Rear cam sapping main module

Patteh

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just got the A129 duo cam with a hardwire kit bundle. I installed everything properly, ran the ACC and BATT+ cables to the respective 5amp outputs, piggyback fuses, grounded, etc.

Upon finishing the install, the camera worked for about an hour. I noticed the camera kept restarting, and that the rear camera was no longer displayed on the main screen. It kept flickering, fading out slowly until it was completely black and restarted again. I troubleshooted this using many different configurations.

I remedied the issue by unplugging the rear camera from the front camera. I had also tried using the USB port in my car instead of the fusebox. Same issue; and unplugging the rear camera fixes the issue.

Did I get a lemon? It seems like the front camera isn't keeping up with supplying the proper power to the rear camera.

Try the included power supply and see if you have the same problem, what you described sounds power related

I had already tried the included power supply, and had the same issue unfortunately.

Edit: I had also tried powering it through the GPS module/mount thing, and directly into the input of the front camera both with fusebox power and with the included power supply. Issue persists.

To clarify, the "included power supply" you're referring to is the cable + the dual usb car charger adapter correct? If so, yes I had tried that in a different car.

Try it with USB in a power socket in home to see if it's car / dashcam problem

Back