GitUp Git2 Firmware

Not sure why @gitup wrote to connect to the computer... There's no reason to plug the camera into a computer unless your computer doesn't have an SD card slot or adapter.
@Mtz have posted the reason, after automatic upgrading the camera is connecting to PC in USB mode and I can easy delete the firmware directly from windows.

I've played a little bit with the time lapse feature and noticed some problems with the current firmware.

- Display does not go to standby as long as exposure time is smaller than the set standby time (i.e. start of new frame wakes display from standby). Going permanently to standby could greatly enhance battery life in time lapse mode.
- when I set an exposure time of 30s in time lapse mode (with raw enabled) and an Interval of 1s (I guess it's the time between end of the previous frame and start of the next frame) the time between two frames is 80s instead. Haven't testet for other exposure times and intervals now.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have the same problem as @Dave46 . I was trying to update my git2 (using sd card, not pc) and it turned off. Now I cannot turn it on again and I do not know what can I do.

I am trying with and without SD, plugging it into the mains and PC, checking the battery connection and nothing works.

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance

if it powers on but doesn't start you may be able to reload it, make sure battery is fully charged, don't connect to PC to update, just the firmware file on the memory card

... and look at green front LED if is blinking. This means camera is upgrading.

if it powers on but doesn't start you may be able to reload it, make sure battery is fully charged, don't connect to PC to update, just the firmware file on the memory card

... and look at green front LED if is blinking. This means camera is upgrading.

But it does nothing. I tried to turn it on several times and no response (even a led blinking or whatever) =(

Open the battery cover. Press inside with a finger the battery to be sure it is in contact. Then try to update or power on.

Next week.

enjoy,
Mtz

it's not next week yet. ;)

besides - we just got new firmware on christmas eve - one month is a very short time for a proper development/test cycle!
Next week is like tomorrow - it never actually arrives!

Since no fixed date has been given you should expect it when it is ready, whenever that is.

But if it doesn't come soon then we will probably have to wait until after the lunar new year holidays!

It is almost ready, need do more testing, can be released before Chinese new year holiday.
We don't want to like someone release 8 versions in 2 month.

Spanish proverb:
"Nunca es tarde si la dicha es buena"

It's never too late if that is good!

Will the new firmware fix the sound issue when playing vídeos through HDMI?

Last edited:
Will the new firmware fin the sound issue when playing vídeos through HDMI?
You should be able to check for yourself tomorrow :)

Will work for sure but I don't know if in next firmware.

Will the new firmware fix the sound issue when playing vídeos through HDMI?
It this is very important for you, you can use the latest firmware, I have sent a PM to you.
That one is not the official released version but fixed the audio issue while playback on TV through HDMI.

Back