Give your Mobius some shades.... (anti glare filter)

yeah that filter just works in our favour with this hardware, the same glass used on other models isn't as forgiving but still workable, a lot of filters (most I guess) are not usable in low light at all

What about some sort of polarized film (anti-glare?) that's very light (ideally, clear) in tint? Where would one get that?

Any way to just get that and stick it on the lens itself?

What about some sort of polarized film (anti-glare?) that's very light (ideally, clear) in tint? Where would one get that?

You can buy sheets of linear polarizing film that can be cut to size but there is no such thing as a clear polarizer. Any polarizing film necessarily excludes as much as half the light reaching it depending upon its transmission specs.

https://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i:aps,k:polarizing film

polarizing-film.jpg

Last edited:

no es Bueno.... besides never heard of it, sounds like something that should be done in factories anyways. I don't think you'll ever get it on the right way..... sounds difficult.

But if you succeed let us know!!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.png image.png

Decided to make my own filter. As the glare off my windscreen is quite severe.

I've used the end nut of a 15mm Polyplumb push fit coupler.
Cut it almost in half with a Dremel.
Sanded the smaller hole for a tight push fit onto the Mobius C2 lens.
Sprayed it black.
Cut a circle out of an old polarised sunglasses lens.
Then screwed it in.

I can see some slight tunnelling at the outer edges, but I'm not touching it again for a while. The spray paint might just melt off. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
View attachment 24669 View attachment 24670 View attachment 24671 View attachment 24672

Decided to make my own filter. As the glare off my windscreen is quite severe.

I've used the end nut of a 15mm Polyplumb push fit coupler.
Cut it almost in half with a Dremel.
Sanded the smaller hole for a tight push fit onto the Mobius C lens.
Sprayed it black.
Cut a circle out of an old polarised sunglasses lens.
Then screwed it in.

I can see some slight tunnelling at the outer edges, but I'm not touching it again for a while. The spray paint might just melt off. Fingers crossed.

Nice job! One of the best DIY Mobius polarizer mods I've seen.

I don't think the slight vignetting is a problem.

Back