GS6000

Hello, I need schema connector GS6000 my gps only works when connected directly to the camera, he was placed in the holder and not recognized by the camera, I think I must have some wrong wire in glass holder.

Hello. I received gs 6000 with ambarella a2s60. I tested it in the road and saw such problem with video picture:

It is swimming. What is it can be? holder or camera?

Last edited by a moderator:
Zaxela said:
It is swimming. What is it can be? holder or camera?

Holder.
Camera is shaking.

I heard about rolling shutter. Can it be too?

how to fix this problem?

Zaxela said:
how to fix this problem?

Two words --> better support.
You must look your car and camera support how to fix it.

Hello. I need to rewrite firmware. Where can I find it for this dvr?
5M3H2HGC.130319.V2

Hi,

I've just found a camera called "GS6000" on AliExpress, offered by several sellers. (for example: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original ... 56261.html)
Based on its data sheet, it seems to be the same as GS1000 orange menu, with little bit modified menu colors, higher sw version (SMH4.35.280712HB), modified (detachable) window holder and bigger display, and even 150%-200% price (158-198 USD) related to price of the good orange menus (120 USD).

Do you know sg about this "new" type?

Thanks, hungarycam
The GS6000 / Texet DVR-3GP use the same Ambarella A2S60 processor as the GS1000. This camera has a much bigger screen at 2.7" and a different mounting system that lets you point the camera towards the drivers window (an important feature in Russia when dealing with corrupt police :shock: ). It also comes with an external GPS-receiver (SiRF Star III, 30-channel). The DVR-3GP comes with 256MB of built in memory. I'm not sure if the GS6000 does or not.

Apparently the DVR-3GP comes with firmware TXH3.35B.120712H (similar to the old orange menu). While this GS6000 appears to be similar to the new orange menu camera (SMH4.35.280712HB).

Here is a day video of the Texet DVR-3GP.

Dash Cam Man
Hi Stevin_12,

The GS6000 has an external GPS as shown below.
542324426_721.jpg

The GS1000 and GS6000 are quite similar. If you want a smaller, less expensive camera with built in GPS get the GS1000 Orange Menu from a reputable vendor. If you want a larger screen, the ability to rotate the camera and a more reliable GPS module get the GS6000.

Dash Cam Man
Hi,

I've just found a camera called "GS6000" on AliExpress, offered by several sellers. (for example: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original ... 56261.html)
Based on its data sheet, it seems to be the same as GS1000 orange menu, with little bit modified menu colors, higher sw version (SMH4.35.280712HB), modified (detachable) window holder and bigger display, and even 150%-200% price (158-198 USD) related to price of the good orange menus (120 USD).

Thanks, hungarycam

Hi,

Thanks, hungarycam

I have the English manual for the E-Prance GS 6000, can provide a full copy, with illustrations, via email. My email is: DaveLadely@aol.com.
Here is the text only, as the diagrams and picture would not upload:

E-Prance Dashcam GS 6000

Manual

Overview

This is a digital HD (high definition) video camera recorder with the most advanced technology; this device is a common HD video camera as well as a professional driving recorder. It can record the high resolution image with the pixel as high as 2304X1296P FULL HD and take the picture of 3 mega pixels. Using TF card as the storage device, compact size, low power consumption, HD camcorder can record more detailed perfect video image. Video also can be transferred by HDMI transmission wire directly to the high quality LED TV (HDMI) for high resolution displaying.

Enjoy true high-definition lift by using this product.

Features

Product features:
◎ 120 degree ultra wide angle lens.

◎2304X1296P FULL HD high quality resolution.

◎ Equipped with low light sensor, can get good video quality at night.

◎ Advanced H.264 video compression technology.

◎ 3 mega pixels.

◎ 2.7 inch high resolution LCD, can watch while shooting.

◎ Matching IR Light for supplementing light at night.

◎ Support HDMI high quality video transmission.

◎2 resolution forms can be changed for video recording.

◎ 30 frames per second for smooth video flow.

◎ Equipped with special auto suction cup holder. Conveniently fix and use.

◎ Built-in GPS, record traffic speed, driving track. (Optional)

◎G-sensor to keep records of sensor data and real-time display on the player. (Optional)

◎ Powerful document protection, even in the recording process, the occurrence of sudden power outages, machine damage, etc., video files will be intact.

◎ Seamless continuous recording, will not miss any data.

◎ Adopt auto cigarette lighter power supply, to make the video recording while driving.

◎ When car engine started, automatically start recording.

◎ Automatic circulating video recording, being able to set the record time for each file.

◎ Watch video while make video recording in driving. Support on-spot play back.

◎ Improve time & date display, no need reset when re-start.

◎ Screenshots function, can capture the video screen while video recording and reviewing(optional).

◎ To charge through USB.

◎ Human orientated operation interface.

◎ One press taking a photo

◎ Maximum 32GB or even bigger SD high capacity storage device.

See page 2, next message

English manual , E-Prance GS 6000, page 2

Remarks:

When power on, GPS auto search satellite. No GPS positioning, LCD screen display dynamic lower left corner of the yellow icon ; GPS positioning, LCD screen shows a green icon on the lower left corner. (Optional)

Key Functions

MODE Key: to shift video recording, playback mode, system settings. To lock or unlock the file during recording. At playback mode, press “MODE” key to back to thumbnail status.
Snap Key:In the video recording mode, press the capture key, you can snap a picture of the current video resolution size. At thumbnail status, is to delete the photo or video.

