Good night security

Still looking around.
Did you decide on something? did you considering to save up some more $$$ for BlackSys CH-200 2 Channel?

I'm thinking about the similar setup 2 x BlackSys CH-200 2 Channel with exception that I'm thinking if it's worth to save up for 2x F800 2CH ...

Did you decide on something? did you considering to save up some more $$$ for BlackSys CH-200 2 Channel?

I'm thinking about the similar setup 2 x BlackSys CH-200 2 Channel with exception that I'm thinking if it's worth to save up for 2x F800 2CH ...
Yeah upped the budget again. Now considering the blackvue dr750s, f800 pro, or the dod rc500s. I liked the video quality on the 500s based on comparison video of the 3 but from reading it seems to have a bunch of software issues. Hoping to make my final decision and place my order by next week.

Yeah upped the budget again. Now considering the blackvue dr750s, f800 pro, or the dod rc500s. I liked the video quality on the 500s based on comparison video of the 3 but from reading it seems to have a bunch of software issues. Hoping to make my final decision and place my order by next week.
I wasn't familiar with rc500s, but based on this video it's a dam good camera, it captures video while in motion very good and at night acts the best out of all the three. How is overall parking mode comparing to other two?

...looking for a solution to my vehicle being vandalized and hit at work. Want something that will catch the sides of my vehicle at night...

Sorry to discourage you, but I don't think dashcams are an effective solution to your particular problem.

My main dashcam records in pre-buffered motion detect mode when the car is parked at my girlfriend's house. Powered via Anker Power Bank.

Clips recorded at night are often of little or no value, as the windscreen is regularly misted-up, iced-up or covered in raindrops or (rarely) snow. Same goes for the other windows. The lack of street lighting is also a problem. In short, the likelihood of a vandal being identifiable from a night time recording is not good.

89F2DE15-5F51-43C1-BA43-4EAB3BBF4866.jpg

The real life results russ331 mention are just what i have always expected in regard to parking guard, and why i have not yet bothered with.
Paired with the fact that parked at home in the yard behind the apartment block i have my own IP camera on the car.
And until recently the back yard have been pitch black at night so a camera in the car would have zero value there.

Also i do little parking out on the town, and when i visit my friend my car are covered by his CCTV gear.

And factoring in the weather challenges here in Denmark which are pretty far north, like US/Canada border north or more, so the windscreen will often be obscured by something to some degree.

And as you can see in the video above i drive a little car, though expensive due to high Danish taxes on such things, but really i have no attachment to the car its just a means of transport to me, so when it have gotten some dents in the side i care little.
But the outright vandalism i experienced with the SUV i had before this little car, and this one too, those people i want to catch and punish,,,,,,, hard,,,,,,really hard.

The other way around if you live in a place where summers are nice and toasty, well then you cant expect a dashcam to function in the daytime as the camera just sitting there in the car doing nothing will be quite near to the upper thermal limit and if the camera have to be on too you will get above that limit.

The best of summer days here in Denmark are 30 degrees C, but the last one of those was in 2015 and in a good year we at best get 4 or 5 of those during the summer months,
Summer 2017 we barely got over 20 degrees C and it was utter misery for a sun / heat lover like myself.
And the summer 2016 was pretty lackluster too, almost English.

Last edited:
Sorry to discourage you, but I don't think dashcams are an effective solution to your particular problem.

My main dashcam records in pre-buffered motion detect mode when the car is parked at my girlfriend's house. Powered via Anker Power Bank.

Clips recorded at night are often of little or no value, as the windscreen is regularly misted-up, iced-up or covered in raindrops or (rarely) snow. Same goes for the other windows. The lack of street lighting is also a problem. In short, the likelihood of a vandal being identifiable from a night time recording is not good.

View attachment 36693
I've thought of that as well, but need to try something. Incidence are most likely happening within half an hr of me parking. So hopefully windows will still be clear enough. Vandal is most likely a coworker with a grudge so the shot would not need to be perfect. Parking lot has some light. It's darker but even looking through my rear view mirror through tinted back window I can make out plate of cars park one Isle over.

