Garmin 67W

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi all,

New to this forum, thanks for adding me, I have a bunch of questions

Anyone have a Garmin 67W experience

Just upgraded from a Garmin 55 to 67W because my 55 stopped connecting to the satellite for some reason and wouldn’t update the time/date/speed etc. Any thoughts on why that would happen? The 67W connects fine

Installed the 67W with a Garmin hardwire cable (I used the Garmin 55 hardwire cable), tested the BATT wire, 12V constant, the ACC wire is 12V when the key is in acc mode and Grounded properly

There are a few things that the 67W doesn’t do compared to the 55 which is kinda confusing me, maybe old age is creeping in lol

My Garmin 55 used to record any motion it seen while in parked mode which I loved. the 67W doesn’t seem to do that, it seems to only record if the vehicle is bumped. My question is…is the 67W supposed to record motion as well? The 67w manual is pretty vague…
when I shut the vehicle off, the 67w screen switches to parking guard and the red light flashes for a minute or so then turns off, does that mean it shut down completely or it’s just in standby mode?
On my 55, red light stayed flashing (standby mode) until it seen movement and then would go solid red while recording and when finished recording motion, it would return to standby mode with the red light flashing again, all parking mode vids would be on the card when I viewed on my laptop

Should you see all the videos that are stored on the 67W dashcam on the app when you are connected? Mine only shows videos and picture I’ve request it to save. Nothing else, if I want to see any other videos, I have to take the card out and put it in my laptop, seems weird, I would think you should be able to see everything on the card

When I view pics and vid’s on my laptop, there are no parked mode videos, only videos of driving.

Is the Garmin 55 discontinued? I was just gonna buy another 55 but can’t find one anywhere

Should I reset App and cam to defaults and see if that changes anything

Thanks in advance
Brian

See my post here:

UPDATE;

I was having issues with parking Guard mode, as I said in my earlier post, it wasn’t working as described in the manual, I had it hardwired with the parking mode cable that I had my DC 55 hooked up too.This cable doesn’t not work with the DC67W

I ended up buying a Garmin Constant Power cable and now the DC67W works the way it should

I still don’t really Parking Guard on the DC67W compared to Parking mode on the DC55

It really doesn’t make sense to me that seemingly Garmin took a step backwards with parking mode

Not sure about your circumstances but the Garmin Parking Mode Cable (model 010-12530-03) is compatible with the whole DashCam line including DC67W.

Not sure about your circumstances but the Garmin Parking Mode Cable (model 010-12530-03) is compatible with the whole DashCam line including DC67W.

Hmmm, I’m not sure that’s correct unless my parking mode cable is faulty, it is 3.5 years old, worked great with my DC 55, I unplugged my DC 55 and plugged in my new 67W and it never worked the way the manual described that it should, when I purchased the Garmin Constant power cable, the 67w worked like it should

I ended up returning the 67W…didn’t like parking Guard, I bought a replacement battery for my DC 55 and now it works fine again
The old battery was bloated and wouldn’t hold a charge

I don't like the new x7 parking and incident mode either but I understand why they changed it (limiting data for cloud upload)
I wish they kept the old behavior and let users throttle data as necessary.

Strong supporter of individual choice and empowerment.

BTW like my internet just got updated from 100 / 1000 to 500 / 1000 mbit, my phone plan also got upgraded to 5 G and i think its like 70 GB data now, and i use about 1 GB a month.
I also have free speech but talk a few hours every month, and i have free TXT too, but in a bad week i send / receive 2 TXT messages.

Of course both for a small price hike.

Funny thing when they do this they do not mention smaller plans that might suit one better.

Back