GIT1, GIT2
New V1.5 Beta Firmware.
Change log:
1. Added: 4:3 aspect ratio for 2880x2160P 24fps mode
2. Added: Wi-Fi mode option: AP, Station
3. Added: Support customize boot logo
4. Added: Wi-Fi Auto-start option: On, Off

5. Added: Pause icon on screen while recording is paused
6. Added: Colourful color option in video and photo mode (lower saturation compared to Vivid option)
7. Added: New OSD mode, only show video mode and recording dot
8. Added: Video shutter speed 1/48s
9. Added: Contrast option for video and photo: Normal, High, Low
10. Fixed: 2160P 24fps video not smooth
11. Fixed: Camera powered off while the file reached 4GB in quick capture mode
12. Fixed: Camera restarting issue in quick capture mode, plug the charger while recording, then stop recording and unplug the charger after the camera powered off
13. Fixed: Wrong EXIF info
14. Fixed: Video ZOOM issue while AV out in narrow mode
15. Improved: Stop recording in middle level for remote shutter.
16. Improved: Once press shutter button to start/stop recording while in screensave mode
17. Improved: Web camera resolution is upgraded to 1920*1440
18. Improved: Wi-Fi stream resolution is upgraded to 1280x960 if enable the Wi-Fi from 1440P or 1080P 4:3 mode.
19. Improved: Spanish, Czech, Russian, Polish language

Download link:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/GIT2FW--V1.5B--0527.7z

How to connect Git2 with the wireless router?
1. Set the Wi-Fi mode on AP mode
2. Put the client.txt file in the SD card root directory, change the SSID and password
3. If set the Wi-Fi auto start option as off, you need long press the Wi-Fi button to enable the Wi-Fi and then connect the router automatically.
4. If set the Wi-Fi auto start option as on, it will connect with router automatically after powered on.

Note: For the Wi-Fi AP mode, if you set the Wi-Fi auto start option as on, it require to restart the camera to enable Wi-Fi automatically.

How to customize the boot logo?
1. Put a 320*240 logo.jpg file in the SD card root directory, file size must be less than 20KB.
2. Power on the camera, it will automatically update the logo, it will show "Update logo, OK" after completed.
3. After update the logo, the logo file will be automatically deleted, and camera will be restarted

Attachments

• client.txt
    27 bytes · Views: 55
Last edited:
2, 3, 4 are just great.
Now I expect to see some boot logos from people.

Thank you for all this great support.

enjoy,
Mtz

Maybe the logo JPG should have some special values except 320x240 resolution?

If the official logo cannot be recovered by reset to default settings, @gitup should upload also the official logo with all firmware updates.

enjoy,
Mtz

Can I use 64GB card to update firmare? Is safe?

In instruction I see: "Use max. 32GB card formatted by camera or on computer as FAT32"

Can I use 64GB card to update firmare? Is safe?

In instruction I see: "Use max. 32GB card formatted by camera or on computer as FAT32"
I always use a 64GB card, the 32 instruction is only because 64 cards don't come formatted as Fat32.

Thanks @gitup for the new firmware! already tried the boot logo and its awesome!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    269.2 KB · Views: 40
I have installed the first 1.5 beta and the logo appears again. But after updating to the latest beta, the logo is gone (black screen). Resetting to defaults doesn't work.

I want to delete the customized logo or reinstall a beta firmware which resets the logo also. I believe the second option is better though.
I thought it is the logo size issue, forgot to mention need keep size less than 20kb.

New V1.5 Beta Firmware.
Change log:
3. Added: Support customize boot logo

After to update the logo, the settings I did before are missing.
I have to configure all settings again.

I suppose that it will be fixed in the final version of this firmware, but this is the actual situation with the last v1.5 beta.

I hope that helps.

Hi all!

This afternoon I was so bored that I have developed a little tool named "GitUpBootLogo" that generates a custom boot logo for Git2 (running the v1.5 beta firmware).

I think that the boot logo could be very useful and it is a good idea.

For example:
If you lost your Git2 and it has been found by someone, the boot logo could show personal information and help us.

This app generates a logo with custom personal information.

You can more information here: https://github.com/J0rgeSerran0/GitUpBootLogo/blob/master/README.md

If you want to change the app, you can do it freely because the source code is written in C# and is open source.

If you want to download the zip file with the app, you can do it here: https://github.com/J0rgeSerran0/GitUpBootLogo/blob/master/GitUpBootLogo.zip?raw=true

The tool is very very easy to use.

If you find bugs, please, feel free to contact me to fix them.

Thanks and I hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Jorge

After to update the logo, the settings I did before are missing.
I have to configure all settings again.

I suppose that it will be fixed in the final version of this firmware, but this is the actual situation with the last v1.5 beta.

I hope that helps.
Camera will reset after update the logo, this can not be fixed.
But we planned something new on V1.6, this will help to reload the configuration.

Hi all!

This afternoon I was so bored that I have developed a little tool named "GitUpBootLogo" that generates a custom boot logo for Git2 (running the v1.5 beta firmware).

I think that the boot logo could be very useful and it is a good idea.

For example:
If you lost your Git2 and it has been found by someone, the boot logo could show personal information and help us.

This app generates a logo with custom personal information.

You can more information here: https://github.com/J0rgeSerran0/GitUpBootLogo/blob/master/README.md

If you want to change the app, you can do it freely because the source code is written in C# and is open source.

If you want to download the zip file with the app, you can do it here: https://github.com/J0rgeSerran0/GitUpBootLogo/blob/master/GitUpBootLogo.zip?raw=true

The tool is very very easy to use.

If you find bugs, please, feel free to contact me to fix them.

Thanks and I hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Jorge
Thank you very much, that's very good.
It is good to use this contact logo as power off logo, I made this one as power off logo.
power off logo.jpg

Here another 2 cents too.

A lot of photo cameras, provide the possibility to add copyright information.

For example:

http://media.wiley.com/Lux/73/373973.image2.jpg
http://media.wiley.com/Lux/50/324950.image1.jpg

This information goes on the image metadata.

My suggestions are:
- Provide the possibility to add copyright/contact information.
- Provide the possibility to to add the owner information in the metadata of the media files.

On video that works with the custom text, probably it can also be made to work on photos.

Back