I wasn't familiar with rc500s, but based on this video it's a dam good camera, it captures video while in motion very good and at night acts the best out of all the three. How is overall parking mode comparing to other two?
That's the video I saw. Not sure on parking mode as I would want it to run continuously when parked

Thats the problem with parking guard, you have 2 means of triggering a event as opposed to record all the time either 30 FPS video or time lapse.

1. Motion detect, this is problematic as there are a lot of motion most places, and the camera makers have not really mastered the sensitivity of that, so either the camera are too sensitive no matter what setting and you end up pretty much recording all the time anyway, or not sensitive enough ( rare ) and you can walk past the camera and it will not see the motion.
2. G-sensor triggered, this is what i would use, but you still have the sensitivity ( or lack of it ) issue, so you might end up with nearby passing larger vehicles triggering the camera, or too low so the guy beside you dinging your door will not trigger.

We are some people that have thrown around a lot of balls in this regard, and some makers appear to listen and want to do it right, but as i see it right here right now all dashcams are problematic just from the technical aspect of things and not even factoring in the outside parameters like weather.

I have seen parking guard footage where you think WTF triggered this, and then full screen the youtube video you see the 3-4 pixel large car on a fence way out in front of the car, and that's what triggered the event.
And needless to say that's not useful at all.

Thats the problem with parking guard, you have 2 means of triggering a event as opposed to record all the time either 30 FPS video or time lapse.
Looks like rc500s doesn't even have time lapse, but according to this thread https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/list-of-problems-issues-with-the-rc500s.28210/page-5 they are working on it currently. Also seems like the cam has unresolved wifi issues.
I'm starting thinking that current dash cams are about not to buy the best one but buy the one with the least trade offs :)

Congrats maxim you have already found the holy grail of dashcams, that be the one with the least trade offs.

There are a constant influx of people wanting things that's not there yet, or have too high hopes for things that appear to be there now.
I myself have dropped a lot of what i thought was good ideas for future dashcams, some have been shot down in the first subsequent post on the forum, but a few have also been noted by progressive manufactures i am sure.

I can also follow the people that have their new car dinged all the time, even with my very casual relationship to my car also suffer to some degree.
But as it is now guarding your parked car are somewhat of a roll of the dice, i do like the concept of the idea but i have not yet found it worthwhile to pursue.
So what i would do is just put a power bank on one of my cameras and then record all the time, but so far i have not felt like that was needed with the places i visit.

It is a little the same with the number of dashcams in a car, sure i have 4 or more at any given time in my car, not that i think its needed but i am a tester, and i like to expose idiots in traffic on youtube, and if thats the case you cant really have too many cameras.
But for day to day coverage and documentation of what go on Vs the silly BS some one will say to try and get off doing something illegal, well then i think the one camera in the windscreen will work fine in most cases, and if you are really paranoid then add a rear camera too.
But the side cameras like i also have, well those are really overkill and it is pretty rare i resort to those in my youtube uploads as most of the really idiotic stuff go on in front of my car or behind it.
So the footage of my side cameras are really just icing on the cake som times, and also as it are single cameras i use each with its own memory card then mixing them up in post production are a bit of a mess due to time stamps never really being in sync.

BUT ! as many of us in here sink deeper and deeper into the abyssal of dashcams and idiot drivers we go to extremes, so some of us now also have a camera on the windscreen with a "zoom" lens, giving us a better view of what go on way ut ahead whish regular dashcams struggle with due to the wide angle lenses in use.

Zoom VS regular.

Side camera captures on a good day. ( all driving 80 km/h highway speed at least )

Last edited:
Looks like rc500s doesn't even have time lapse, but according to this thread https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/list-of-problems-issues-with-the-rc500s.28210/page-5 they are working on it currently. Also seems like the cam has unresolved wifi issues.
they did just release an update recently with some extra parking options, you might want to have a look at that, I don't know that they have wifi issues as such but their app was a bit buggy at launch, pretty sure that has been updated also

I'm starting thinking that current dash cams are about not to buy the best one but buy the one with the least trade offs

there is no camera that is perfect for everyone, there will always be some sort of compromises, best to just see what is the closest fit for your needs

there is no camera that is perfect for everyone, there will always be some sort of compromises, best to just see what is the closest fit for your needs
Sure agree with that. I guess it's important to make sure that there is no hardware limitations especially compared to competitors, as the software/firmware might be fixed or updated/equipped with new features.

