GPS for A118C

no, just curious if there have been any updates. Seems that there have been posters quoting different versions.

Ok, just to let you know mine is 20150403

CDNinHH: I think that is the firmware for the battery version of the A118. The firmware for the A118C is dated in March.

Last edited:
I just got this C model from Gearbest a few days ago and that is what it says is the version installed, so it must be the capacitor firmware.

This is what I can find. If you have a source for a later firmware, let me know.
-----------------------

Latest Firmware

The latest firmware is A118.20150104.zip from Foxoffer.

The latest firmware for the A118C is FWA118C_Welcome_20150318.zip from Foxoffer.

No idea, but here is what I have:

IMG_1436.jpeg

Cool, maybe that is custom firmware from the specific manufacturer.

supposedly the C firmware will work on a battery unit, but i haven't tested it. really the only difference is the startup and shutdown delays. battery has about 3 second boot time where cap version is about 12 seconds. shutdown is almost instant on cap, but probably 10-15 seconds on battery.

I messaged the seller of my A118C and asked what version of firmware my camera will have and this is the response I received:

Dear customer,

Thanks for your mail and glad to serve you. The version of the item which we sent to you is B40C. 20151119.001 . Hope this can help you. And hope you will receive the item soon.

Have a nice day!
Vicky

- estore009
------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if it is indeed a manufacturer specific firmware or if it a new general firmware???

Hi! Как можно сделать на А118 антенну GPS/GLONASS от GPS-трекера? На какие контакты mini-jack паять провода? A118 пишет NoGPS((((

Hi! How can you make to A118 antenna GPS / GLONASS from the GPS-tracker? What contacts mini-jack to solder wires? A118 writes NoGPS ((((

s4x0kfdc7tnrbvw3qomdtvdvg.png

I thought the GPS module already comes with the mini stereo plug connected????

I thought the GPS module already comes with the mini stereo plug connected????
it does, I suspect he might be trying to use something else which is probably not going to work unless it happens to be using the same chipset and protocol as the original

Back