GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

1080/120 do sound good, for those action shots, i dont see much need for it in dashcams.

It will be a while i think before we can get it in "affordable" cameras, but its what i look forward to, and allso ultra small 1080/30/60 action cameras, about half the size of a mobius sound good to me, and even smaller would not hurt me :cool:

It already does 720 @ 120 fps. I don't see any reason to think it could do 1080 @ 120 in future without a hardware upgrade.
It does have a FOV option, but a proper digital zoom without loss of quality doesn't seem to be feasible given current hardware.

I like to know what I can expect in the next future. I like a product that you can upgrade with the time and I belive it give a good name to the compagny. You can look to sjcam, they look like to have to much products so it make me think that there product get old fast and will not support there products, this is why it make me look at gitup git2, even after a friend try to tell me that sjcam is the best chinese compagny and all others are clones. If I can buy products to upgrade my cam later instead of buying a new one it is a option I like better. Like changing the cpu, lens , sensor for exemple with the add of a new firmware. I found the info of the sensor but nothing on the cpu. And what the can really do toghter. There is alot of videos on youtube but my internet is not fast enougth to run the full quality and doing a good comparision agaist a higher price tag cam like a gopro hero4 4k black. With more spec and what It can maybe do in the future, it help me know if I will like it better the my panasonic hc-v700m.
The CPU for Git2 is Novatek 96660, this one support real 1080P 60fps and 2K video. We have added the CPU info on our official website.
Regarding Sensor, there are 3 sensors can work with NTK96660, they are OV4689, IMX078, IMX206. The one on Git2 is IMX206.
Regarding Lens, we choose the 7G lens, we have done much comparison between the lens, so we don't use some cheap poor quality lens.
For products, even we hold releasing the OV4689 version to avoid release a new products soon just change the sensor.
We can say we have done best for this chipset.
We have no intention to copy SJCAM, we go further than SJCAM, the Git2 support external MIC, remote control, quick start recording.

The CPU for Git2 is Novatek 96660, this one support real 1080P 60fps and 2K video. We have added the CPU info on our official website.
Regarding Sensor, there are 3 sensors can work with NTK96660, they are OV4689, IMX078, IMX206. The one on Git2 is IMX206.
Regarding Lens, we choose the 7G lens, we have done much comparison between the lens, so we don't use some cheap poor quality lens.
For products, even we hold releasing the OV4689 version to avoid release a new products soon just change the sensor.
We can say we have done best for this chipset.
We have no intention to copy SJCAM, we go further than SJCAM, the Git2 support external MIC, remote control, quick start recording.

Could add something more about real 120fps in 1080?
It would be possible with the current hardware?
thankful

No, the novatek CPU in this camera cannot handle 1080p any faster than 60fps as @gitup says above. It's like trying to make a bone stock 1949 vw beetle go 200mph - it will never happen no matter how hard you try. You can install a 200mph speedo but it'll never even hit 100.

yeah we need other hardware for this, and right now that hardware is too expensive to build anything in my price range.
But i am sure we will see that "soon" and by that i mean the tail end of 2016 at best ( again my price range )
gitup seem to have a good approach to things, so i hope things will shape up nice for them in the future.

What is the bitrate in 1080p 30 fps and 60 fps?

7 days left!!

Is the size of Git2 the same as GoPro3 ?

Are you not satisfied with the current specification?

I'm not convinced the current specification has been published yet anyway, the "4K" video mode only appeared last week. the 4K photo mode the week before!

It's Halloween night, some Git2 photos from earlier today:

Pumkins2.JPG

Pond%20Colours2.jpg

Tree2.JPG

Very nice pictures.
I want Git2. :)

The chipset can go to around 50Mbps to my knowlege, but 28Mbps sound good in my ears.

Wow!!! 28Mbps??I suppose this bitrate is with 60 fps.
How much in 30 fps?
Thanks so much
1080P 30fps bitrate is about 17Mbps.
Bitrate maybe changed in future, we need do further checking about this, but currently we offer higher bitrate for 1080@60fps than others.

The chipset can go to around 50Mbps to my knowlege, but 28Mbps sound good in my ears.
I think the 28Mbps is a bit more than really required when using this codec, especially when you don't have too much artificial sharpening, but it does mean that you can make decent adjustments in your video editor without destroying the video quality. As an action camera, really long record times are not normally required anyway, certainly not at 60fps.

Thanks so much for all your replys.
Normaly I will be use 30 fps.
I expected better bitrate. Hopefully improve

Thanks so much for all your replys.
Normaly I will be use 30 fps.
I expected better bitrate. Hopefully improve

don't base your bitrate expectations on other products, if it was Ambarella it would need 25mbit to deliver the same sort of results Novatek can deliver at 15Mbit

Back