Got pulled over again

Wow cops in Europe drives Mercedes? These cars probably cost the same as a Honda there if they are giving out Mercedes as patrol car.
Not in all of Europe, only in the rich countries. :rolleyes: Over here they drive VWs.

Amusingly, in light of getting pulled over for a baseball bat in the car I live in a jurisdiction when you are allowed to carry a loaded firearm virtually everywhere you go except state institutions or a court house. You can carry it concealed or openly and there are no licenses or permits required. The requirement is that you must abide by all laws Federal, State & Local. It's always been like that going back over 200 years as it is codified into the state constitution (with provisions). I can't recall ever hearing about anyone ever shooting anyone because they had a gun in their motor vehicle, except someone who shot a criminal who was threatening him. Maybe that's also the reason there are not too many baseball bat attacks around here either?
I once heard that in Texas it's allowed to carry a gun but it has to be loaded. If it's empty, the carrier will be arrested and can go to jail. I don't know if it's true or not. Perhaps @Gibson99 can shed some light on this. :)

Maybe they pulled you,because you were driving in that part of town,in that time of the night,and you simply look suspicious to them,even you didnt broke any rule or law.Maybe there's been some crime committed and you are similar to the description of person who did that.Probably it was just a routine control and breath test.Dont know what they might tell you about cameras in yours car if it not against the law in Denmark.They might feel uncomfortable knowing cams are recording them,but you were gir sure feeles the same when you were pulled over for no special reason.;):cool::D

I once heard that in Texas it's allowed to carry a gun but it has to be loaded. If it's empty, the carrier will be arrested and can go to jail. I don't know if it's true or not. :)

Nope. You must keep it concealed. Loaded or not. And you don't need a license or permit to carry in the car.

The basic rules here in Texas:
  • The handgun must NOT be in plain view; it must be concealed.
  • You are NOT engaged in criminal activity (excluding Class C traffic misdemeanors).
  • Federal law does NOT prohibit you from possessing a firearm. Like a convicted felon.
  • You are NOT a member of a criminal gang.

I once heard that in Texas it's allowed to carry a gun but it has to be loaded. If it's empty, the carrier will be arrested and can go to jail. I don't know if it's true or not. Perhaps @Gibson99 can shed some light on this. :)
I know you're partly joking, but in all seriousness, Texas actually has strict laws. Afaik, you need a permit to carry here, though once you have the permit, you don't have to carry concealed - you can carry openly.

It's perfectly legal to conceal-carry an unloaded weapon without a permit, and in fact when I go to meet someone from the internet for buying or selling something where I feel like I might need it, I carry my pistol in one pocket and the magazine in a different pocket. Thankfully I've never needed it but it's there if I do.

Apparently for most folks, the simple suggestion that you're carrying is enough deterrent, and if not, actually seeing a weapon (even if it's not pointed at them) will be enough. Depends on how determined they are of course...

Nothing happened, i blew a big fat zero on the breath tester ( Danish cops carry 2 of those now )
We talked a little, the cop then put the bat in my trunk ( where i also put it )
But since my car was painted after the rear ending the liner dont close properly so the bat can slide from the back and in under the seat to the cabin.

The cops almost missed my cameras, but in the end with the rear door open one of them spotted the old mobius and commented, i said that's nothing try and look in the other windows cuz i carry 6 of these at the moment with more on the way.
They was feaked a little, and may have been a bit bummed when i said "well someone have to do your job" :D and none of them seen the video of the guy i turned in a few years back, just sort of making me feel they havent done anything in this regard and just accepted the raw footage after i got media involved after a month of no response.

I dont know if it is just me ?
But i feel like if a citizen report a crime the police should inform that person about what the outcome was, if law abiding people dont get any response, they might start to feel ( like me ) why bother when nothing happen anyway.
And this will send any normal society on a social de route.

Feel like jumping in a rocket and go to another world and start my own sane society

Holy Moly, you carry 6 cams. Dam and I thought I was over doing it with 3, one in front, one in the rear, and one recording the back up camera screen which I always have on while driving.

Nope. You must keep it concealed. Loaded or not. And you don't need a license or permit to carry in the car.

I thought concealed carry was optional now that open carry was passed, and that's why they changed the name from CHL (Concealed Handgun License) to LTC (License to Carry). Either way I still haven't taken the class to get the license. I'm waiting till September when the price drops thanks to the new law.

