GPS no longer working...

Glad to hear this problem was solved!

I have been using my mini0906 alittle less than a month. Within the last week i noticed there was no more GPS signal, nor is the green GPS light is blinking. I also noticed that the Mount (where I believe the GPS module is located) is very very hot to the touch. Does this indicated that something is malfunctioning?

Not sure if the following log is any help...

D:\Novatek\LOG

Start GPS receive task
UART3: Open success
UART3: uart3_checkIntStatus:96
Start REMOTE receive task
[31m Failed to get attrib of FW!
[0m[35mMode {MOVIE} Open begin
[0m[34mDrvLCDState():begin {UIFrameworkTsk/0x80028e68}
[0mDrvLCDState(): get 00000003
[37mCHK: 2414, GPSRec_LogGPSData[0m
NMEASentence.GPSDataBuf.GPSBufUsedPos == 0 GPSConnectedStatus():0

*********************************************************************************************************************
--FIXED--

Mine happened to be a defective mount which the GPS unit is located in....
Contacted the the company and they sent me out a new mount/GPS within a week.

Tried new mount/GPS and the green light now blinks and GPS is now working.

Took apart the old mount ( 6 tiny screws) and it smells like burnt electronics.

*********************************************************************************************************************
I have been using my mini0906 alittle less than a month. Within the last week i noticed there was no more GPS signal, nor is the green GPS light is blinking. I also noticed that the Mount (where I believe the GPS module is located) is very very hot to the touch. Does this indicated that something is malfunctioning?

Not sure if the following log is any help...

D:\Novatek\LOG

Start GPS receive task
UART3: Open success
UART3: uart3_checkIntStatus:96
Start REMOTE receive task
[31m Failed to get attrib of FW!
[0m[35mMode {MOVIE} Open begin
[0m[34mDrvLCDState():begin {UIFrameworkTsk/0x80028e68}
[0mDrvLCDState(): get 00000003
[37mCHK: 2414, GPSRec_LogGPSData[0m
NMEASentence.GPSDataBuf.GPSBufUsedPos == 0 GPSConnectedStatus():0

--FIXED--

Mine happened to be a defective mount which the GPS unit is located in....
Contacted the the company and they sent me out a new mount/GPS within a week.

Tried new mount/GPS and the green light now blinks and GPS is now working.

Took apart the old mount ( 6 tiny screws) and it smells like burnt electronics.

--BROKE AGAIN--

Its last 2 days after the new GPS mount and is doing the same thing as the original mount.... Working with vendor to return the whole unit.

Hello everyone. I have a similar problem. Recently bought it myself. Since the moment of installation, the green indicator always blinking and could not catch the gps signal not in the Parking lot or in motion. After a few days, the indicator stopped burning and the gps icon disappeared from the screen. Tried to restore the factory settings, update the firmware, nothing helped. Addressed to the seller, he promised to send a new mount. Tell me is there any solution to this problem or everything could be repeated with the new mount?

that may be caused by a new warm heart worker in our factory.
He was soldering the connectors very quick, much more than our expectation.

when we get the GPS fault feedbacks from user, we start research what happened,
then we found there are some GPS connectors are cold solder joint.
we traced the problem source then found the warm heart worker,
he is very proud of his operating speed, but, careless.......

as hundreds GPS mount soldered by him have been released to distributors,
and it is very hard to identify without take every mount apart,
we have to replace the un-functional mounts for end users.

that is not the worker's fault, but our fault. Bad monitoring on operating.
we will take the responsibility.

Ok, thank you for the answer.

Hello Rayman.
GPS worked for 2 months, then began to lose satellites and incorrectly indicate the speed.
I already wrote that I was shown a speed of 109 km / h at a roundabout.
I could not go from the parking in the city at a speed of about 109 km / h!
Capture4.JPG

now GPS does not work at all.

Hello Rayman.
GPS worked for 2 months, then began to lose satellites and incorrectly indicate the speed.
I already wrote that I was shown a speed of 109 km / h at a roundabout.
I could not go from the parking in the city at a speed of about 109 km / h!

from your image I believe you are using an old version rdCAM. the displayied speed does not match the graphic, that is a program bug
please download the latest from www.rdcam.com

Well, here's that video file on Youtube, see what speed is recorded on the video

wow, it is unglaublich!
do you have the GPS log of this video? and can i have a mount location photo of the camera?
please send the log to rayman@megcn.com so we can analyse

Hi, everybody. My problem with GPS is ongoing. As I wrote earlier, the seller faithfully sent me a new module. I got it connected and it worked successfully for 2 days and after the next run got the same result as the last module - there is no GPS icon, does not include GPS test mode. Rayman in what can be problem - in GPS from a bad batch or a problem with my Registrar?
What am I supposed to do now in this situation ? To the seller, I can not apply because the term of protection of the order ended, and he fulfilled his obligations in good faith

in GPS from a bad batch or a problem with my Registrar?
what is the purchasing date and shipping date?
it is quite strange why the replacement stop working.

