Got a 4 channel Dash Cam Rexing R4

Lou_Stuhl

Reaction score
Country
United States
Has 4 Channels. Front, back, left & right. As I drive I see 4 views on the screen on back of the dash cam. I drove home & put the SIM card in my computer. Only one view! Out the right window, no other views. I contact the maker & they said the videos are saved in separate folders on the card & I have to put the card in my computer to see all of them. Ok but that's exactly what I did. Is this dash cam broken? Does it need a special 4 channel SIM card socket to plug into my computer?

That sound weird.
I am currently running the Vantrue N5 camera, which is also 4 channel but here just 2 interior cameras filming back thru the cabin on the front camera and forward thru it from the camera on the rear window.

This system save the files in the same folder but each camera with a Suffix to the file name, so A-B-C-D are added to the file mane depending on what camera it is.
So in that system the root of the memory card look like this.

root N5.jpg

And the files in the Normal folder.

files N5.jpg

If the rexing saved files in separate folders named front / right / left / rear that would not be unusual.

You could try and unplug the 3 camera from the main unit so you just have the front camera, to that way force that camera alone, my N5 camera i can run as a 2 or 3 channel too if i like to, but that is with emphasis on the front + rear camera, it would be strange if you was able to just choose to run the 2 interior cameras, or in your case just the one side camera.

How about updates ? have you tried to update the systems firmware ??

I checked for firmware updates & didn't find any. Tomorrow I'll disconnect the rear camera & see what it does. When I plug the SIM card into my computer it just shows an icon on my Mac & different icons to click on to watch the video. I found their phone # so I'll call them tomorrow if I can't get it working.

It's working now. I plugged the SIM card into the computer again & this time I saw 4 different icons, each with a different letter under it. I clicked on each one & saw a view from each of the 4 cameras. Very happy with this camera now. I have another camera to put in my wife's car this week, another Rexing R4. The only thing I can say I don't like is the loop time. Longest is 3 minutes. If I get hit & I'm not able to turn off the dash camera for 3 minutes the video of the crash gets erased. Where I live about half the crashes are hit & run. Otherwise I'm thinking of getting a 3rd Rexing R4 for my motorcycle. I have an adaptor to run a USB-A port off my battery.

Multi channel dashcam systems, if the connection to a remote camera is a bit wonky or off, it can create havoc for performance, hence why when people come with problems with such systems we first ask to try and disconnect the remote cameras to see f the front camera work alone.

This problems could be broken cables or plugs broken or not secured properly, for sure you will not want any excess cable dangling.

I am amazed have not experienced this myself CUZ i have after all tested a few multi channel systems in the past years, and its not like i am super diligent putting them in the car.

It's working now. I plugged the SIM card into the computer again & this time I saw 4 different icons, each with a different letter under it. I clicked on each one & saw a view from each of the 4 cameras. Very happy with this camera now. I have another camera to put in my wife's car this week, another Rexing R4. The only thing I can say I don't like is the loop time. Longest is 3 minutes. If I get hit & I'm not able to turn off the dash camera for 3 minutes the video of the crash gets erased. Where I live about half the crashes are hit & run. Otherwise I'm thinking of getting a 3rd Rexing R4 for my motorcycle. I have an adaptor to run a USB-A port off my battery.
You can get more than 1 3 minute clip in your R4, it just depends on the size of the SD Card. But even with the 32GB, you can still get multiple clips for each channel. For something like the R4, since you will be recording multiple channels simultaneously, I would recommend getting a 128GB or 256GB SD card if you will be using the 3 minute clip sequence.

Back