Holy Moly, you carry 6 cams. Dam and I thought I was over doing it with 3, one in front, one in the rear, and one recording the back up camera screen which I always have on while driving.
He tests cameras for different companies, but I won't rule out a little bit of a tin foil hat attitude ;)

Years ago when I lived in Augusta GA USA there were lots of carjackings happening when people stopped at red lights. You were allowed to have a gun in the car as long as it was in plain view, but most people were unarmed (especially the carjacking victims). Soon you'd see everyone reaching over and putting their hand on the seat beside them when some scumbag-looking character crossed through the stopped cars as they watched him. The scumbags couldn't tell who really had a gun and who was bluffing so in short order carjackings at intersections almost totally ceased (y) Good thing they didn't try me because I wasn't bluffing. I'm a peaceful person but regardless of what the law says, if I feel a need to be armed then I will be armed ;)

Phil

I know you're partly joking, but in all seriousness, Texas actually has strict laws. Afaik, you need a permit to carry here, though once you have the permit, you don't have to carry concealed - you can carry openly.

It's perfectly legal to conceal-carry an unloaded weapon without a permit, and in fact when I go to meet someone from the internet for buying or selling something where I feel like I might need it, I carry my pistol in one pocket and the magazine in a different pocket. Thankfully I've never needed it but it's there if I do.

Apparently for most folks, the simple suggestion that you're carrying is enough deterrent, and if not, actually seeing a weapon (even if it's not pointed at them) will be enough. Depends on how determined they are of course...
In Canada (Toronto) with so much road rage going on thank God guns are totally prohibited

Yeah while i do like to expose people on youtube, and the more cameras the merrier in that case.

Then really it is my testing for some brands that make it this way, i fully recognize that in most cases a single front camera would be fine in case of a dispute.

ATM i have one right - one left and one rear camera, and then 3 cameras in the windscreen.
And i think that's just about the max i can do without asking for too much trouble while parked away from home, so i cant rule out that i will have to move some cameras to static testing in my south facing living room window.
But in that window cameras should face car environment most of the day

That being said my side cameras are getting old ( Mobius and Innovv C3 ) but they have been trusty companions for a long time.
And the old Mobius are about as good as it get with its firmware, and the innovv C3 was abandoned pretty fast i think by innovv due i think to the magenta flashes.

So i could test a dual remote camera as side cameras, it is highly unusual i have to admit, but then again the dual remote cameras are probably what some people will be looking for to do just that job.

well baseball bat - knife or a gun, those are all things i would reach for if i was facing the same.
Besides i have been a overly tranquil person for the first 45 years of my life, this willingness to "dance" with people are pretty new for me, not that will be the engaging one, but i will no longer walk away from a situation like that.

Besides its about time i get a good ass kicking haven't gotten one of those since i was 16 or so.

Okay there was a time back then when i also dident flinch from a confrontation, but that's cuz you cant really do that with the kind of people i was hanging out with, so once in a while you have to do the "psycho" thing to maintain respect, or take a confrontation when you was accused for doing things that's a major no - no in that kind of groupings.
And its not easy when you are half the size ( in weight at least ) than the other guys in the group, so you have to 1 up on psycho to get by.

I thought concealed carry was optional now that open carry was passed, and that's why they changed the name from CHL (Concealed Handgun License) to LTC (License to Carry). Either way I still haven't taken the class to get the license. I'm waiting till September when the price drops thanks to the new law.
Yeah, 40 bucks is tempting! I was mainly talking about carrying in a vehicle without a permit and whether it was illegal to have an UNloaded firearm as mentioned by Module 79L. Never heard that variation of the rules before! So I felt compelled to respond.

Yeah, 40 bucks is tempting! I was mainly talking about carrying in a vehicle without a permit and whether it was illegal to have an UNloaded firearm as mentioned by Module 79L. Never heard that variation of the rules before! So I felt compelled to respond.
I think @Module 79L thinks this is what rush hour looks like in Houston. And one day every year, it does.
TXRO1010.jpg

I also think @Module 79L has a good sense of humor. :D

No, I wasn't partially joking but I wasn't 100% accurate. I heard that in a program about weird laws all over the world, and as it turned out, the weird law was that in Texas it's illegal to threaten someone with an unloaded gun, not carrying it. :)

No, I wasn't partially joking but I wasn't 100% accurate. I heard that in a program about weird laws all over the world, and as it turned out, the weird law was that in Texas it's illegal to threaten someone with an unloaded gun, not carrying it. :)
funny... then again, my dad taught me never to point a gun at anything i didn't want to be dead, since that's the only thing a gun is made to do. he also taught me to never make empty threats. and pointing an unloaded gun at someone would certainly fall into that category.

i'm quite certain about carrying an unloaded weapon though, since i checked with many police friends before i started doing it.

