GitUp Git2 Firmware

Cant' download from that dropbox link, it says there's an error trying to download... Why isn't it present in official gitup website?

Hi @gitup, any hints on what the 1.7 firmware will fix and/or improve upon? Do you know if the chipset can support 1920x1440 @60fps?

Hi @gitup, any hints on what the 1.7 firmware will fix and/or improve upon? Do you know if the chipset can support 1920x1440 @60fps?
It can not support 1440P 60fps.
We can not confirm the release time for V1.7.

@gitup will you fix the gyro when the git2 is in upside down mode?

New firmware 1.7 for Git2 (Sony sensor), published by GitUp at Rcgroups.
It is not compatible with Git2P!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/git2/Git2FW_V1.7_20170707.zip
p.s. Don't use Zoom+Gyro.

Change Log:
  • 1. Added: Zoom for video, removed FOV option for video
  • 2. Added: External Power option in system settings, removed car DVR option
  • 3. Added: Support quick capture option in configuration file
  • 4. Added: Continues shot for photo: hold the shutter button to take continuous photo.
  • 5. Fixed: Video snapshot issue in 2160P mode
  • 6. Improved: Audio sample rate upgraded to 48kHz
  • 7. Improved: Wi-Fi transfer speed.

Anyone:
How does the zoom work? Pressing the shutter button while filming?

Anyone:
How does the zoom work? Pressing the shutter button while filming?
It is digital zoom, this option does the crop of full image from sensor. I didn't find any option to change zoom on the go. So, you can set it only via Video settings.
Available values are in range from 1.0 (no zoom) to 2.8. Digital zoom affects on image quality and doesn't work with gyro on.

I saw what happens when you have EIS on,the image jumps " to and fro", but when you are filming you can't access the zoom feature on the fly as with a button!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is digital zoom, this option does the crop of full image from sensor. I didn't find any option to change zoom on the go. So, you can set it only via Video settings.
Available values are in range from 1.0 (no zoom) to 2.8. Digital zoom affects on image quality and doesn't work with gyro on.
I've never used the Narrow POV option in the earlier firmware releases, but I thought it might be useful to decrease the amount of fisheye. Do you think the Zoom function is effectively the same (but with more settings)?

I wonder how many degrees of the FOV is cropped by the 2.8 zoom maximum range

I wonder how many degrees of the FOV is cropped by the 2.8 zoom maximum range
With 2.8x zoom an object in the original image will appear 2.8x the height in the zoomed image so you will have 36% of the original FOV.

I've never used the Narrow POV option in the earlier firmware releases, but I thought it might be useful to decrease the amount of fisheye. Do you think the Zoom function is effectively the same (but with more settings)?
i have used the narrow setting for that exact purpose. i was filming the installation of an FPV camera to a micro drone, with the camera attached to my desk lamp with an elastic band, pointing straight down at my desk. wide angle showed way more than necessary, and even narrow was still kinda wide, but it worked out, in that i only had the camera about 1.5ft above my desk and it still showed the work area i wanted it to.

Bit disappointing it doesn't work with the gyro on, on the Git3 it works fine and turns the camera into more of a camcorder rather than a wide angle action camera with fisheye, this was recorded with a zoom of x2.2:

I like the 2.8 zoom better than Git2's narrow setting-'brings my subject closer w/o needing a close-up filter!
However, if I could zoom with the menu function, that would be super!

Bit disappointing it doesn't work with the gyro on, on the Git3 it works fine and turns the camera into more of a camcorder rather than a wide angle action camera with fisheye, this was recorded with a zoom of x2.2:
Please take a look at 6-7 sec with more attention at backside trees

Please take a look at 6-7 sec with more attention at backside trees
Yes, I had noticed, not sure what caused that, maybe the WDR which was turned on? Haven't seen it before, and this is still a prototype with frequent firmware changes.

Not being able to use the zoom with gyro is very disappointing, I use Narrow POV with gyro so if there's no alternative I won't be upgrading to 1.7.

Back