GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Hi @gitup
I have a problem with the Gitup Git2 Pro, yesterday the camera works well, but today when I turn on, only the LED back was on and the screen logo Gitup makes beeps but nothing is frozen as well. If you push the button does nothing.
I tried removing the battery and nothing, with or without MicroSD.
The camera carries no stroke or marks or anything, this new nothing has happened or shock since yesterday to today.
I have it since February and bought in Banggood but only I use one week when I went vacation (it works very well). It carries the latest firmware 1.4 and the last bootloader. MicroSD is a 64GB Samsung Evo + purchased on Amazon.
I try to reinstall the firmware 1.4 and bootloader, downgrade to 1.2 and more things but nothing works.

A greeting.

Is there a full reset? I just ran my Git2 through 5 days of travel and it's still running strong. Using a USB battery pack while recording and charging. It ran through the ringer and still running strong.

Hi @gitup
I have a problem with the Gitup Git2 Pro, yesterday the camera works well, but today when I turn on, only the LED back was on and the screen logo Gitup makes beeps but nothing is frozen as well. If you push the button does nothing.
I tried removing the battery and nothing, with or without MicroSD.
The camera carries no stroke or marks or anything, this new nothing has happened or shock since yesterday to today.
I have it since February and bought in Banggood but only I use one week when I went vacation (it works very well). It carries the latest firmware 1.4 and the last bootloader. MicroSD is a 64GB Samsung Evo + purchased on Amazon.
I try to reinstall the firmware 1.4 and bootloader, downgrade to 1.2 and more things but nothing works.

A greeting.
I guess the sensor board connection is loosen, do you mind open the camera to have a check?
If you don't know how to do that or have further problem, please PM me.

Reactions: R91
It seems to me that the EXIF data for photos is not entirely correct. For instance, aperture is showing as F1.8 in what looks to be all the photos I've taken with my git2. I thought the git2 had a maximum of F2.8, like basically all other action cameras?

I guess the sensor board connection is loosen, do you mind open the camera to have a check?
If you don't know how to do that or have further problem, please PM me.

Thank you for the support @gitup but it doesn't works.
I complete disassemble the camara.
The sensor board connection is ok.
I've checked all connections, clean the pins and reconnected it but I have the same error.
At first glance everything is correct.
All component and track are good, nothing desoldering, burned or damaged.

Sorry for my bad English. A greeting.

Hi guys,i have error using sd card, when i start it says error and call me format
I'm using 64gb sd card..and i format it to exfat (default ) and 32 kilobytes, and i use the gitup camera to format it, and it works now, but 32kilobytes should be okay?or do i have to format to 64kilobytes is better?

Last edited:
I'm happy with my git2 camera.
Since I got it a few weeks ago, I have filmed and tested it in various situations and begin to learn how to use it for best results.

Today I did a short timelapse sequence.

But was not satisfied with the position of the camera and wanted to move it.
Turned the camera off. But the phone rang. After talking a few minutes, I went back to start it again.

Then the screen flashed for a millisecond and then became black, without any responce from any button.

Thought it was the battery. Switched to a freshly charged. Same thing, the screen blinked only.
Tried a power (usb) cable, but the unit was still unwilling to respond.

Become little worried.
Decided to remove the battery and without battery inside I held the power button down about 20 seconds.
Pressed the power button several times and waited a while.
Then put in a new battery - and the camera started normal!

Now it seems to function completely normal againg. Good!

I have no idea about why this happened, and are curious if anyone have similar experience or has any theory about what may have caused this?

Hi guys,i have error using sd card, when i start it says error and call me format
I'm using 64gb sd card..and i format it to exfat (default ) and 32 kilobytes, and i use the gitup camera to format it, and it works now, but 32kilobytes should be okay?or do i have to format to 64kilobytes is better?
the camera needs fat32, not exfat. you can format it in the camera and it will be set to the correct filesystem and cluster size automatically.

so basically if you formatted it in the camera, you will be fine. cluster size really doesn't matter for recording videos. it only matters when you're storing millions of tiny files - you can only store one file per cluster, and if the files are always smaller than your cluster size, you're wasting disk space. but since videos are pretty much NEVER less than 32KB, there's no harm in using that cluster size. in addition, cluster size used to make a speed difference when accessing those millions of tiny files, but that only applies to spinning hard drives. with solid state media, it makes zero difference in speed.

Thank you for the support @gitup but it doesn't works.
I complete disassemble the camara.
The sensor board connection is ok.
I've checked all connections, clean the pins and reconnected it but I have the same error.
At first glance everything is correct.
All component and track are good, nothing desoldering, burned or damaged.

