Git2 official apps

Since when? How many months are they working on it now? 8? 9? More? Are they really working on this app every day for 8 or 9 months?

What would Gitup do if they were forced for whatever to cancel production of the app? Or if due to some software issue the app simply wasn't possible. Would they release this news and lose potential customers? Or would they continue to say that it's in development and ride it out?

To work.

With 3rd party apps, Git2 does not work well. Often does not connects, then frequent disconnecting, hangs up often, then the only way to make it work is to pull out battery etc etc etc.

That is why I expect native apps to work best.

Git2 is really good camera, but lack of native apps is big minus.

However, worst then missing apps is the fact that Gitup changes release date every month (since december).

The release timeline is getting smaller though, it's only 4-6 weeks now:) lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since when? How many months are they working on it now? 8? 9? More? Are they really working on this app every day for 8 or 9 months?

What would Gitup do if they were forced for whatever to cancel production of the app? Or if due to some software issue the app simply wasn't possible. Would they release this news and lose potential customers? Or would they continue to say that it's in development and ride it out?

they had to start over once already, I've seen no indication that they intend to quit development

they had to start over once already, I've seen no indication that they intend to quit development

They are staying hard, with the inserts stating the time frame; I'll get to test the beta version.. hopefully when it comes out and keep posted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

what you think @jokiin does we must wait git3 to see official git app or not ?
If it doesn't support the Git3 then it is going to need a major upgrade when the Git3 arrives or there will be many more complaints!

I'm sure they will both be released when they are ready, and not before.

Same thing like users of apps made by Gopro, xiaomi etc. Simple things like when you connect your Git cam with phone to see thumbnails of foto or video inside cam and choose what pic or video you will be transferred to your phone so you can post it on social networks and not to wait for place with pc and then connect with pc, transfer and post it. It is 2016 and this is something usual. I want to see remote pic on my phone when taking photo with git on my selfie stick above my head. Whit every 3rd party app if you want take photo and you have capture mode set to sequence, your cam will be frozen like app and you lost that pic. Than you must reset cam and app. In the end like I say before it's 2016 and now every serious product have app.. I think that git2 is really serious product and deserve mobile app
For transfer file to the phone, we heard novetek is working on a new solution without Wi-Fi, transfer file directly to the phone.

For transfer file to the phone, we heard novetek is working on a new solution without Wi-Fi, transfer file directly to the phone.
If not WiFi, then what, Bluetooth? Camera doesn't have bt radio or antenna. and NFC isn't for data transfer as it's too slow and short range. So all that leaves is usb... so... a cable with mini USB on one end and micro USB and lightning/thunderbolt on the other?

@gitup if we talk about ios then only option is another piece of adapter.. why ? oh why ? we have git2, we have phone, thanks for wifi on both side ! why another piece of something.. give us app like you promise and that's it nothing more nothing less... do you see on instagram, facebook etc go pro, xiao 4k videos ? no! you can see photos from cams... no need for special something :( i don't need to transfer 4.5gb of my 120fps video in phone! i want to transfer photos and remote control cam on my phone, i don't want to buy wrist remote because i don't see picture on wrist remote when my cam is on for instance 3 meters under the see or above my head on stone or on my selfie stick but if i have app then i see all thet what my cam see on my phone. Imagine that you are on the beach with your git2 cam, you see beautiful sunset and you don't want to use your cam on phone, because your cam on your phone is not that good like git2! or maybe you want photo with wide angle, anyway after you take photo with git2 you want to transfer your last ten photos and ohhh my god you forgot new solution from novatek in your hotel, and you want to share this instant moment with the world right now.. not for two hours when you will be in hotel again. But you can't, because you don't have git2 official app, all you have new solution from novatek in your hotel. :D but oh my god you have in your pocekt http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MJYT2AM/A/lightning-to-sd-card-camera-reader and you pull memory card out of git2, then put it in that adapter, connect to phone etc. point is why waist time for all that if you have functional app ! be serious company, invest in best mobile app for your product ! all 3rd party apps are **** !
in the end i must say that i was really angry that git2 does not support internal mic in webcam mode but i survive ! And this thing about app is really incomprehensible and rude. It will be fair to write.. ok boys and girls we are sorry but we have problems and we are never release app or app will be out for cca 3 months, or 1 year or something.

