GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

The IMX206 sensor is more oriented towards still photo,then the IMX078.
http://www.sony.net/Products/SC-HP/new_pro/december_2013/imx206_e.html

http://www.sony.net/Products/SC-HP/cx_news_archives/img/pdf/vol_63/imx078cqk.pdf

The IMX078 has around 35% percent more low light senstivity and outputs true broadcast level 4k aka UHD and almosts outputs cinema 4k resolution.
But most if not all budget action cameras and dashcams chipset with either a novatek or ambarella chip cannot output those resolutions.
Even gopro 4 black edition cannot output cinema 4k.
But Dji osmos,zenmuse can output 4k cinema.

Which FPS will be max for 1440p and for 1600x1200 and do you expect higher in near future through firmware upgrade?
Do you think like with Xiaomi Yi that improved levels will become available in near future through settings in autoexec.ash startup file?
How do you expect camera can be started at same time in near future?
How long will it take for new orders to ship?
The max FPS for 1440P is 30fps.
The highest resolution for video is 2880x2160, which can be interpolated for 4K video while playback.
As use different platform, it does not support the script like XiaoYi.
I see most of people use the script to improve the bitrates on XiaoYi, except this, which used often in script?

The hardware designed to support remote shutter via I/O control by electric impulse.
But we are still working on firmware for this.
But there are some DIY solutions to power on multi cameras even for SJ4000 and XiaoYi via DIY.

The next batch will be available at the end of this month.
We only produced limited batch for first batch to ensure everything is fine, avoid change the hardware often in future.

http://www.sony.net/Products/SC-HP/cx_news_archives/img/pdf/vol_63/imx078cqk.pdf

The IMX078 has around 35% percent more low light senstivity and outputs true broadcast level 4k aka UHD and almosts outputs cinema 4k resolution.
But most if not all budget action cameras and dashcams chipset with either a novatek or ambarella chip cannot output those resolutions.
Yes, definitely IMX206 can do better on photos.
Except the sensor, the lens is also important.
Regarding 4K, I don't think there is big difference between the IMX078 and IMX206 version, both not real 4K as the chipset does not support.
I will share some comparison with SJ5000X later which use the IMX078 sensor.

Some photos taken today.
For Git2, 16MP photo is 4:3, 12MP photo is 16:9.
The date stamp font color in white is Git2, in red is SJ5000X Elite.

2015_1115_100403_004.JPG

2015_1115_100419_005.JPG

2015_1115_100417_005.JPG

2015_1115_100542_009.JPG

2015_1115_100540_009.JPG

2015_1115_180035_002.JPG

2015_1115_180033_002.JPG

I will share some video tomorrow.

I am not sure how much better IMX206 on Git2 than IMX078 on SJ5000X or FireFly 6s. There will be more comparison video coming out soon.
But the IMX206 is more expensive than IMX078, and the IMX117 12MP sensor which Hero4 used is more expensive than IMX206.
We want to make something different, as most of cameras now used the IMX078.
I think there are some other models will use the IMX206 soon, after our released git2, it will be much easier for others to use this sensor as we did contributions to Novatek.
I don't think someone will use the IMX117 for budget action cams.

Hope it's as good as it looks -pre-ordered one from gearbest to replace the crappy xiaomi yi I had! Hopefully it arrives in time for Christmas - its a present to me from me!

How much more expensive is IMX117?

I know its the entire package that counts (sensor,lens,image chipset and software).
We have seen some cameras do a poorer job despite having the same sensor.

As far as cameras with IMX206 well they outnumber cameras with IMX078.
IMX206 ( xiaomi yi,HTC RE,Blackview hero 1,Foxeer legend,Git 2 and soon Runcam Hd2)

IMX078 ( sj5000 elite,firefly 6s,and some new unknown brands).

Last edited:
How much more expensive is IMX117?

I know its the entire package that counts (sensor,lens,image chipset and software).
We have seen some cameras do a poorer job despite having the same sensor.

As far as cameras with IMX206 well they outnumber cameras with IMX078.
IMX206 ( xiaomi yi,HTC RE,Blackview hero 1,Foxeer legend,Git 2 and soon Runcam Hd2)

IMX078 ( sj5000 elite,firefly 6s,and some new unknown brands).
It seems the IMX117 cost is double.
Also is not easy to get this sensor at a good price, as mainly sold for GoPro by Sony.
Even use this sensor, it is hard to see the big difference, as we compare the Hero4 black everyday for testing.

