G90C MP4 instead of MOV?

bill_097

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi,

I had received my G90C with GPS and noticed that the video quality seems to be lacking when compared to my G1WH. Also, the anti-warp feature doesn't apply to any pictures taken on the G90C.

I also recall with some other dashcams that one way to spot a fake is the file format that it records in (I forget if it was specific to a certain model), and I had noticed all the specs indicate that the G90C should record with MOV, but mine is recording with MP4; have I received a fake?

Here is the link to the exact model I purchased:

Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, but iirc, the G1W also had fakes where the file format was one method of telling (fakes recorded in something other than MOV).

MP4 and MOV is the same, Ambarella can support either, the fake G1W was using a lower model chipset that records in AVI, just an easy way to tell on that model

Thanks. But what about the warped pictures?

as if they're being viewed through a fish eye lens

it does but there's a limit to how much that can be adjusted before it starts messing with the quality as well

not quite what I was expecting, but thanks. what should the frequency be set at for the anti flicker? does it matter what car?

not quite what I was expecting, but thanks. what should the frequency be set at for the anti flicker? does it matter what car?

anti flicker is set to match whatever the AC power runs at in your country, it's to stop the flicker in incandescent lighting which you might see in street lighting, shop lighting etc, LED lighting will still cause some flicker

This is how it should looks like with a camera that have 170 degrees view angle.
Put the resolution to 2560X1080, this is the optimal resolution for you to get the best video quality.

Thanks for the replies.

There also seems to be a lot of digital noise in the video; even when staying still there seems to be moving/flashing pixels/artifacts and I've noticed that this isn't the case with my G1WH. With the G90C, it renders many licence plates unreadable. Any suggestions?

TIA

Hi, I've tried with the following settings:
1920x1080 60fps: ~20.1Mb/s
2560x1080 30fps: ~18.1Mb/s
2304x1296 30fps: ~18.1Mb/s

Comparing the video with my G1WH samples and pausing in between, the still/paused video is significantly sharper in the G1WH and the license plates are readable.

I always take note of what Jokiin says for a well rounded approach.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bo$s G90 3
Pianoman144 G90 1
camerahanhtrinhvn.com G90 6
V G90 2
P G90 6
Back