Google Maps fix for RegistratorViewer (Windows)

Your welcome :) Too soon for this brilliant piece of software to go.

Too soon for this brilliant piece of software to go.

I agree, would love to see it continue as long as possible, would be even better if further development was possible, new models coming are missing out on a very versatile program due to updated hardware

:) Interesting glitch. The copy I D/L yesterday worked as soon as I hit the F3 key as mentioned above. And now continues to work. Looking at the properties I see it was last updated on March 14 @ 11:41. So, this morning (now on my laptop) I downloaded the file again from the link several posts back.. installed it. All is good.. this copy was last updated 3 days later on March 17 @ 11:47. I have now also updated my main computer to the later version.
So.. somehow.. I got the previous copy which did not include the fix for the Leaflet code on my first attempt to upgrade. All is good now.. Thanks :)

For what it is worth though.. once on the page from the link to D/L there is no option to view the "whats new page".. perhaps, one needs an account to see that.

For what it is worth though.. once on the page from the link to D/L there is no option to view the "whats new page".. perhaps, one needs an account to see that.
the what's new page is part of the program itself so would require a separate text file to do that

I have a program on my desktop as RegistratorViewer.exe.
I applied the Google maps fix but with the text changed as follows.
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION]
"RegistratorViewer.exe"=dword:00002af9

It works fine, thanks.

Reactions: Mtz
flip9 you are genius mate.
I was having a Session Restore issue with my Firefox browser so I backed up my bookmarks etc. and uninstalled it, v53.0.3 64bit.
I installed v56.0 64bit and then ran into the .js script error with my RV, I Googled myself almost silly, but never found an answer.
I come to the Forum and search for and find your RV v6.0.0.22 (I was using v6.0.0.8) along with the registry fix.

You Sir, saved my sanity. :D

Edit:
Bugger! I just went back to RV and now I am getting a different error. \
When I first opened a file in RV it was showing NYC on the map, so I came back here looking for how to change it to Australia on the map.
I went back RV and was fronted with this:

https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=AIzaSyCoTv_WJk2TsXNy8Z4Ck2BEmUABEwwMmCs&sensor=false

Can anybody help me with this error please, I am ready to start pulling hair

Last edited:
Still can't get maps to work after applying the reg fix and using v6.0.0.22 on Win7 Ultimate.

No error message when playing a clip with Google Map.

Error message when changing from Google Maps to Leaflet (screen grab below)

Win7 Ultimate is my main desktop setup. I'm going to try later on a new Lenovo Yoga 910 running Win10.

Thanks for any ideas
error.jpg

Error message when changing from Google Maps to Leaflet (screen grab below)..
If I remember correctly once the patch is applied and running .22 only Google maps will work.

That’s the problem, I can’t get any maps to work. I’ll try on a new machine later and test.
At the moment, with reg fix & .22 running, I just get errors and no mapping.
Bah! Perfect app until Google changed its API I guess.
It looks like it’s working for everyone except me.

What’s your GPS viewer of choice?
I’m just getting into it..
Dashcam Viewer?
Haven’t really found anything like Registrator.
Has anyone got the reg fix to work?
I’ll try on my new Win10 laptop when I get home later

What’s your GPS viewer of choice?
I’m just getting into it..
Dashcam Viewer?
Haven’t really found anything like Registrator.
Has anyone got the reg fix to work?
I’ll try on my new Win10 laptop when I get home later
R.V. is for sure my preferred viewing program.

Dashcam Viewer has some good functionality but, unfortunately, requires a fairly high-end Windows 10 machine to achieve adequate performance (there are a number of threads around here where that's mentioned). I understand it runs well on iOS machines but being 'anti-Apple' I'll probably never experience that on a first hand basis.

My 'fixed' version of R.V. is working well on a Win-7 Pro machine. It may be the issue you're having with the patched version of R.V. is the older version is still installed. If I remember correctly I ran into that myself. Did you try completely uninstalling all versions of R.V. then installing .22 and applying the patch? You'll have to go back and reset all your options but that's just a few minutes of work.

Hey.... Flip9? THANK YOU sooooo much for fixing registrationviewer - absolutely brilliant! :):);)

Hi, I downloaded the registry fix a Registrator Viewer from the link above but when I run RV it just freezes as can be seen in my screen shotCapture.PNG
Absolutely nothing works I even have to close the programme using Task Manager. I am using Windows 10 64 bit and the latest update. Do any of you kind people have any idea what might be the problem as there does not appear to be any other Dashcam video with GPS viewing software available.

I'm not really sure why but clicking on the reg file didn't work for me (despite of the popup with the message reporting successful operation). I have added the registry key manually and the fix is working for me.

Oh what a shame... without the source code available it's pretty much the end of the road for Datakam Player.
I guess it's time to start using Dashcam Viewer unless anyone know better.

Back