GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

my monitor is 1920x1200 (yes, 1200, not 1080) but it still looks letterboxed on my screen. quality looks pretty good considering how overcast it is. also fisheye effect is very minimal. too bad it's not really 4k.

my monitor is 1920x1200 (yes, 1200, not 1080) but it still looks letterboxed on my screen. quality looks pretty good considering how overcast it is. also fisheye effect is very minimal. too bad it's not really 4k.
I guess it should look letterboxed since it is 16:9 aspect ratio video and your screen is too tall to fit 16:9 video without black bars top and bottom. Unless your pixels are not square!

Regards from Spain.
I made a order in Gearbest because I think this cam will be the best cam.
Some questions: is gyro a part of sensor novatek or is different part of cam? Is Hardware o software?
Is not hurried the sale if still it's in test?
Thanks so much and sorry for my poor english

Regards from Spain.
I made a order in Gearbest because I think this cam will be the best cam.
Some questions: is gyro a part of sensor novatek or is different part of cam? Is Hardware o software?
Is not hurried the sale if still it's in test?
It is an extra chip with rotation sensors inside. The software can use the rotation information to correct the image for any rotation or shaking of the camera. It does have limits on what can be corrected, but if you are holding the camera reasonably still then you can get smooth video.

It is still in test, but it is getting very close to production quality:
Boats.jpg

Thanks so much Nigel.
I'm desperately waiting for my camera

Another question:
Does It have configurable function for menu button (audio mute, exposure and WB lock) or will be in future updates?

Last edited:
I buy it in preorder and I what can be upgraded by a firmware upgrade on this camera? It looking really good like this, but I m interested by is potential upgrade firmware and hardware like lens

Thank you

Of course will be firmware upgrades, they have a developing team which is a rare thing for a chinese brand. Will be not for sure sell and forget.

enjoy,
Mtz

I want to know , what can a firmware can upgrade on the hardware of the git2? Can it jump the fps higher? Add new mods?

Thank you

I want to know , what can a firmware can upgrade on the hardware of the git2? Can it jump the fps higher? Add new mods?

Thank you
Do you mean do some DIY script as XiaoYi?

Do you mean do some DIY script as XiaoYi?

Not diy script. I will change my question.

Does the firmware exploited the full capacity of the hardware? If not , will there be update to be able to get the full capacity?
What are the capacity of the hardware?
Does a firmware can raise the fps? . . . Sorry for my bad english.

Not diy script. I will change my question.

Does the firmware exploited the full capacity of the hardware? If not , will there be update to be able to get the full capacity?
What are the capacity of the hardware?
Does a firmware can raise the fps? . . . Sorry for my bad english.
Are you not satisfied with the current specification?

I'm not convinced the current specification has been published yet anyway, the "4K" video mode only appeared last week. the 4K photo mode the week before!

It's Halloween night, some Git2 photos from earlier today:

Pumkins2.JPG

Pond%20Colours2.jpg

Tree2.JPG

Which cam is better for night video? Git1 or Git2?

Which cam is better for night video? Git1 or Git2?
Git1 has better night video. If you mainly using for dashcam and want better night video quality, better to choose the Git1.
Git1's night video is better than Hero4 and XiaoYi.

Shenzhen Happy Valley Halloween Event, you can not image there are so many people.
2015_1031_183135_007.JPG 2015_1031_183625_012.JPG 2015_1031_200428_005.JPG

Are you not satisfied with the current specification?

I'm not convinced the current specification has been published yet anyway, the "4K" video mode only appeared last week. the 4K photo mode the week before!

Thank you nigel! Yes , I m happy with the spec and that you show us but I just want to know if the cam is working to is full capacity and if it will get old fast . I like to know what I can expect in the next future. I like a product that you can upgrade with the time and I belive it give a good name to the compagny. You can look to sjcam, they look like to have to much products so it make me think that there product get old fast and will not support there products, this is why it make me look at gitup git2, even after a friend try to tell me that sjcam is the best chinese compagny and all others are clones. If I can buy products to upgrade my cam later instead of buying a new one it is a option I like better. Like changing the cpu, lens , sensor for exemple with the add of a new firmware. I found the info of the sensor but nothing on the cpu. And what the can really do toghter. There is alot of videos on youtube but my internet is not fast enougth to run the full quality and doing a good comparision agaist a higher price tag cam like a gopro hero4 4k black. With more spec and what It can maybe do in the future, it help me know if I will like it better the my panasonic hc-v700m.

Thank you

Is possible 1080p 120fps in future upgrade?
Is possible add digital zoom?

Is possible 1080p 120fps in future upgrade?
Is possible add digital zoom?
Digital zoom is much more likely since it kind of already exists in the fov setting. 1080p@120fps is extremely unlikely as that would probably require a big hardware upgrade. 720p@120fps might be possible with this hardware though.

Back