Git2 goes diving - discussion thread

See YouTube description for all the details
Hi, nice video, but it would be even better with the dive filter. As I wrote you, the water is so clear and a lot of things to see in the Indian ocean so you were watching the beautiful ocean and forgot to swap it. Maybe on the next dive. Also the 1.4 firmware is out, I upgraded my gitup and the custom wb works quite good with it and you can set the red and blue between 0-19. Might worth upgrading it whilst you are in Mauritius and fine tuning the white balance if the filter is too much or not enough. I am quite courious to see a video using the dive filter and a snorkel video too

Hi, nice video, but it would be even better with the dive filter. As I wrote you, the water is so clear and a lot of things to see in the Indian ocean so you were watching the beautiful ocean and forgot to swap it. Maybe on the next dive. Also the 1.4 firmware is out, I upgraded my gitup and the custom wb works quite good with it and you can set the red and blue between 0-19. Might worth upgrading it whilst you are in Mauritius and fine tuning the white balance if the filter is too much or not enough. I am quite courious to see a video using the dive filter and a snorkel video too
That was with a dive filter, but the one designed for up to 6 meters. Will use the right filter when deeper tomorrow. Don't think I'll be flashing the firmware while on holiday, not risking bricking my camera. Have got some snorkeling footage, which I will post at some point.

That was with a dive filter, but the one designed for up to 6 meters. Will use the right filter when deeper tomorrow. Don't think I'll be flashing the firmware while on holiday, not risking bricking my camera. Have got some snorkeling footage, which I will post at some point.
Try a bit with both when deeper.

There is already not much red in that, if you filter out enough blue to get a good white balance then it will be a dark image and the 16MP sensor is not ideal for the dark, I don't know which will be best so try with both, and maybe also with none so we can see the difference...

I meant you used the shallow filter. Updating the firmware is very easy. You can't break your camera. Simply download,copy it to the empty memory card unplug the usb and I think you have to reconnect it,and it's done. But there is instruction with it.

When can you post your snorkel video? Could you try with the deeper filter when you dived?

Is the git2 housing that comes with the pro pack not good enough for full submersion?
I hope to take my git2 whitewater kayaking where it'll be fully submerged, will the housing be strong enough or do I need to invest in a 60m case?

Is the git2 housing that comes with the pro pack not good enough for full submersion?
I hope to take my git2 whitewater kayaking where it'll be fully submerged, will the housing be strong enough or do I need to invest in a 60m case?
It's advertising says 30 meters waterproof! The Git 2 apparently will work inside Gopro cases, so you could use the earlier 60 meter case (has ring of visible screws).

The remote should be good for rafting too but not much more. It's only rated for 2 meters. But yes the case is good for 30 meters. So as long as you don't bash it into a rock or something you should be fine.

I tried to submerge the gitup housing into our 2metres deep pool for about 45mins-1hours long, and it was dry inside when I removed. So it should be fine. But make sure that the o-ring is clean before you close the housing.

Hi guys, has anyone tried the git2 original housing at deep? I mean something about 20m or so?
I don't feel confident about how well will this housing work untherwater. It has no O-ring but a non convencional rubber seal.

Enviado desde mi Mi-4c mediante Tapatalk

Hi guys, has anyone tried the git2 original housing at deep? I mean something about 20m or so?
I don't feel confident about how well will this housing work untherwater. It has no O-ring but a non convencional rubber seal.

Hi,
I haven't tried the gitup housing at 20m, but I bought the gopro standard and dive housing for it, to be able to use red filter and the rubber seals look the same on the gopro cases like on the gitup case.
Hope this helps

Ok, I finally got my GoPro diving housing, the new one that comes with the backdoor suitable for the GoPro 4 Silver (the one with screen).
The seal looks similar to the Git2 original housing but the lock looks better.

I'll take both to the water to test, the camera in the Diving housing and the git2's empty.

More in July, unfortunately I can't check it in the water till then.

Best regards from Spain.

Ok, I finally got my GoPro diving housing, the new one that comes with the backdoor suitable for the GoPro 4 Silver (the one with screen).
The seal looks similar to the Git2 original housing but the lock looks better.

I'll take both to the water to test, the camera in the Diving housing and the git2's empty.

More in July, unfortunately I can't check it in the water till then.

Best regards from Spain.

Please be sure to put something like a paper towel inside the empty git2 case so it will be more obvious if there were any leaks.

That's exactly the plan [emoji6]

Best regards from Zaragoza.

Tested Git2 today in local lake, with temperatur down to 17 degree celsius

1080P, bitrate high gyro on

findings:
- after 40min water condensation on backdoor, foggy
- bad focus distance if you want to approache small objects
- 2 lights are sufficient
- quality ok, for bad light in lake at 4,5 m

vacation prepartions needed:
- silica plates for the housing
- check for macro lens, which is easy to switch

Tested Git2 today in local lake, with temperatur down to 17 degree celsius

1080P, bitrate high gyro on

findings:
- after 40min water condensation on backdoor, foggy
- bad focus distance if you want to approache small objects
- 2 lights are sufficient
- quality ok, for bad light in lake at 4,5 m

vacation prepartions needed:
- silica plates for the housing
- check for macro lens, which is easy to switch
I like the Gopro 40meter case. There are several macro/red/magenta adapter/filter combinations available on EBay. I like the blue fix assy.with O ring to hold the adapter snugly and the fact that you can use an included O ring for above water to seal out dust!

Back