GPS for A118C

Supposedly my daughter ordered one for my as a late Christmas present. But that was about two weeks ago. I am kind of thinking I am on my own now but we will see. If she doesn't come through, I will just drop it and buy one myself.

Regardless, Amazon is pretty good about backing items sold on their site so I am not worried. If it doesn't work, back it goes. If I get it, I will post my experience with it.

Yes, in fact, I tried two of them. I could get neither to work. They caused my GPS to crash every 20 or 30 seconds and corrupted the files.

Yes, in fact, I tried two of them. I could get neither to work. They caused my GPS to crash every 20 or 30 seconds and corrupted the files.
Thanks...I'll probably not bother buying one then :)

Yah, I would probably push my money elsewhere. However, I have seen several others get them to work just fine. But, I think the market is such that you can get more for the money now. I still like my A118C and I bought it knowing it wasn't top of the line. It has given a good idea of what I will want in my next unit when that time comes.

Yah, I would probably push my money elsewhere. However, I have seen several others get them to work just fine. But, I think the market is such that you can get more for the money now. I still like my A118C and I bought it knowing it wasn't top of the line. It has given a good idea of what I will want in my next unit when that time comes.
Yes, I ordered mine in September (A118C clone) and it took 2 months to arrive, but only paid €18/$19 for it in total (with €15/$16 eBay voucher)...for exactly the same reason - to try it out.

Yes, I ordered mine in September (A118C clone) and it took 2 months to arrive, but only paid €18/$19 for it in total (with €15/$16 eBay voucher)...for exactly the same reason - to try it out.
Unfortunately the clones use lower quality parts to get the cost down, and as such they can't give the same video quality of the original.

Back