Gopro recalling all karma quadcopters

Some of our favourite brands being blamed for GoPro's troubles: http://amigobulls.com/articles/will-gopro-stock-stay-suppressed-in-2017-as-well?p=n

A few other Chinese action camera makers such as Gitup, Xiaomi, SJCam use downmarket application processors from Novatek, but almost all of them have been procuring their image sensors from Sony. As a result, their image quality is now comparable to, if not better than GoPro Hero 5 cameras, at about one-quarter of its price.

If this wasn’t enough, the aforementioned Chinese manufacturers are actively developing their products and releasing them on an aggressive timeline. For instance, Xiaomi Yi2 4K, FireFly 7S, SJCAM SJ6 Legend are some of the prominent down-market devices that were released less than 6 months ago. I suspect Gitup Git3 could be released in the first half of 2017...

the wide angle GoPro lens is several years out of date for a drone camera
A non-distorted lens is much more expensive so if they will use such thing they will not make profit $500 for each camera sold.

Today drones are two types: DJI and the rest.

enjoy,
Mtz

In today's world you either keep up with the fast-changing technology or you get abandoned by all the people who want only the 'latest and greatest' things :rolleyes: GoPro, like Blackberry, was once the only real contender in their game and I fear a similar future awaits them :eek: Unlike Samsung they're not big enough to ride out a failure of this scale. They should have put their effort into their cameras and left the top-level drones to DJI who understands them a whole lot better (and who has enough sense to not invest heavily to enter the action-cam market where others can beat them ;) ) Bad karma indeed.

BTW, I'm hoping to be getting a decent drone by this summer. Because of my needs it will probably be a DJI which is why it will take that long to afford it :p

Phil

Latest and greatest crowd, sadly they are the majority in the world.
I had a talk on a TV forum with a guy telling about some unfortunate shortcomings of my old TV, so he said well time to get new TV then, and i said hell no i will get a new TV when the old one die, and if i cant afford it by then i will get no new TV.

And then i was told i am strange.

While i do like a new toy, i am not able to afford that any more.

Back