Git2P

I record continuous 1080/60 videos in 5 minute segments on motorcycle trips.
Those 5 minute segments always come out to one gig. I use a 64 g card. That means I can record 320 minutes before card is filled and starts to loop and record over early stuff.
Git2P is plugged into power bank, so it never stops. I could use lower resolution for even more storage time.
Buy best card you can afford.
You could also turn the bitrate down, probably preferable to using 720 resolution.

I would go for the 64 GB card though, it should have a lifetime twice as long as a 32 GB so if you use it a lot then it doesn't actually cost much more.

@korjikk The size depends on resolution, frame rate, and bitrate. With 1080p/60fps, bitrate high, you can record about 3.5 hours with a 64 GB card. For me there is no reason for turning the quality down.

Hmm, from a quality perspective, they seem pretty head to head. The git2p from this video (on the right I presume?) looks to be a bit more magenta. Anyone else care to weigh in? Hey @tmvideo, does the gyro in the git2p work if you set the video to upside down mode? I believe in fw1.6 in git2, it does not work.

Hi I just got one but I find one side is in focus and the other is out of focus. lens myst be decentered. I noticed similar issue on image at el producente site / review.

Anyone has similar issues? left side at infinity is way too soft. I compared today with Yi 4K. big difference. Last image is Yi 4K, not perfect but more uniform sharpness….

Attachments

• 2017_0612_144615_005-2.jpg
    2017_0612_144615_005-2.jpg
    529.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 2018_0603_193514_004-2.jpg
    2018_0603_193514_004-2.jpg
    565.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 2017_0612_150535_005-2.jpg
    2017_0612_150535_005-2.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 20
  • YDXJ0011.jpg
    YDXJ0011.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 21
I noticed the same issue at el prooducente.
look at this image from his review
2016_1018_125721_004.jpg

here is the review where that image was posted.
GitUp Git2 / Git2P- Review & Manual - el Producente

I can take the image from the front panel tomorrow.
But I looked at teh photos I took when I just received the camera and the issue is constant.
I bought it on Amazon so I am still within the return policy, I also got a Yi $k that looks a lot crisper, but does not fit perfectly in teh MJX Bugs 3 camera holder.
I wonder if the regular Git 2 has similar issues.

I noticed the same issue at el prooducente.
look at this image from his review
2016_1018_125721_004.jpg

here is the review where that image was posted.
GitUp Git2 / Git2P- Review & Manual - el Producente

I can take the image from the front panel tomorrow.
But I looked at teh photos I took when I just received the camera and the issue is constant.
I bought it on Amazon so I am still within the return policy, I also got a Yi $k that looks a lot crisper, but does not fit perfectly in teh MJX Bugs 3 camera holder.
I wonder if the regular Git 2 has similar issues.
I would unscrew the front panel and then refocus the lens, the lens just needs turning to focus but you may have to scratch away some glue that locks it in place first.

The 90 degree version does need to be focused more accurately than the standard version since the depth of field is a lot less, also means that if it is correctly focused to infinity then the closest thing in focus will be further away than for the standard version, the 90 degree version is thus not so good for selfies.

The left does look more out of focus so the lens mount is probably not sitting quite flat but that is more difficult to sort, you need to fully disassemble it to get to the base of the lens mount, but I guess that just adjusting the focus will get it close enough, you will just need to be more accurate than if the mount was sitting perfectly flat.

I would try refocusing before returning to Amazon, you wont do any damage just removing the front cover.

Hm, can I ask you to check firmware version (via camera Settings menu)?
The problem needs to be determined (hardware or software). If you have firmware 1.0-1225 then it needs to be updated to latest 1.01-0327 which contents a bit improved lens profile (Git2P 90 degree lens):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/firmware/git2p/90/GIT2P_V1.0.1_0327.zip

Thank you.
The issue is definitely hardware. The lens must not be parallel to the sensor.
It is a shame as it is one of the few options for native non fish eye images.

I prefer a camera that focuses at infinity. did not get it for selfies but to use it with my MJX Bugs 3 quadcopter.

I also received the original Git 2 from Banggod was considering selling as new as it was unopened as I also got the Yi 4K, but I may just return the Git2P.
The fisheye correction of the Yi4K is very good and colors balance is definitely more pleasing. But it is heavier and does not fit in theBugs 3 camera holder.
Also Git2 P has a mic in, which I ordered. I may just use the regular Git 2 with narrow field of view `on my quadcopter and correct the stills distortion in Lightroom.
Maybe the tolerances in the factory are not good enough for the 90 degree lens. Yet all these camera use a small sensor and have a lot of depth of field anyway.

I hope distant subjects on the regular Sony sensor Git2 are in focus.
If focus needs to be adjusted what glue should be
used to set the position in place? How much does the lens need to be turned?

Thank you.
The issue is definitely hardware. The lens must not be parallel to the sensor.
It is a shame as it is one of the few options for native non fish eye images.

I prefer a camera that focuses at infinity. did not get it for selfies but to use it with my MJX Bugs 3 quadcopter.

I also received the original Git 2 from Banggod was considering selling as new as it was unopened as I also got the Yi 4K, but I may just return the Git2P.
The fisheye correction of the Yi4K is very good and colors balance is definitely more pleasing. But it is heavier and does not fit in theBugs 3 camera holder.
Also Git2 P has a mic in, which I ordered. I may just use the regular Git 2 with narrow field of view `on my quadcopter and correct the stills distortion in Lightroom.
Maybe the tolerances in the factory are not good enough for the 90 degree lens. Yet all these camera use a small sensor and have a lot of depth of field anyway.

I hope distant subjects on the regular Sony sensor Git2 are in focus.
If focus needs to be adjusted what glue should be
used to set the position in place? How much does the lens need to be turned?
If you put a mark on the lens holder and matching mark on the lens thread then I guess you need about 1mm of movement. If you don't need it focused close up as well as infinity, that makes it much easier to find a good point that will focus on both sides.

