GPS Features of Volway MU12

Agrezion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all I found this community while looking for information I thought I'd ask here.

Last year I purchased a Volway MU12 dashcam from Amazon, it's served me well so far it has a GPS feature and I can test it from the settings in the dashcam and it seems to work status is "positioning" but I recently saw that one of the claimed features is that I can use the GPS to track my car but I have no idea how to do that, there isn't any information in the manual or online in videos I've watched I can't seem to find anything. So if anyone knows how to even use the GPS Features that would be helpful.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 20240224_005919.jpg
    20240224_005919.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 3
Welcome to the forum Agrezion.

This brand is pretty unfamiliar to most of us in here, first time i hear about it.
BUT !
Tracking your car, yes that can be done live too but that will be with a smart / cloud enabled system that have a 4G modem & sim card in it so you can access it remotely.
What the probably lacking manual mean is probably that you can see where you have driven using a dedicated dashcam player, those have a window where the video run in and then a window with the map so you can see where you drive.

I personally left dashcam players a decade ago CUZ i know where i am driving i can see that in the video, and should something big happen, well no doubt other responders will also " log " where that happened.
So i just use a regular software player to watch my video on the PC

The dashcam player you can probably download from the brands wep page, there are also open ones but not sure it support your brand / model, dashcams do pretty much the same, but how they handle it can be different.

You can try and DL dashcam viewer, it is fully functional in demo mode but only load 2 clips then. https://dashcamviewer.com/
Anopther one to try would be DVPlayer. https://dvplayer.net/

Back