Gopro recalling all karma quadcopters

wonder why it cant do 4K60 using H265 but only with H264 ? maybe its a typo

In this video it look like a curtain shutter 1:07 into the footage.

wonder why it cant do 4K60 using H265 but only with H264 ? maybe its a typo
I think the H265 takes more processing power to squash the image data into half the space, the processor can't manage it at 60fps.

yeah that might be it.

Its no biggie really, just noticed it and thought WTH
Most will probably do H264 anyway.

In this video it look like a curtain shutter 1:07 into the footage.
Must be just for photographs?

Might explain why they needed to bring the weight back down with a titanium chassis instead of just magnesium like the old P4!

yeah that might be it.

Its no biggie really, just noticed it and thought WTH
Most will probably do H264 anyway.
H264 4K at 100Mbps is good enough, at least until we can have 10 bit colour... I can always convert it to H265 on my computer, although it will probably take over night to convert a single flight!

I wish i could Dl a little of that RAW footage in 4K60 just to see what my computer think of it.

X4S and X5S cameras look :eek:

But if you loose that sucker ( in any way ) you will cry like a little child for a long time.

https://www.dji.com/zenmuse-x5

Assuming the sensor in the phantom 4 pro is the IMX183
IMX183 - 20M - 1 - 2.4 - 22 - sub LVDS 10ch - RGB - DSC - Cam - Exmor R

X5S might be IMX 269

IMX269 - 20M - 4/3rds - 3.3 - 27 - sub LVDS 12ch - RGB - DSLR - Exmor

I assume that 633X lexar sd card will not cut it :D
Not much use for full resolution on the Inspire 2:
5.2K @ 4.2Gbps 12bit colour.

All of your micro SD is belong to us :D

you can just about fit in 2 minutees of recording on a 256 Gb SD card :eek:

Will Karma be back? Did gopro change supplier factories or something? Why no more news?

Will Karma be back? Did gopro change supplier factories or something? Why no more news?
They have recently said that they will re-launch later this year, presumably they will make some improvements and re-launch as the Karma II.

Knowing DJI, 1 week after GoPro re-launch the Karma, DJI will release a Mavic Pro with eyes in the back of it's head and a 1" sensor in the camera (already have them working in the Phantom 4 Pro) and the GoPro will look even worse than it did after the first launch!

Obstacle avoidance only has to work once to pay for itself and people who have flown $30 drones know that they need it - GoPro need to add it if they are going to sell significant numbers on a second launch. Anyone who has flown a DJI drone will also miss the visual positioning which stops it drifting around with the inaccuracies of GPS, GoPro need to add that too. Then there are the cameras, the Mavic has a huge advantage with it's relatively narrow lens, lets it get much closer to the action and make much more exciting videos while staying at a safe distance, the wide angle GoPro lens is several years out of date for a drone camera - GitUp have a range of narrower angle lenses for their action cameras for aircraft use and they don't even make aircraft.

GoPro have a lot of work to do in the 6 - 12 months they have bought themselves with the recall. Do they still have the money to do it? Their stock price has now stabilised, very close to a record low.

Reactions: Mtz
Gopro had better hurry-The Yi tech. Erida drone is about to overtake them!
75 mph. for 40 minutes?

Yeah.
I must admit i dont know why they made it so damn fast, most photographic / video graphic footage i have seen is all nice and slow flying.

Seem like shooting sparrows with a cannon.

Yeah.
I must admit i dont know why they made it so damn fast, most photographic / video graphic footage i have seen is all nice and slow flying.

Seem like shooting sparrows with a cannon.
Could be useful if the thing you want to photo is 10Km away and you can't be bothered to walk there?
Except that in most places you are supposed to keep your drone in sight so that you don't collide with helicopters etc.

Meanwhile DJI have added a "Tripod" mode to the Mavic and Phantom 4P so that you can move it around very slowly with mm accuracy.

Back