Git2P

Yes.
A new firmware will be coming soon with features synced from Git2.

First test drive with the Git2P 170.
Gyro on
WDR on
Everything else normal or default

Reactions: Mtz
no need to use gyro when the camera is solidly mounted like that
I normally do with the Git2 because without the gyro it is too wide angle, with gyro on the FOV is quite nice for a dashcam. Using the gyro doesn't loose quality with 16 MP to play with.

I normally do with the Git2 because without the gyro it is too wide angle, with gyro on the FOV is quite nice for a dashcam. Using the gyro doesn't loose quality with 16 MP to play with.

saves things bouncing around like the hood that looks like it's about to fly off, the viewing angle could be a consideration though (for or against) depending what type of view people prefer

Reactions: Mtz
saves things bouncing around like the hood that looks like it's about to fly off, the viewing angle could be a consideration though (for or against) depending what type of view people prefer
:D The more of the hood that you have in the image the worse it looks, I don't normally notice it except on bad roads or when driving through fords.

I noticed a few waterproof cases on Amazon for Hero 4 that look like all the buttons line up with Git2P. Only thing I don't know is if the Panasonic 90 lens sticks out too far to fit.
Has anybody tried one?

I noticed a few waterproof cases on Amazon for Hero 4 that look like all the buttons line up with Git2P. Only thing I don't know is if the Panasonic 90 lens sticks out too far to fit.
Has anybody tried one?

From what I've read, the Hero 4 housing definitely wont work. The git2p with 90° lens git2p protrudes too much.

I've owned the 90 since it first came out. I'm really starting to hate this thing.
If you start out with settings at default and use it for motorcycle helmet mount, the video is not that bad. But you can not mount this thing solidly on a bicycle or motorcycle and get any kind of viewable video. The slightest vibration blurs the video, and I mean blurs the video.
To further test it, I attached it to a chest mount and took a slow walk in the woods.
The slight jarring from steps blurred video at every step.
I owned a Git2P original before I lost it, and that camera was superior for moving video in every way and not just at the frame margins.
While I was on my walk, I changed settings to colorful and wdr, and unless you were dead still, the leaf covered ground and trees acquired a magenta tint, until you stopped dead. Then it normalized.
I want to know how all the action video I see on YouTube and the live feed from racing cars and motorcycles pov can get a clear moving video and I can't.

I've owned the 90 since it first came out. I'm really starting to hate this thing.
If you start out with settings at default and use it for motorcycle helmet mount, the video is not that bad. But you can not mount this thing solidly on a bicycle or motorcycle and get any kind of viewable video. The slightest vibration blurs the video, and I mean blurs the video.
To further test it, I attached it to a chest mount and took a slow walk in the woods.
The slight jarring from steps blurred video at every step.
I owned a Git2P original before I lost it, and that camera was superior for moving video in every way and not just at the frame margins.
While I was on my walk, I changed settings to colorful and wdr, and unless you were dead still, the leaf covered ground and trees acquired a magenta tint, until you stopped dead. Then it normalized.
I want to know how all the action video I see on YouTube and the live feed from racing cars and motorcycles pov can get a clear moving video and I can't.
Gimbal maybe?

Both cases are now available for Git2P on Gitup website, and for $16.98 on AliExpress.☺️

Hi I just got one but I find one side is in focus and the other is out of focus. lens myst be decentered. I noticed similar issue on image at el producente site / review.

Anyone has similar issues? left side at infinity is way too soft. I compared today with Yi 4K. big difference. Last image is Yi 4K, not perfect but more uniform sharpness….

Hi Stefano,
same issue here. Mine on the right side - sample picture see:
http://www.modellbauservice.eu/007.JPG
Did you return yours and get a new one without side focus issue? I am wondering if all 90° FOV GIT2P versions have this issue...

I would unscrew the front panel and then refocus the lens, the lens just needs turning to focus but you may have to scratch away some glue that locks it in place first.

The 90 degree version does need to be focused more accurately than the standard version since the depth of field is a lot less, also means that if it is correctly focused to infinity then the closest thing in focus will be further away than for the standard version, the 90 degree version is thus not so good for selfies.

The left does look more out of focus so the lens mount is probably not sitting quite flat but that is more difficult to sort, you need to fully disassemble it to get to the base of the lens mount, but I guess that just adjusting the focus will get it close enough, you will just need to be more accurate than if the mount was sitting perfectly flat.

I would try refocusing before returning to Amazon, you wont do any damage just removing the front cover.

My Git2P has the same issue. How can you adjust the angle of the lens relative to the sensor? I don't see how that's possible with a screw mount

Back