Genuine G1WH For 42.49$

Changing the path ain't going to work for me, as the psu is a really strong source of FM interference. It jammed FM even with the cable tangled up into a ball by the socket after I unplugged the camera. Couldn't even get bbc radio 2, which is a strong signal here.

Do you have other car chargers?
My dashcam works with any car adapter with usb port.

Look who it is! DHL. I ordered Friday night at 5 pm and It just arrived Wednesday at noon. 3 Business days. Awesome!

Delivery man was pretty big, I'm 6'5" and 225lb and he was a little taller than me.
14429768186_02ce65972c_b.jpg

Well, Two G1WH Cameras with one box totally destroyed.... They really need to package these things better.

14429718446_5897bdbb5e_c.jpg

14266236758_91037e4903_c.jpg

14451714254_4c76272615_c.jpg

14449474051_6c396c4e9d_c.jpg

I'll test them today, I'm a little iffy on opening it up to check the sensor because these feel much better built than the fake G1W I got from ebay....

I like the buttons, Much better feeling. There is no play in them, feel smoother and overall better than the one I had before.
I like that their all black, kinda stealthy. Might make it hotter in the window in the summer time but I guess we'll see.

Great quality of your first picture.
Is it CCTV camera or HD ?

Here's the first test video with it. I get cut off at 1:32
It seems to be a little lacking in sharpness. What do you guys think?
Also the mic is horrible compared to the fake g1w I had...
It is .mov 1080p at 30fps though so I'm sure it's the real deal.

Here's the first test video with it. I get cut off at 1:32
It seems to be a little lacking in sharpness. What do you guys think?
Also the mic is horrible compared to the fake g1w I had...
It is .mov 1080p at 30fps though so I'm sure it's the real deal.

Looks overexposed.
Reduce EV by one or two steps and it should be better.

That cameras EV is set to Zero.

Ok, so get this. I set up the other camera in my wifes car and tested it out tonight. Video quality seems better but I've only been able to test it at night, Mic Audio is MUCH MUCH better. Menu was already in English so I bet I got two different versions.

I'll check version #'s and report back. If I can't flash the bad one to good like the one I put in my wifes then I'll return it and ask for another. But it's def. better.

Exposure is perfect

For the sound, you can flash the firmware of the Gt300

I've ordered a long lead plus 2.1A usb charger, but probably could have got away with a 1 amp one as I've found up a usb charging cable with exchangeable tips, and used it to make a rough measurement of the current draw while recording and charging. It averaged around 0.6 amp, but got as high as 0.68, although this was while plugged into a laptop usb port, which might have limited the power available.

Here's a clip from the G1WH I got from banggood. The sound is pretty clear on the one I received, picture is fine, and the build quality seems fine.

Changing the path ain't going to work for me, as the psu is a really strong source of FM interference. It jammed FM even with the cable tangled up into a ball by the socket after I unplugged the camera. Couldn't even get bbc radio 2, which is a strong signal here.

There is more info on another thread http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/g1wh-charging-problem-with-replacement-psu.5980/

I also got one of these from the banggood sale, mine seems fine except the volume is low, so when you play back it has a lot of hissing

Last edited by a moderator:
So I've found my wifes dash creates this reflection on the windshield that almost looks identical to over exposure.... It's bad enough I'm thinking of ways to fix this.

I saw some diy polorizer film cut and glued into a cap type lens almost... and that worked so I might look into something like that/

So I've found my wifes dash creates this reflection on the windshield that almost looks identical to over exposure.... It's bad enough I'm thinking of ways to fix this.

I saw some diy polorizer film cut and glued into a cap type lens almost... and that worked so I might look into something like that/
Just put a polarized sunglasses in the front. ;)

lol yeah but I need something a little more secure. I don't want any flexing of the material or leaking of light etc... I want the clearest possible image quality.

lol yeah but I need something a little more secure. I don't want any flexing of the material or leaking of light etc... I want the clearest possible image quality.

The shell of the G1WH is the same as certain other cameras such as the GT300W, which I happen to own. You will find that the lens barrel is the exact size as an old Kodak black plastic 35mm film canister. If you cut the bottom off a canister you can make an excellent slip on friction fit lens shade that will cut down on lens flare and "some" window reflections. Just hook up the camera as a web cam in order to determine how short to trim the canister so that it is as deep as possible but does not cause vignetting. You can also use the cap of the film canister as a lens cap on the trimmed lens shade or even cut a hole in it as a polarizer filter holder (made from 3D movie glasses) if the canister is cut back far enough to avoid vignetting and you just use it as a mount for the filter.

Personally, I gave up on polarizers because I could never remember to remove the filter at night which is indeed necessary. I've found the lens shade method works well enough that I can live with most reflections. Even if it doesn't eliminate reflections a lens hood will improve the quality of your videos by cutting down on internal lens barrel reflections, thereby improving contrast. In other words, the video sometimes doesn't look as great as I would like depending on the angle of the sun on a particular day but all in all the details I really need to capture are usually there in the footage. You can enhance the effectiveness of one of these homemade lens hoods by spray painting it flat black.

Last edited:
The shell of the G1WH is the same as certain other cameras such as the GT300W, which I happen to own. You will find that the lens barrel is the exact size as an old Kodak black plastic 35mm film canister. If you cut the bottom off a canister you can make an excellent slip on friction fit lens shade that will cut down on lens flare and "some" window reflections. Just hook up the camera as a web cam in order to determine how short to trim the canister so that it is as deep as possible but does not cause vignetting. You can also use the cap of the film canister as a lens cap on the trimmed lens shade or even cut a hole in it as a polarizer filter holder (made from 3D movie glasses) if the canister is cut back far enough to avoid vignetting and you just use it as a mount for the filter.
Doesn't that reduce FOV?

No. Not if you install it as I said and avoid vignetting.

Edit:
Here, read this.
And this.

Not the same thing.
That only works with standard lenses, not wide angle.
It'll block FOV on dashcams if you add a tube to block sun glare and if it's too short, it won't block any glare.

lens-hood-png.5719

Attachments

• Lens-Hood.png
    Lens-Hood.png
    107 KB · Views: 66
Last edited by a moderator:
Received my G1WH from Banggood a couple days ago. I was pleasantly surprised when the menu was in English!! Looks like they released a new firmware as mine is dated 2014.0509
If it's possible to dump the firmware from one of these I'll upload it for others to try out if you want.

Thanks Chris-S.. my Transcend 32GB MicroSDHC Class10 UHS-1 (TS32GUSDU1E) seems to be working perfectly in it.
Audio is still mono but useable, all movies are at full 1080p and mov format.

What bit rate do you have on the Banggood G1WH?
Looks like it varies from 12 - 15 depending upon sellers.
Thanks

Back