GPS Mount interchangability

Ouch77

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini 0803
Can anyone say for sure if the GPS mounts fro the 0801 is totally compatible with the 0803? Got a setup that runs and works with that arrangement?

Long story short: Wife is ordering for me an 0803 and GPS mount from E-prance on Amazon, they've contacted her to say the 0801 mounts isn't compatible, but they do an 0803 mount that is..

The observable difference is that one has micro USB, and one has Mini USB. There's only £2 in the price, but it bugs me to be told different things from different sources..

Cool, thanks for the speedy response.

I think I'll suggest my wife goes with the 0803 mount, as if there are problems (I hope not), we'll be dealing initially with E-prance, and if we follow their recommendations (no matter if they're right or not) then they're less likely to be funny about things.

Hi,

Just received my 0803 from Joovoo this morning and the mini usb connections are not the same (wider and thinner), therefore my hard-wiring for the 0801 will not fit the 0803 mount unfortunately.

The 0803 does physically fit the mount.

Hope this helps.

The mounts are interchangeable but you'll need to use whichever power cord is needed for the mount, most 0803's you'll see will be with the Micro USB connector, the 0801 only ever used a Mini USB connector

Hi,

Just received my 0803 from Joovoo this morning and the mini usb connections are not the same (wider and thinner), therefore my hard-wiring for the 0801 will not fit the 0803 mount unfortunately.

The 0803 does physically fit the mount.

Hope this helps.

..The observable difference is that one has micro USB, and one has Mini USB..

Yup - spotted that one - thanks!

my hard-wiring for the 0801 will not fit the 0803 mount unfortunately.

if you like, you can keep the 0801 GPS mount there but a 0803 camera mounted.
a spare GPS mount or a new microUSB hardwire kit, either will work!

Thanks for you're reply Rayman,

<<if you like, you can keep the 0801 GPS mount there but a 0803 camera mounted>>

That's what I've done. and I've changed the mini-usb lead on a spare hard wire kit for a micro-usb and will be fitting that to SWMBO's car !

Back