G90 issues

yudangorgor

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi guys,

Recently i've been noticing some issues with my dash cam.

- sometimes it would just stop recording on its own, i checked all the automatic recording settings and automatic shut down settings and they all seem to be ok
-sometimes it would automatically mute during the recording

My firmware is G90-ZX-A730-1007-N7W.

any suggestions?

Make sure motion detection is off.
Go back to factory default settings.
Also reset.
Try different card.
Try different firmware.

just to update

the camera would still randomly stop recording but camera still on and sometimes randomly shutting off...
there's no chime when the camera turns on and off (it used to)

i reformatted my sd card, flash new firmware... first thing i noticed is no audio when recording.. i recorded a short clip and then played it back to my PC and no sound... i'm going to try to run it on the PC to see if it automatically turns off and stops recording..

but up until now.. is my unit broken? I purchased it Feb, 2015.

Try a different USB charger.

the one that came with it is at work.. i'm using a different cable now recording while plugging into my PC.. it records but no audio

Last edited:
Thanks Phil for your response.
I'm using a Kingston 32GB microSDHC Class 10 card at a local well known store.
If the card is fake, then i would've had issues right off the bat when i plugged my card in.

Thanks Phil for your response.
I'm using a Kingston 32GB microSDHC Class 10 card at a local well known store.
If the card is fake, then i would've had issues right off the bat when i plugged my card in.

Just test it already with that software instead and report back.

as suggested.. i ran the test.

TEST FINISHED
5824MB of filespace was tested.
Test Time = 00:11:18

PASSED: 5824MB tested and OK.

Deleting test files - please wait... Finished.

Note: 5824MB out of 29722MB were tested for integrity.
The unused file space on this drive volume seems good, however to ensure the memory is not faulty, I recommend you run the Quick Size Test.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
also ran the quick test

Device quick test was OK *** PASSED ***

NOTE: Drive filesystem has been erased - please partition and format it, and then test with H2TESTW for thorough test.

Did you check motion detection?
You said the other charger records fine but has no audio but the original charger is not recording.
If that's the case, you may need to try a better charger that has at least 1a output if the one you are using doesn't have that much.

Motion Detection is off.

The cable charger that came with the camera is used in the car and has always been functional up until couple months ago where it decided to stop recording but camera would still be on, i know this because i don't have the screen turned off when the camera is on. Sometimes it would just automatically turn off while recording. It also doesn't record audio and the sound the camera makes when it starts and shut down is also gone. Shock sensor is set to whatever came from the factory

Yesterday i used another cable with my PC and recorded some videos, same thing happens, no audio and no chime.

Are you using the power from mount or directly on the camera?
Try the other one to see if it's the power port issue.

the power is directly to the camera.. i didn't think it would be the port since it records normally 6/10 times but no chime and records no sound.
i'll try the mount and see if anything changes

Now that you have tested the card it is one more item out of the problem. Fake cards DO work by the way. I had a fake card that worked for s couple of months before it filled up. It was also from a local store that ,when I proved it, pulled all of them from sale. (Before I retired I was an electronics tech)

Most people don't know they have a fake card and use it quite happily.

Audio - Mine is so low that even on my PC with full volume, I can only just hear it. For a while I thought it was no volume at all but I now know that it is actually working.

Does not bother me, I do not need sound.

I wrote to GearBest about it but they wanted a YouTube video showing no sound. What? It is like saying I did not catch any fish and here is a video of it...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Feitelijk G90 79
R G90 17
Sabe G90 119
Back