It's a minefield of conflicting laws in some places. Back in 1990 my brother in California tried to find out how to legally carry rifles and handguns to a distant rifle range in his covered-bed pickup truck. Nobody in or out of government gave him the same answer or would assure their answer was correct so he ended up choosing what was the best he could figure out- Guns disabled in one locked box, ammo in a separate locked box, both in the locked camper shell, and the rifle bolts etc locked in the dash of the cab. Still nobody could tell him if even that extreme effort was legal :mad:

It's simpler and more clear-cut here except in certain cities where certain practices (usually regarding their being visible) are not legal. There you must follow local laws which cannot be in direct conflict with State laws although they can strengthen their restrictions. Other 'weapons' are done similarly but can include things you would think would be legal. And anything which is used as a weapon is considered to be a weapon so hitting someone with a rolled-up newspaper or even a feather is a serious felony crime here :eek:

Nobody in their right (or left) mind would ever consider governments to be smart :p

Phil

It's a minefield of conflicting laws in some places. Back in 1990 my brother in California tried to find out how to legally carry rifles and handguns to a distant rifle range in his covered-bed pickup truck. Nobody in or out of government gave him the same answer or would assure their answer was correct so he ended up choosing what was the best he could figure out- Guns disabled in one locked box, ammo in a separate locked box, both in the locked camper shell, and the rifle bolts etc locked in the dash of the cab. Still nobody could tell him if even that extreme effort was legal :mad:

It's simpler and more clear-cut here except in certain cities where certain practices (usually regarding their being visible) are not legal. There you must follow local laws which cannot be in direct conflict with State laws although they can strengthen their restrictions. Other 'weapons' are done similarly but can include things you would think would be legal. And anything which is used as a weapon is considered to be a weapon so hitting someone with a rolled-up newspaper or even a feather is a serious felony crime here :eek:

Nobody in their right (or left) mind would ever consider governments to be smart :p

Phil

The NRA has a web site that shows all the different gun laws in each state in the US. Generally speaking, if a state has no reciprocity and very restrictive gun laws you can't bring a firearm into the state. Some make a distinction between handguns and long guns. For example, I was permitted to take a trigger locked unloaded shotgun into Massachusetts for a sporting clays competition but you'd better not have a handgun with you even if it's in pieces or it's an instant felony.

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-gun-laws/

Last edited:
funny... then again, my dad taught me never to point a gun at anything i didn't want to be dead, since that's the only thing a gun is made to do. he also taught me to never make empty threats. and pointing an unloaded gun at someone would certainly fall into that category.

i'm quite certain about carrying an unloaded weapon though, since i checked with many police friends before i started doing it.

Certainly good common sense wisdom. And here in VT with about the least restrictive gun laws in the country, pointing a firearm at someone loaded or not is a crime, even if you didn't know it was loaded.

"Recklessness and endangerment are presumed when the defendant points a firearm at or towards the victim, regardless of whether the gun is loaded and whether the defendant knows the gun is loaded."

Interestingly, despite all the stereotypes and misconceptions, especially among foreigners who only know the story they get from the media, TV shows and the movies, many places in the US are nothing like that when it comes to firearms ownership.

I live in a state where there are virtually no restrictions on firearms and gun ownership is widespread among the population yet the state has among the lowest per capita murder rate and violent crime rate in the country.

I live in a state where there are virtually no restrictions on firearms and gun ownership is widespread among the population...

.....yet the state has among the lowest per capita murder rate and violent crime rate in the country.

Ya think there might be a 'cause and effect' correlation here? :rolleyes:

First Bad Guy: "Let's go rob that man standing over there."
Second Bad Guy: "You think he might be packing?"
First Bad Guy: "Right, I'm not so macho if I can get hurt. Let's go to another state."

:D:D:D:D:D

Back