GitUp Git2 Firmware

It is very hard to brick the Git2, what's your previous version?
Only need upgrade the new loader, if your camera version is V1.2; and upgrade the loader first, then upgrade the firmware.
For more help, you can send PM to me.

my previous version is 1.4_0324

similar to the guy in here : http://www.gitup.com/forum/index.php?threads/git2-brick-dead.80/

My step :
1 I put the firmware (GIT2FW.bin) in the root of SD card.
2 connect the camera with usb to computer
3 put the SD card into the camera
4 try to push power button

SD card is :
- vgen 2gb
- samsung 32gb
both are FAT32 formatted

Still, nothing happens. I also tried to remove the battery while doing step 2). I also tried to remove the battery beforehand, and insert it again between step 1) and 2).

To alternate step 1), I did with the :
- GIT2FW.bin from Git2_FW_V1.6
- GIT2FW.bin from GIT2FW_20160324
- GIT2LD.bin from GIT2FW_20160324
- GIT2FW.bin AND GIT2LD.bin from GIT2FW_20160324

Please tell me what to do

Thank you

Try:
  • Put a charged battery in the camera,
  • step 1,
  • step 3,
  • press the power button for 1 second,
  • wait 1 minute.

Thanks for the suggestion, @Nigel. Unfortunately, it still not turned on.
Reformat the Samsung card using Windows.
Place the loader file on the card with nothing else on the card.
Place the card and a charged battery in the camera.
Press the power button for 1 second
Wait 1 minute.
Repeat the process using the firmware instead of the loader, making sure that the loader is not on the card.

If you don't have Windows then what are you using?

Quite a few people have had problems with this, but when they follow the instructions carefully it always seems to work in the end - don't take any shortcuts when following the instructions. I've done it many times and never had a problem, although I never bother formatting the card.

Please tell me what to do
You need to remove the card reader via the safely remove hardware icon (usb icon near the clock in Windows).
Or try to write the firmware directly to the connected camera (with card) and then remove camera also with safely remove icon.
Overall, the update procedure is very simple: connect camera, write bin file, unplug camera, short press power on button and wait for a while.

Reformat the Samsung card using Windows.
Place the loader file on the card with nothing else on the card.
Place the card and a charged battery in the camera.
Press the power button for 1 second
Wait 1 minute.
Repeat the process using the firmware instead of the loader, making sure that the loader is not on the card.

If you don't have Windows then what are you using?

Quite a few people have had problems with this, but when they follow the instructions carefully it always seems to work in the end - don't take any shortcuts when following the instructions. I've done it many times and never had a problem, although I never bother formatting the card.

I finished reformat with FAT32, 16KiB allocation unit. Using windows 10.
Then put only "GIT2LD.bin" from "GIT2FW_20160324" on the card.
Ejected with safely remove.
Pressed the power button, then wait for several minutes. No blinking.
Removed the card from camera without pressing power button.
Put the card back to PC.
Copied "GIT2FW.bin" from "GIT2FW_20160324". Deleted "GIT2LD.bin".
Ejected with safely remove.
Pressed the power button, then wait for several minutes. No blinking. No response.

should have formatted the card in the camera

will it power on with no card?

I want to do that as suggested in many forums. However, it won't charge (no LED) with my power adapter. If I connect it to computer, it is recognized as N96660 in device manager with exclamation mark (no mass storage or usb camera whatsoever)

maybe @gitup can suggest what to try next, only 6am where they are but I'm sure they'll check in here in a few hours time and will offer some advice

should have formatted the card in the camera

will it power on with no card?
Maybe format it in a dashcam or other action cam?

I want to do that as suggested in many forums. However, it won't charge (no LED) with my power adapter. If I connect it to computer, it is recognized as N96660 in device manager with exclamation mark (no mass storage or usb camera whatsoever)

How many batteries you have and is there any way you can check how much current they have left? You just might have an empty battery if the charging is not working. I got a faulty camera which does not charge (still waiting response from @gitup) and only way to use it is to charge the batteries with external charging bay.

Maybe format it in a dashcam or other action cam?