@Nigel yap you are right ! look win os there is a lot version after win 3,1 there is a win 95, win 98 , 2000, xp, vista etc ;) but maybe in git3 box will be paper with text ! dear customer this product git3 will never have mobile app, if you want cam with mobile app support like we promise our customers.. then you buy git2 ;)

Last edited:
Like I have told Gitup, I doubt that they work on it.

Their excuse that dev is going slow because of the dev team being in Taiwan is a joke.

And they keep advertising that they have android/ios apps altough they don't. From december they promisse it will be 'next month'.

Like I have told Gitup, I doubt that they work on it.

Their excuse that dev is going slow because of the dev team being in Taiwan is a joke.

And they keep advertising that they have android/ios apps altough they don't. From december they promisse it will be 'next month'.

I'm waiting for that app too.

I work in a mobile development department (ios, android and windows phone) and it's true that the delay it is a little bit strange.

Anyway, there are two ways.
- Wait to see this product released.
- Or develop a product ourselves.

In this moment, I prefer wait news from GitUp, but If GitUp has troubles to release an App and it is impossible for them, I would like to know it to try to help them.

Reactions: Mtz
They can say anything they want to the random user, but we both know how much time is needed for such app.

If they paid well, these apps would be done so far. 6 or more months is more then enough for the app.

If 3rd party apps work well with git2, nobody would even ask, but they do not work well.

They can say anything they want to the random user, but we both know how much time is needed for such app.

If they paid well, these apps would be done so far. 6 or more months is more then enough for the app.

If 3rd party apps work well with git2, nobody would even ask, but they do not work well.

I'm agree with your opinion.

App is available for iOS but not working with latest 9.3.2! Can't connect

We started work on our app in March 2015 - we have today released version 1.0. And that's just for Android. With Android there are over 12,000 slightly different variations of it, and your app needs to work as many as possible. There are huge differences between HTC and Samsung and Moto and LG plus more. You solve one issue, another is created, you solve that, another is created, and so forth. It takes a lot of time and patience. Our app (Android) is now generally pretty stable and works pretty well and as such we turn our attention to iOS. These things do take time, it's not simple and easy, commands have to be refined whatnot. iOS is usually the harder one so if they have that sorted Android should not be far behind.

At least they are creating one unlike other cameras who claim to have apps but just use generic ones which have hit and miss reliability.

Thank you for explanation! I hope that you now know why 99 procent of developers first build ios app to see first bugs and to have feedback from users and than with that knowledge is building Android app. Next time start from iOS not from Android.

Last edited:
Thank you for explanation! I hope that you now know why 99 procent of developers first build ios app to see first busg and to have feedback from users and than with that knowledge is building Android app. Next time start from iOS not from Android.

The flip side to that is this:

1) Every release on iOS takes about 4-7 days to be approved no matter how small.
- on Android it takes 2-4 hours. This means like we have - we missed ONE character out of a line of code which meant that entire function was worthless. This was reported and a few hours later we had a fix. On iOS we submitted this on Saturday and it's still 'in review'. Android you can solve and react to far quicker...iOS is like a slow moving coal train.

2) iOS can reject you for anything and give you no reason or something very vague (for instance we had to take a 'mail' function out of the app and now iOS users cannot email us reports or setting information)
- Android if they do reject you tell you exactly why and allow most things within reason

3) iOS is ruled by people who are power mad
- Android is ruled by reasonable people and as such when things go wrong it's far easier and better - for instance, we made them aware of a bug in their software and someone reached out from Google to get more information so they could look into it. In iOS this NEVER happens.

More and more developers are switching to Android as the primary OS and with iOS's decreasing market share this will only accelerate. Apple really have brought these problems upon themselves.

Back