Regarding the quality, even use the same sensor, chipset, the lens and firmware will make big difference.

was the Gitup using internal mic?

was the SJ5000 inside a waterproof case?
Both use the internal MIC and without waterproof case.

I think the light sensitivity is a per pixel value (full-well capacity). As both sensors have approximately the same size, the pixels of the IMX206 have to be smaller and can thus collect less light in the same time. However, total sensor size is about the same, so also the total light sensitivity of both sensors should be the same. This explains why the ratio of the native resolutions (16.35MP/12.4MP = 1.31) equals the reciprocal of the ratio of the light sensitivities (1437digits/1096digits = 1.31). Thus, when resizing full frame images to the same size (as for example in FullHD video) the noise in the images should be comparable and IMX206 additionaly has the advantage of higher resolution.

I think the light sensitivity is a per pixel value (full-well capacity). As both sensors have approximately the same size, the pixels of the IMX206 have to be smaller and can thus collect less light in the same time. However, total sensor size is about the same, so also the total light sensitivity of both sensors should be the same. This explains why the ratio of the native resolutions (16.35MP/12.4MP = 1.31) equals the reciprocal of the ratio of the light sensitivities (1437digits/1096digits = 1.31). Thus, when resizing full frame images to the same size (as for example in FullHD video) the noise in the images should be comparable and IMX206 additionaly has the advantage of higher resolution.
Nope,the sensor with lower pixel count with all other things being equal will always have lower noise.
A perfect example is the Sony A7 vs A7s.Check the DXO mark sensor rating for low light.Both have the same size sensor one is 24mp(A7) and the other the A7s which also has a 12mp sensor ,seems the norm these says for getting 4k.
There is no consumer camera that can beat the A7s for low light performance.

Nope,the sensor with lower pixel count with all other things being equal will always have lower noise.
A perfect example is the Sony A7 vs A7s.Check the DXO mark sensor rating for low light.Both have the same size sensor one is 24mp(A7) and the other the A7s which also has a 12mp sensor ,seems the norm these says for getting 4k.
There is no consumer camera that can beat the A7s for low light performance.

As long as you use native resolution, the noise in IMX206 will be higher. When you do pixel binning in hardware or resize the image to 12MP in software, noise should be the same as IMX078.

As long as you use native resolution, the noise in IMX206 will be higher. When you do pixel binning in hardware or resize the image to 12MP in software, noise should be the same as IMX078.
Like i said ,take a look at the Sony A7smk2 vs sony A7rMk2 or A7mk2.
Skip to 5min
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wl06iWOUAw

As you can see the lower megapixel sensor easily outperforms the higher resolution sensor.Despite the A7R having a BSI sensor vs a conventional sensor tech for the A7s.

Like i said ,take a look at the Sony A7smk2 vs sony A7rMk2 or A7mk2.
Skip to 5min
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wl06iWOUAw

As you can see the lower megapixel sensor easily outperforms the higher resolution sensor.Despite the A7R having a BSI sensor vs a conventional sensor tech for the A7s.

Of course a back side illuminated sensor has higher light sensitivity than a front side illuminated one. But IMX206 and IMX078 are both back side illuninated.

Of course a back side illuminated sensor has higher light sensitivity than a front side illuminated one. But IMX206 and IMX078 are both back side illuninated.
Precisely my point,the very fact that the A7s despite having a front side illuminated sensor outperforms the A7RII which has a back side illuminated sensor.This is clearly due to the fact that A7s has a lower megapixel sensor and since each pixels are bigger they gather more light.

However, comparing the Git2 and SJ5000X Elite images, I see the Git2 with the IMX206 has the lower noise...

I tried using Microsoft Hyperlapse on the Git2 video, but the quality from Hyperlapse was very poor.

So I did the job myself using the Git2 gyro and ffmpeg, that way I get to keep the soundtrack which MH throws away :)

There is a bit of motion blur on some of the frames due to a combination of rough road surface and poor lighting, but overall I think it has done quite well.

Since YouTube can't cope with the high speed action, I strongly recommend downloading my original 52Mbps video:
https://mega.nz/#!wkwVzYgI!4Xf9xqm90T4xW3cXvkzxYK58NiZHZiexjHAOwEbTaHA

Note that the camera is mounted on the bike handlebars, if you can see the handlebars moving it is because the gyro is busy moving the image about to stabilise it, they move quite a lot!

Back