Sorry for my bad English. A greeting.
I have replied your PM.

It seems to me that the EXIF data for photos is not entirely correct. For instance, aperture is showing as F1.8 in what looks to be all the photos I've taken with my git2. I thought the git2 had a maximum of F2.8, like basically all other action cameras?
We noticed that, will fix some wrong EXIT data in V1.5.

Hello,

I'm shooting in 1080/60, but battery life lasts less than an hour, I have even turned gyro off and nothing helps. ANY way to improve battery life at this resolution and fps?

I'm very satisfied with the battery life.
Last weekend I've using Git2 (1440, 30 and 1080, 60) and my old SJ4000 (1080, 30) with the same batteries, exchanging both, and the autonomy of Git2 has always been more than double of SJ4000.
In fact Git2 with screen always on has been more battery life than SJ4000 with screen off.

Hello,

I'm shooting in 1080/60, but battery life lasts less than an hour, I have even turned gyro off and nothing helps. ANY way to improve battery life at this resolution and fps?
You should get 90 minutes for 1080P60, 120 minutes for 1080P30.

The gyro does not make a big difference to battery life.
The screen does not make a big difference to battery life.

The wifi can make a big difference.
Using wifi in cold weather will give the batteries a hard time.

Photo mode gives the batteries an easy time, in cold weather you can often take a lot of photos after the batteries give up on the video.

Using the auto power off with a short time setting can save a lot of power if you have it in standby a lot. The screen saver does not make much difference.

The cheap battery chargers do not all fully charge the batteries, some turn off a bit early which will reduce record times, some turn off a bit late.

Hello,

Also lithium batteries need a few cycles to reach full capacity.

Hi. Please can you check that files are overlapping properly on 1.4? i.e. the last second of the first file is repeated at the start of the second? All of the recordings I've made on 1.4 (haven't tried on 1.3) have about 3 seconds gap between clips.
TOday I also noticed that on the way back from Manchester, the camera stopped recording after filling one 4gb file (it worked fine going down to Manchester and recording three separate files as normal). This was whilst plugged into a USB power bank so effectively on a continuous charge.
This is on a (proper) samsung evo plus 64gb. THanks :)

To be honest, is there no way of getting around having to have split files? This would probably solve both of those problems :)

Settings:- Gyro On, WDR Off, 1080p (tried 30 and 60) High bitrate. All other settings normal

To be honest, is there no way of getting around having to have split files? This would probably solve both of those problems :)

This is not so much a limitation of the camera, but the fat32 filesystem it uses. Fat32 can't handle individual files larger than 4gb. And they use fat32 to make sure that pretty much any device can read the files, no matter what OS it runs - windows, Mac, Linux, Android, UNIX, whatever. Fat32 is the most capable file system that can be read by just about anything. If you start using journaling file systems which CAN handle huge files, it takes longer to close a file before opening a new one, which can result in lost footage, or possibly even corrupt files where the whole file is lost, if the file doesn't get closed properly before the battery dies completely. For this kind of equipment, an older fs like fat32 is actually the best choice.

This is not so much a limitation of the camera, but the fat32 filesystem it uses. Fat32 can't handle individual files larger than 4gb. And they use fat32 to make sure that pretty much any device can read the files, no matter what OS it runs - windows, Mac, Linux, Android, UNIX, whatever. Fat32 is the most capable file system that can be read by just about anything. If you start using journaling file systems which CAN handle huge files, it takes longer to close a file before opening a new one, which can result in lost footage, or possibly even corrupt files where the whole file is lost, if the file doesn't get closed properly before the battery dies completely. For this kind of equipment, an older fs like fat32 is actually the best choice.

Thanks I remember now about the 4gb limit but didn't realise about overlaps. Maybe it's some weird bugs in 1.4 causing the missing 3 seconds. It isn't THAT bad, but I did miss some funny comment from a local :D

Hi guys,

I have one git2 too, but mine has a problem with microphone, regardless of the microphone settings chosen (low, medium or high sensibility), the recorded sound is quite low, only if I talk to about 15 or less centimetres from the micro, is that gets audible sound...
gitup can help with this? there anything I can do to try to solve?
do not intend to return the camera because of it, I'll need it soon, but if there was a solution, I'm grateful
With external mic (Boya BY-LM20 or Rode Videomicro) the recorded sound was fine, only happen with internal mic.

For who want a hand grip, I made one for mine (easy DIY), with extra battery and light for night filming:

sounds like it might be a hardware problem with the internal mic, fortunate that an external mic is an option in this case I guess as you still have a workable product

Back