gitup git3 or 4 request!

Interesting indeed, and with that smaller chipsize, less power, less heat, it is just perfect for actioncams.

"Ambarella H2 delivers 4K Ultra HD at 60 frames per second with under 2 Watts of power consumption "

2 Watts of power consumption just for the processor?

My Git2 records "HD at 60 frames per second" using just 1.75 Watts of power for the entire camera including sensor and LCD screen!

OK, the H2 is doing Ultra HD instead of Full HD, but I think it will need a bigger battery than a Git2 if it is going to be useable!

For helmets I expect more an idea like shark antennas, more like this:
View attachment 21714
but with not so evident shapes and smaller lens. Camera to be mounted on a sliding mount.

enjoy,
Mtz
I think that is only for BMW motorbikes?

Reactions: Mtz
Maybe GitUp will obtain some agreement with BMW. :D

GitUp BMW edition.jpg

enjoy,
Mtz

Haha, yeah or course they are going to force you to buy a BMW dash cam, not using a third party one.

Nigel, naaa, I do not think it will be that bad, perhaps it would short the battery life by 20-15min
or something, but not that big deal, it is 2w UltraHD 4k, and the chip is a lot smaller than say
the old gopro that was at 32nm and they get hot.

Even if they have to step up in size, like 30 percent larger battery, and the camera it self it will
be worth it, defiantly the higher resolution. Do not forget that chip should be way faster then
the current one in the gitup2.

More expensive, probably but I wonder how much more ?

Last edited:
Maybe in future we will release smallest version, but don't have much interesting to build it with current hardware, waiting for better hardware.
It is not good to release too many similar products.
I haven't a problem with the physical size of the unit but where the lens has been placed

For me 4k are just 2 characters, for the price of the camera having good quality 1080 and 2k is better than have crappy 4k.
One thing that would be nice to have Is ext2, (3 or 4 no journaling) so people could record over the 4gb FAT limit!
Of course it needs more horsepower and drains more battery.
#edit
F2FS would be even better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe in future we will release smallest version, but don't have much interesting to build it with current hardware, waiting for better hardware.
It is not good to release too many similar products.

I use the Git2P mounted at chin level on my helmet. Wherever I look, I record. It also provided better shock absorbtion than mounted on the bike - too much vibration.
Top of the helmet mounting is ok for motocross or bicycling because speeds are slower. At highway speeds, top mount has too much wind resistance.
The 170 version works better for motorcycling, I've used both.
I am compiling a greatest almost died video just from close calls this year with crazy car driver's.
The Gitup is perfect for my needs. No changes needed.
If too many changes are made to address a few useers, the main market will be lost.

crazy car driver's.

O yeah we got those :rolleyes:

So much so i would be apprehensive about getting on a motorcycle or for that matter a bicycle.

Maybe the new F1 can get a aerodynamic helmet mount for mounting on the top of it, it should have substantially less drag than a regular shaped action camera.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Git3 1
Z Git3 2
BCHobbyist Git3 23
I Git3 8
A Git3 13
Back