Congrats maxim you have already found the holy grail of dashcams, that be the one with the least trade offs.

There are a constant influx of people wanting things that's not there yet, or have too high hopes for things that appear to be there now.
I myself have dropped a lot of what i thought was good ideas for future dashcams, some have been shot down in the first subsequent post on the forum, but a few have also been noted by progressive manufactures i am sure.

I can also follow the people that have their new car dinged all the time, even with my very casual relationship to my car also suffer to some degree.
But as it is now guarding your parked car are somewhat of a roll of the dice, i do like the concept of the idea but i have not yet found it worthwhile to pursue.
So what i would do is just put a power bank on one of my cameras and then record all the time, but so far i have not felt like that was needed with the places i visit.

It is a little the same with the number of dashcams in a car, sure i have 4 or more at any given time in my car, not that i think its needed but i am a tester, and i like to expose idiots in traffic on youtube, and if thats the case you cant really have too many cameras.
But for day to day coverage and documentation of what go on Vs the silly BS some one will say to try and get off doing something illegal, well then i think the one camera in the windscreen will work fine in most cases, and if you are really paranoid then add a rear camera too.
But the side cameras like i also have, well those are really overkill and it is pretty rare i resort to those in my youtube uploads as most of the really idiotic stuff go on in front of my car or behind it.
So the footage of my side cameras are really just icing on the cake som times, and also as it are single cameras i use each with its own memory card then mixing them up in post production are a bit of a mess due to time stamps never really being in sync.

BUT ! as many of us in here sink deeper and deeper into the abyssal of dashcams and idiot drivers we go to extremes, so some of us now also have a camera on the windscreen with a "zoom" lens, giving us a better view of what go on way ut ahead whish regular dashcams struggle with due to the wide angle lenses in use.

Zoom VS regular.

Side camera captures on a good day. ( all driving 80 km/h highway speed at least )
Where did you mount your side cams. I think I will have to mount mine off the rear door weather seal gasket to get best coverage. Rear most side window is too small and won't get front half of vehicle.

The right one ( the discontinued innovv C3 ) are mounted off the back of the B pillar, the Left one ( mobius ) are mounted off the top of the window / headliner, metal folded over headliner held in place by door rubber, neo magnets on camera.

The left one do look BS with all that black duct tape to hold on magnets and space out thingie to get optimal angle, but it work just fine, the Right C3 camera i am surprised it stay on after so many years now.

Both have gotten dinged on the rare occasions i have people on the back seat, but in general its just drunk people that ding them.

Quite a few in here experiment with camera placement @Harsh out in India also try things in his car with more central camera placement placed far from the openings but then capturing them all with one camera.
And @Dashmellow also have 360 coverage on his pickup truck with placement more in line with what i have done.

This video demo the coverage i have, Right side are a bit blind spotted as the lens on the C3 are just 90 degrees, and really you will want wide angle lenses on side cameras.

Also some of the cameras was not focused good back then, but you get the big picture

The left one do look BS with all that black duct tape to hold on magnets and space out thingie to get optimal angle, but it work just fine, the Right C3 camera i am surprised it stay on after so many years now.

Both have gotten dinged on the rare occasions i have people on the back seat, but in general its just drunk people that ding them.

Quite a few in here experiment with camera placement @Harsh out in India also try things in his car with more central camera placement placed far from the openings but then capturing them all with one camera.
And @Dashmellow also have 360 coverage on his pickup truck with placement more in line with what i have done.
That's similar to what I was thinking with metal folded and tucked under the rubber. Was thinking of extending the bottom part not tucked to get closer to the glass and use the standard 3m adhesive to mount cam to metal.thought I might have to glue the metal that gets tucked under rubber to make sure it stays but will experiment and see what works best.

I have used magnets on my rear camera too, i have preferred this as it can be a pain messing with the little spring loaded memory cards in the car, so much more easy to take the whole camera out and handle it in the comfort of my living room.
I think if you fold the metal over good so it will fit tight over the headliner you will be good, i had no problem with that left camera sliding around or having jello effect due to vibrations, and in the summer time i often drive with that window down, and the 2 neodymium magnets hold it just fine ( 2 round magnets 10 mm diameter 5 mm thick )

Back