My mini0906 was order Jan. 26 2018 , received by me Feb. 15 2018
Feb. 16 2018 I informed the seller about the first problems with the bad GPS signal
Feb. 18 2018 GPS stopped working
Feb. 27 2018 the seller sent me a new module
Mar. 17 2018 received by me
1.jpg2.jpg

My mini0906 was order Jan. 26 2018 , received by me Feb. 15 2018
Feb. 16 2018 I informed the seller about the first problems with the bad GPS signal
Feb. 18 2018 GPS stopped working
Feb. 27 2018 the seller sent me a new module
Mar. 17 2018 received by me
View attachment 37232View attachment 37233
Hi, Chingiz:
I am sorry to know that your 2nd GPS mount stopped working again.
Rayman will follow you about technology help. Please don't worry.
If you need trade service, please feel free to contact us again.

Regards
Conkim

that may be caused by a new warm heart worker in our factory.
He was soldering the connectors very quick, much more than our expectation.

when we get the GPS fault feedbacks from user, we start research what happened,
then we found there are some GPS connectors are cold solder joint.
we traced the problem source then found the warm heart worker,
he is very proud of his operating speed, but, careless.......

as hundreds GPS mount soldered by him have been released to distributors,
and it is very hard to identify without take every mount apart,
we have to replace the un-functional mounts for end users.

that is not the worker's fault, but our fault. Bad monitoring on operating.
we will take the responsibility.

It is very kind of you to admit such a problem on a public forum. It shows your company is very honest and has integrity.

My 0906 cams just became a victim of this problem.

Three days after installing there is no more GPS signal even after 50 minutes parking outside with power on. Green LED blinks forever. GPS test mode shows no satellites and no bars.

Before at least I got 3 - 4 satellites with red or yellow bar.

Is it possible to fix the cold solder joint manually?

I am afraid my reseller will be difficult to deal with. :(

I have some soldering skills. I think it will be faster if I can fix it myself.

Well I found the problem. It's not a cold solder joint like MEG TECH tells you.
The GPS antenna was soldered to ground, but not to the GPS chip.
It's a real miracle that it worked at all before.

Of course to find this out one has to desolder the PCB from the pins, which is nearly impossible without nearly breaking it.
Resoldering the PCB to the pins after repair is then completely impossible unless you have professional desoldering equipment to clean the pins (vacuum pump etc.).

And my reseller just generated a dead tracking number instead of actually shipping me a replacement as promised.
(Don't buy iTracker branded dashcams!)

To the "warm heart factory worker": you are bad and should feel bad. f*** you.

IMG_1068.png

Oh well, time to hit Aliexpress and play GPS lotto again.

Now I regret not buying a Blackvue.

After questioning the reseller, he doesn't respond to me anymore but the tracking number magically becomes valid.
Of course with my luck, it turns out DHL is badly screwing up the delivery at the moment.
Maybe Monday I will get the replacement GPS mounts and can test them.

Still, I stay with "Don't buy iTracker branded dashcams" since you can get the same much cheaper on Aliexpress from Conkim, etc.
So much for thinking that if I buy from a local German reseller I will get excellent service.
Don't be fooled guys. Local resellers are no better or worse than Chinese resellers.

iTracker have so many five-star reviews on Amazon, I wonder how it's possible.
I guess giving CPL filters away for free for writing a review helps them a lot.

Just in case I ordered two more mounts from Conkim.
I pray one set will be from a working batch...

Will post an update again soon. It will be especially interesting if Conkim ships known-bad GPS as well.

Last edited:
Two iTracker replacement GPS arrived. Here's the results. They are identical for both GPS, so I just post for one of them.

First power-up in front of open window with by bench power supply at 13V with USB adapter and no rear-cam:

IMG_1081.JPG

Yeah... :rolleyes:

So power off and back on the bench power supply:

IMG_1082.JPG

Hey look, a blue bar and so fast!

First time was a display bug?

In car with hardwire kit powered from cigar socket and rear camera connected:

IMG_1083.JPG

This is with ignition in ACC. If I started the engine, GPS died. It seems that the rain/light sensor caused too much interference. <-- Nissan drivers take care!

I solved this by moving the GPS 2 - 3cm further away from the rain/light sensor housing. I get 5 - 6, sometimes even 7 satellite bars now. Usually all red, sometimes some yellow. Forgot to take a photo, sorry.

GPS strategy of Mini 0906 seems to be to work out the position from many poor signals instead of making a hardware that can capture few good signals. As @Rayman.Chan already admitted elsewhere, Mini 0906 GPS with rear camera connected is basically a flawed design and can never get great signal due to the way it is built.

Next time I take a drive with my wife, we will check how GPS performance is during moving vehicle.

And once Conkim GPS arrives, I will compare with iTracker. Stay tuned. I still have a feeling Conkim GPS will make better results for some reason.

Edit: I hide my GPS coordinate. To the stalkers that saw it, that's not my house... ;P

Last edited:
New update:

New iTracker GPS can't get any fix while driving. In fact, no matter where in the car I position the GPS, it will not get a fix while driving. The only time it can get a fix is if I am stationary and wait.

With that said, I am done beta testing MEG TECH trashcams, so I turned off the GPS functions and use it as a plain, overpriced video recorder now. Once the Conkim mounts arrive, I test them and keep them as a spare.

Once other bugs start to happen like random factory reset, I will throw it out and replace with Blackvue.

To anyone reading this: do not buy this product.

Back