GPS not working well at all

wxperson99

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a new unit.

The GPS will only lock if I park for 30 minutes facing SOUTH. Based on what I am reading... this is not normal.

Support so far has not suggested anything helpful so I plan on probably returning it (Amazon).

Only question I have is, part of the GPS mount is behind the windshield frits.... black dots... which I understand is just paint. Have you ever heard that this could be a problem? I have not.

See attached image.

Thanks,

George

Attachments

• IMG_6594.jpg
    IMG_6594.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 15
Black dots should be of no issue, but some windshields with heat protection (metallic vapor layer) may cause them.

@wxperson99, one thing you can try is removing the camera from your windshield and testing it outside your vehicle. This will tell you if you may have a defective GPS unit or if your windshield is preventing your camera from receiving adequate signals from the satellite constellation.

Welcome to the forum wxperson99.
I would assume that the cars instruction book would also mention it if the windscreen have some form of coating that make toll tags ASO needed to be put in a special place where that coating are not present.

Back