Garmin Dash Cam 54 2.5K/2"/122 - stuck at formatting

wermic

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hey,

From two days i have problem with my Dash Cam. Garmin stuck at "Please formate...". I tried many SD cards, whose work on another devices. I asked support about this problem, but they said my guarante expired.

Did you have same problems? If i click "Format" i see same error in milisecond, but all of my sd cards were good.

I can not update firmware, because my computer don't see connected devices. May i do it manually?

1674042542419.png

Welcome to the forum wermic.

The normal way to update firmware are to put a firmware file on the memory card, if its there most cameras will detect that first and flash the firmware.
I have never tested a dashcam that let you update it via its APP.

Thanks kamkar!

May I ask you where can i find requierd files? And one more question is the error won't be a problem?

I think they would be somewhere at Garmins home page ( not familiar with this brand of dashcams )

The firmware files are generally in the .bin format, so it would be called ????.bin, it is this file you need to put in the root of the memory card, i personally delete all other files on the card first.

Thanks. Unfortunately they don't share their files... because i can't find that. I can download only APP :(

Have you tried another card? You can restart your device if it stops functioning. Hold the power key for 12 seconds.

Back