I don't have any other camera

How many batteries you have and is there any way you can check how much current they have left? You just might have an empty battery if the charging is not working. I got a faulty camera which does not charge (still waiting response from @gitup) and only way to use it is to charge the batteries with external charging bay.

This is the only one battery I have. In fact, I just bought it like 2 weeks ago. If I tried to charge it, my power adapter goes warm.
Now with I already tried all the proposed solution, I'm thinking maybe this is hardware issue.

And I cannot return it to banggood (where I bought it) for I don't know what reason. They told me to find the service centre in here.
There it goes, 2 weeks camera, bricked.

Have you factory reset,and begun steps again?
All of my wall adapter chargers get warm, the tablet models the hottest .
I bought my Git 2 many mos.ago and it had the v.1.4 fw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you factory reset,and begun steps again?
All of my wall adapter chargers get warm, the tablet models the hottest .

Never tried that. How do I factory reset? Can't find any info on the net.

Never tried that. How do I factory reset? Can't find any info on the net.
I' stay on line-Does the cam power up and give you the menu video/photo screens?
A DCT member TechTronic 9000 has youtube videos-you could pm him.

Now with I already tried all the proposed solution, I'm thinking maybe this is hardware issue.

And I cannot return it to banggood (where I bought it) for I don't know what reason. They told me to find the service centre in here.
There it goes, 2 weeks camera, bricked.
If it's a hardware issue it will fall under manufacturers warranty, and as far as I know Gitup has honoured it pretty well. Still you can take further steps to examine the issue by yourself if you will: Get another charged battery from somewhere, or better, get an external battery charger (or even better get them both as they will come quite useful when you get the camera working again). They don't cost much when ordered from places like Banggood, Gearbest or Aliexpress. I would recommend SJCAM's batteries as they work also on Git2 and some other cameras like Firefly 7s.

Another option is to borrow or purchase some cheap multimeter which I'm sure will come handy when solving issues with electronics later on, and check how much current you have left on the battery.

Of course the problem can be somewhere else than the hardware as well, but given the fact that Git2 has had record of faulty capasitors before I would not exclude hardware issue right of the bat.

Last edited:
I' stay on line-Does the cam power up and give you the menu video/photo screens?
A DCT member TechTronic 9000 has youtube videos-you could pm him.

No, the camera even couldn't give me any screens. Heck, the LED is not blinking at all.

If it's a hardware issue it will fall under manufacturers warranty, and as far as I know Gitup has honoured it pretty well. Still you can take further steps to examine the issue by yourself if you will: Get another charged battery from somewhere, or better, get an external battery charger (or even better get them both as they will come quite useful when you get the camera working again). They don't cost much when ordered from places like Banggood, Gearbest or Aliexpress. I would recommend SJCAM's batteries as they work also on Git2 and some other cameras like Firefly 7s.

Another option is to borrow or purchase some cheap multimeter which I'm sure will come handy when solving issues with electronics later on, and check how much current you have left on the battery.

Of course the problem can be somewhere else than the hardware as well, but given the fact that Git2 has had record of faulty capasitors before I would not exclude hardware issue right of the bat.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I will not extend my approach by buying another stuff (battery, multimeter) for now as I already literally broke my savings for buying git2. At least not for a month.

Currently I'm talking with @gitup to return the camera, but I have to pay some of the shipping cost which I couldn't afford right now.

Trying to change the loader name into LDNH2.bin is not working either.
(I put it here so maybe other user who come into similar problem can try this one)

Same problem here. Have the camera for 1 week now and not any of the solutions work for me.

Hope a solution is found quickly. @gitup is it a hardware problem? And of so, what next?

New Firmware Git2 V1.6.1 - 0104

Changelog:

Update for more compatibility for Git2 App

--that's all i know--

Personal observation:
Faster loading of images(photo viewer)
Faster loading of photos in fncam(i have many photos before and took ages to load sometimes never loads)
Camera not freezing when wifi turned off

Screenshot_20170213-214634.png

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdghlv70vov3j9c/GIT2FW--V1.6.1--0104.zip?dl=0

Thanks for your share, V1.6.1 is mainly for GitUp app compatibility.

Back