling.
Eventually the camera will record over vital footage of the accident... the G-sensor can avoid this happening.

It's a shame as a G-sensor it very useful for locking video from a serious incident.
If your car gets hit hard and you're killed or are unconscious, no may initially know about your dashcam and leave it rolling.
Eventually the camera will record over vital footage of the accident... the G-sensor can avoid this happening.
You're forgetting that in the event of a serious accident, if the vehicle's power isn't cut immediately someone will quickly switch off the ignition, therefore it's very unlikely the camera will keep recording long enough to overwrite the accident's footage, or anything, for that matter.

Back