Git2P

Left side Git2, right side Git2P (both with normal sharpness, color and contrast, frames from video 60p).
mut1KSB.jpg

Hmm, from a quality perspective, they seem pretty head to head. The git2p from this video (on the right I presume?) looks to be a bit more magenta. Anyone else care to weigh in? Hey @tmvideo, does the gyro in the git2p work if you set the video to upside down mode? I believe in fw1.6 in git2, it does not work.

does the gyro in the git2p work if you set the video to upside down mode? I believe in fw1.6 in git2, it does not work.
I am not ready to make decision about gyro at this time because it seems like it is not adjusted yet for current lens well (it is software issue)..
@gitup could tell us more info about firmware update for git2p170 with gyro warp effect fix.

We are checking if it is a firmware mixed issue.

We are checking if it is a firmware mixed issue.
I checked firmware from you. So, now all works fine for Git2P 170. Gyro also works much more better!
Thanks!

I checked firmware from you. So, now all works fine for Git2P 170. Gyro also works much more better!
Thanks!
What firmware do you reefer to?!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

@tmvideo
A fisheye lens does not work well when you do camera panning while having straight lines like buildings in the video. You can see a lot of disturbing deformations when the buildings move over the screen. Steady shots would have been better here.

Hello! I am considering to buy an action camera to use for action but also as car dvr, as I understand, Git2P 170 degrees with Panasonic sensor suits my necesities? :) Does it have cyclic recording and record on power on? Also, I have seen this camera on aliexpress but the vendor sais that he sends randomly 950/1000 mah batteries, is it ok? :D Thank you!

Hello! I am considering to buy an action camera to use for action but also as car dvr, as I understand, Git2P 170 degrees with Panasonic sensor suits my necesities? :) Does it have cyclic recording and record on power on? Also, I have seen this camera on aliexpress but the vendor sais that he sends randomly 950/1000 mah batteries, is it ok? :D Thank you!
Yes, it does. Camera has loop mode (2, 3, 5, 10 minutes), Car mode - Auto start, G-sensor, CarDVR metering mode.
Just tested auto start. Camera works fine with battery+external power. It starts recording when power on USB connection and automatically turns off in 10 seconds after external power off. The new battery has 1000 mAh capacity.

Last edited:
I've been using the Git2P on my motorcycle helmet and mounted directly to the nose of the bike for a couple weeks. Gyro is on. 1080/60. WDR.
I also updated to the latest firmware that came out last week.
Seems to me the stabilization is definitely not as good on this version as original. Not as noticeable when helmet mounted because my head acts as a shock absorber, but when it is mounted to bike, any little bump upsets image. Just what I've noticed so far. Hope it gets better with successive updates.

I've been using the Git2P on my motorcycle helmet and mounted directly to the nose of the bike for a couple weeks. Gyro is on. 1080/60. WDR.
I also updated to the latest firmware that came out last week.
Seems to me the stabilization is definitely not as good on this version as original. Not as noticeable when helmet mounted because my head acts as a shock absorber, but when it is mounted to bike, any little bump upsets image. Just what I've noticed so far. Hope it gets better with successive updates.
Is that the 90 degree version?

The 90 degree version will never be as smooth since the bumps are magnified along with the image.

Still annoying. Gitup should make that clear when choosing between two available lenses.

Still annoying. Gitup should make that clear when choosing between two available lenses.
Maybe you could get an anti-vibration mount for the bike? It will have a limit on what it can cope with, if you keep it just below the limit then it will look smooth, a little over the limit and it gets annoying, it doesn't take much to take it over the limit.

I lost my Git2 / 170 from mounting it on top of screen to reduce vibration. Replaced with P.
It is now mounted with a clip Mount at the bottom of the screen with foam between the jaws and safety wired. Not much more shock absorbtion available.
Not really trying to take great videos, just close calls, deer, the like.
Helmet chin mount works better, but can't mount it on Shoei Quest (favorite helmet) because vent located on chin.
Really need that waterproof case.
Exposing camera to 100 mph+ wind forces, sometimes, may pulverize camera.
Don't want to have to buy a third.☺️
Thanks for input.

Guys, I want to ask what is the size of a FullHD Video? (1 min for example). I want to buy a micro SD card and don't know if to choose 64gb or the 32gb will be enough. (will be using as dash cam and sometimes as action cam). Also should I choose U3 speed class, or the U1 is ok? Thank you!

I record continuous 1080/60 videos in 5 minute segments on motorcycle trips.
Those 5 minute segments always come out to one gig. I use a 64 g card. That means I can record 320 minutes before card is filled and starts to loop and record over early stuff.
Git2P is plugged into power bank, so it never stops. I could use lower resolution for even more storage time.
Buy best card you can afford.

Back