You probably don't need to put any glue back, the existing glue will keep it a little stiff to turn and thus hold it.

The lens holders are moulded fibre reinforced plastic, the bottom surface is normally left as it comes out of the mould and isn't always perfectly flat, normally they are good enough for the normal wide angle lenses which have a big depth of field, but maybe some are not adequate for lenses with smaller depth of field. I replaced one on another brand of camera recently and ended up sanding it flat before refitting - only needed a couple of strokes across the sandpaper against a hard flat surface to make a big difference to the image.

"I hope distant subjects on the regular Sony sensor Git2 are in focus. "
Those are normally very good, Gitup does better than most manufacturers but as you have found, some of the 90 degree lenses don't focus on both sides, maybe their testing concentrates on a close up of the centre?

Yes, gyro crops the same angle and works very identical.
I forgot to ask... I know in the git2 (non-P version), the gyro doesn't work when the video setting is upside down. Are you able to see if the Git2P also suffers the same bug?

I forgot to ask... I know in the git2 (non-P version), the gyro doesn't work when the video setting is upside down. Are you able to see if the Git2P also suffers the same bug?
Yes, it works. I did test with image rotation option and gyro on. All fine with Git2P170 gyro.
But Git2 gyro didn't work properly with activated image rotation option.

Can anybody explain the massive number of settings available for video recording on the P? Seems like a confusing number. I always used 1080/60 M for motorcycling, but it looks like many more options are available now. Any use for them?

Can anybody explain the massive number of settings available for video recording on the P? Seems like a confusing number. I always used 1080/60 M for motorcycling, but it looks like many more options are available now. Any use for them?
Auto settings are good for almost the all recordings. But you can adjust the final result for your taste.
1) 1080p60 is a good mode but I found that 1440p30 looks a bit better at Youtube and this mode has nice details even with gyro turned on.
Don't recommend to use 720p120, it has aliasing effect.
2) Loop recording. It fills the card until it will be full then start overwriting. Due to the used file system, camera produces files about 3 gb of each. There are no pauses\gaps between video files and this option is good for long recordings (especially with GPS log synchronization at post-production). But you have to control the length of recording to prevent overwriting. Without this option recordings will have gaps about 3 sec in every of 3gb video segments.
3) Record audio level - the level of sound, gains the sensitivity of mic from low level to high level. Low and mid options are useful for loud sound recording (techno-party or hardrock concert for example).
4) Date stamp - places the date in the corner of video recording
5) Time lapse (available in video mode and photo mode). In video mode this option makes 1 frame in specified interval and writes them to video file. So, you can record motion of clouds and so on. Just enter "gitup timelapse" at Youtube for examples.
6) Video snapshots - with specified interval, automatically captures frame to the entire file when camera is recording video
7) White balance - the auto option works great but you can set manually the tint of video, cold colors or warm colors
8) Custom WB - manual adjustment of white balance (color tint of image).
9) This option specifies the role of side button of camera (works when camera is recording video). You can set the gyro on\off, sound on\off, exposure lock, screensaver and other options.
10) EV - exposure compensation. Makes video lighter or darker, -1\3 is a bit darker, +1\3 is a bit lighter. This option works directly with camera shutter and you can set minus EV to prevent overexposure or use plus EV to lift up the darks.
11) Shutter speed - I recommend to use auto option. But experienced users like to use full manual exposure settings for some art experiments.
12) ISO - gains the sensor sensitivity, auto setting is also working fine
13) Color - options for color saturation in video. Normal is the normal saturation, Colorful and Vivid are the options with a bit higher saturation, sometimes these are great for color reproduction.
14) Contrast - contrast between light and shadows in video image. You will adjust contrast later in video editing software.
15) Gyro - very useful option, really great option, if you have no gimbal then you will find it is also good for some shake reduction. I like to use it for cycling.
16) WDR - option improves a bit image. It is trying to make the lights a bit darker and shadows a bit lighter.
17) Slow motion - not recommend, it reduces the video resolution for slow motion effect. It is better to make slow motion in video editing software with 1080p60 videos.
18) Sharpness of image. Yep, it is sharpness )
19) Metering. It is important option. Camera will meter the overall image brightness with specified option: centre - meters the small center area of frame and adjusts the overall image exposure according to it's brightness, spot - meters only one point of frame, CarDVR - privilege of bottom part of frame (checks the road brightness for overall image lightness adjustment), Average - calculate overall brightness of image. You can select option for better image exposure. Average is good for general videos, CarDVR is good for road riding\driving, Centre is also good for many lighting conditions.
20) FOV - you can slightly adjust the field of view, wide or narrow. Don't recommend to use narrow angle with gyro on. Gyro works better with wide FOV.
21) Bitrate - quality of video, higher is better (with bigger size of files).
22) Motion detection - camera will record\pause video recording if motion is detected in frame.
23) G-sensor - is a Gravity sensor. It is well known option for DVR, when camera detects the impact (car collision or so on), it will save current video recording to the safe folder on memory card. G-sensor is not linked with Gyro stabilization, these are the two different options.
Some settings tests in this video:

Last edited:
Thanks. That took a lot of time. Really appreciate it. You should be technical writer for Gitup.

Thanks. That took a lot of time. Really appreciate it. You should be technical writer for Gitup.
:) You are welcome. Firstly, Git2 is the camera for action. So, the auto\normal settings are created for fast and fine results on the go. But don't be afraid to tuneup them with a great set of additional options and parameters.

Is the latest firmware for Git2P 170, Git2PS_1V.0_0328?
Having a hard time trying to figure it out from some posts and what is on Gitup website.

Back