GitUp Git2 Firmware

I upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7, today I noticed that my last few vids were all black. They did have the time stamp on them.
This happened after the card got full.

Anyone facing this?

I re-formatted the card and for now it seems to be recording properly again.

I use it in the car on 2min loopped.

I don't think I did, will wait for the card to get full and see if it happens again - although I think the upgrade wiped most settings.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy with the camera, I've had it for 2+ years and had no issues with it, be it in full sun or in winter it never left my car.
The only issue I ever had turned out to be a cable issue (third party cable).

Speaking of cables, just curious about something (sorry for the offtopic): Why does everyone use that rotten old mini USB port instead of the new micro USB? It's a pain to get a decent cable for it, and it always seems loose.

best to always reset defaults after doing a firmware update

depends on the camera design and how often the camera will get used but the Mini USB port is generally available in sturdier versions than the Micro USB port, the Micro USB cable is better but it's much easier to replace a cable than it is a port

Last edited:
Why does everyone use that rotten old mini USB port
There are not enough pins in a micro USB plug. And you should be happy that it is the old version, because with a few skills you can solder your own adapter cables. That would be impossible with micro USB.

Not enough pins for all the necessary contacts (10 are needed).

Can't see your picture but the question I think was more general in nature about why Mini USB is still more commonly used than Micro USB in cameras, both are available in 10 pin versions if needed so that is not the deciding factor

As I wrote before:
with a few skills you can solder your own adapter cables
With a micro USB plug this will be almost impossible, because everything in there is just too small.

Can't see your picture but the question I think was more general in nature about why Mini USB is still more commonly used than Micro USB in cameras, both are available in 10 pin versions if needed so that is not the deciding factor

Micro USB uses 5 pins by the standard. If you would implement 10 pin normal size non-standard micro USB connector it would be practically impossible to find any adapters or devices which would use this kind of pin 10 layout, unless you would start to manufacture them by yourself.

Micro USB uses 5 pins by the standard. If you would implement 10 pin normal size non-standard micro USB connector it would be practically impossible to find any adapters or devices which would use this kind of pin 10 layout, unless you would start to manufacture them by yourself.

10 pin version of both Micro and Mini USB connectors and cables are available, neither are part of the USB standard

10 pin version of both Micro and Mini USB connectors and cables are available, neither are part of the USB standard

I don't doubt that, but for instance how many microphone adapters you will find with 10-pin micro USB connector? That's why I would say it's practically useless, because of the non-standard implementation.

Unless you are a dominant market player, like Apple, which Gitup by far isn't.

Last edited:
Hello @gitup
None of the dropbox hosted software updates are available!
The future seems to be type-c, being using it on phones for a while it's definitely more robust than Micro Usb but Mini Usb still looks stronger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, @gitup drolbox link for firmware 1.7is not available as of checking. Can you reupload again? Or is there anybody tbat can share a mirror link for 1.7. thanks

Back