Git2 Beta Firmware

No lights (plugged in also)/ no button response after initial load of firmware.
But I'll try putting the old firmware on the card and re-try. And purge the power with everything out and unplugged.
What version did you have before the update ?

Proving some firmware settings v 1.5beta 2. Several clips recorded low contrast, normal color and low sharpness; with gyro on-off. Improvement in reducing noise and pixelation Youtube generated mainly in areas less so bright.

That's weird, all the cables i've tried have worked.

Are you people sure that not all the cables are the same? I mean mini usb to usb. :confused:

The one that I was using had the power only pins for another project.. There's a nice custom variety of mini usb cables out there.

How to customize the boot logo?
1. Put a 320*240 logo.jpg file in the SD card root directory, file size must be less than 20KB.
2. Power on the camera, it will automatically update the logo, it will show "Update logo, OK" after completed.
3. After update the logo, the logo file will be automatically deleted, and camera will be restarted

Just registered to post this information for other users that may end up having problems uploading their logo as I did. I apologize if this has already been posted elsewhere, but couldn't find any mention of it so leaving it here:

Git2 won't accept just any JPEG as a logo, after a trial-and-error run, I found that the JPEG can't be:
- progressive
- use 4:4:4 subsampling
- use 4:2:2 vertical subsampling
- and the other mentioned limits as resolution and file size

What apparently works:
- non-progressive JPEG
- 4:2:2 horizontal subsampling
- 4:2:0 subsampling
- DCT methods seem to work in all three cases (fast integer, integer, floating point)

To avoid many pointless reboots, you can use the Git2 internal file browser and try to read your image first - if it says "file error", your logo won't work, obviously. You should be able to use any proper graphics editing software to customize and save an acceptable logo after avoiding the issues mentioned above, i.e. GIMP works very well.

Last edited:
Back