Git2 so fragile it 's dead after first drop?

As we talked on email, we will arrange the replacement to you though you bought from local re-sellers.
Each dropping have different affect, I dropped my first Git2 sample from 4th floor to 2th floor, the battery cover opened, a very small crack on case, I am still using it for testing.
Good service after sale!

Good service after sale!
It's likely Gopro wouldn't replace its' cam!
Maybe Gitup want it back for analysis so they can find out what went wrong and then make future cameras completely indestructible?

I'm thinking that the screw in the corner that got hit at 50km/h transferred a sharp shockwave directly onto the main PCB. Might have been better not to have the screws and let the front pop off absorbing some of the impact before it reached the PCB?

Was that part of your testing process or an accident? :D
For testing, I test the shutter speed at home with a power bank connected, it is not a good place to put the power bank, power bank is too heavy and dropped first.

One of the very first times I used my git2 was also one of the first times i used my quadcopter. Flew up to about 100ft agl and was doing slow turns to get video of the mountains around my dad's house. Did I mention it was the first time i flew it more than just learning to hover or make basic back and forth passes in the driveway? Well I didn't have my battery alarm set right, so when it got low, it basically just fell out of the sky without warning. Clipped the porch railing on its way down and landed in a big snow drift. Bent a couple props (King Kong props basically never break, they just bend, and then you bend them back and keep flying) and got snow packed into the motors and everywhere else in the frame and the camera was halfway out of the zip ties holding it on, but it was still recording. Had to wipe snow off the case and lens though. But I was also using the waterproof case so it had actual protection.
None of the drones pictured in my RC catalogs have gimbals that would mount a case-protected action cam!
It's not possible to protect the cam while flying, is it?

None of the drones pictured in my RC catalogs have gimbals that would mount a case-protected action cam!
It's not possible to protect the cam while flying, is it?
I don't have a gimbal either. No room. I just had the waterproof case zip tied to the top of my 250 racer.

IMG_20160106_123631~01.jpg

Maybe a mounting below the copter would work better. It seems too loaded in the front part. o_O

Did you try it?
No i only have about an inch ground clearance. Plus the weight of the battery pack counters the weight of the camera. I now use practice golf balls as landing gear. Also, check out my totally legit "drone registration" :D

IMG_20160505_172034~01.jpg

I had countless crashes with my ZMR - I am still a beginner in FPV. The git2 took every crash like a champ.
I am aware that my cam is in danger, that's why I use a cheaper cam and not an overpriced Gopro, gotta keep that in mind...
The cam is great for recording fpv, the gyro takes a great deal of jello out.

Back