Up/Down Key:In Menu mode, used for menu selection; At thumbnail status to review videos/photo. At video playback mode, short press UP key to low-speed play back. Short press DOWN key to fast forward. At recording mode, short press up key to on/off the LCD, short press down key to on/off the MIC.

Power key: Short press power on, press for 2 seconds power off. In the recording mode, short press to on/off the LED. At thumbnail mode, short pressing can lock or unlock the current file.

REC/OK Key:To start/stop recording. At menu setting to confirm selection. At Thumbnail mode, to confirm the playing of the video/photo. At video playback mode, to start/pause playing.

Rest key: to Reset and force power off

LED indicating light: during recording, it will flash red. When charging, it lights red, and turned off when fully charged.

u Load and unload the battery

Operation

1. Battery indicators are shown as: Full Half Low Empty

u Battery Recharge

2. This device can be charged through connecting the USB terminal of computer as well as connecting charger.

u Connect to 12V/24V car charger as driving recorder

When used as driving recorder, it is required to turn on the Circulating Video Recording and Automatic Video Recording Upon Start On, at the same time, connect it with the car charger, when the vehicle engine is on, It will start video recording automatically; when the vehicle engine is off, the data will be saved, and the device will shutdown automatically.

Ø Note:

Only the car charger with the output of 5V 2A can be used for the power supply, if the currency is less than 2a, the device could be damaged by the charger of other voltages.

u Insert in and take out the memory card.

1. Confirm the inserting direction of TF card, wrong inserting direction could damage the camcorder and TF card;

2. Use the SDHC specification conforming high speed TF card, this TF card has the marking of C4 or C6.

3. In the event of the storage card format cannot be compatible with the device, the device could not read the card, and it is required to formalize the TF card.

u Turn on / off and auto off of video recorder

1. Press the power key for 1 second to turn on/off the device.

2. For saving the power capacity of battery, to set the automatic off time in the menu, the device will turn off automatically when not any operation on the video recorder.

OPERATION

Camcorder Mode

1. Press REC button to start the video recording, and then press REC button to stop the video recording. During the process, red icon will flash on the screen.

2. Select flashlight:
Choose the mode of flashlight in the status of video recording by pressing right key. The sequencing will be forced flash
0clip_image027.png
, and no flash
0clip_image029.png

u Revise the following content in the Menu mode:

Video recording quality: to choose the resolution of video recording:1920x1080P30fps, 1280x720P60fps,

Circulating video recording: to set or shut the circulating video recording, in the status of circulating video recording, when the capacity of TF card is full, the previous content shall be covered automatically.

Motion detect: When moving object is detected, the DVR will automatically start recording , when no moving object is detected, the DVR will continue recording for 10 s and then power off

Automatic video recording upon start on: when connecting car charger, the device will start the video recording automatically 3 seconds after start on.

Power on delay: When connecting with car charger, during the set time period (default:10s,) can continuously detected the power, the DVR will be turned on

Power off delay: When dis-connecting with car charger, during the set time period (default:30s,) can continuously detected no power, the DVR will be turned off.

Sound recording: select to open or close the microphone.

Language:set language.

TV out:NTSC/PAL.

Auto off:set idle time to power off the device.

Operation

Format:Format the TF card.
Stamp: Video recording/pictures whether add into the time and date, customer logo and speed info.

Date:Use up or down key to change the digits and press OK to go to next item.

Auto LCD off Time: set the time auto turn off the LCD screen; press any key to wake up the LCD screen.

Reset system: to set the system parameter as the default value.

Night Mode: if the light is dim, night mode can significantly improve the ability to capture the light, enhancing effect of night photography. Anti-glare function will clear the visual quality of the files at the night mode.

Light source frequency: to choose the frequency of electric wire, in the event of selecting the wrong frequency, the horizontal lines interruption will show on the image.
G-sensor: G-Sensor is used to test if the car has any crash. If so, it will automatically lock the file, there will be a
0clip_image031.png
at the right corner of file. In this case, the video won’t be erased by loop recording. There is eight settings of these sensitivity of the G-sensor: off/1/2/3/4/5/6/7. “Off” closes the G-sensor function. “1” is the lowest sensitivity and “7” is the highest. (To prevent too many locked files in the card which may affect normal loop recording, the max total size of the locked file is 1G)

GPS auto time synchronization: when GPS signal is catch, will automatically correct the date and time according to GPS.

Time zone setting: Set the time zone of your erea.

Firmware Version: to check the firmware version number of video recorder.

Specifications

Sensor
3M CMOS sensor,1/3 inch light-sensing surface area

Lens

4 fixed focus Lens, aperture 2.0, focus 3.4mm

Zoom

2.7inch 16:9 TFT LCD

LCD display

Terminal: composite TV signal output NTSC/PAL High definition TV terminal interface: HDMI signal output. Max 1920X1080i50 or 1920X1080i60 AV (CVBS)

Picture

PG file format Maximum output pixel: 3.0 mega pixels

Video output

H.264 compressed format 2304X1296, 30 frame/sec, 1280 x 720, 60 frame/sec

Audio

Microphone and speaker (AAC) Equipped

Memorizer

Memory: 128M or 256M(optional) External media: SDHC (support 32G max, TF card)

Shutter

Electronic shutter

Flashlight

Automatic electronic video supplement lamp (IR)

Battery

500mAh 3.7V Polymer Li-ion battery

Size

113.6*51.1*37.15mm

Net weight

82g

FAQ

Warning Notice

n Cannot take pictures or video clips.

Check the TF card whether it’s locked or has insufficient space.

n Stop recording half way.

Please check whether your TF card supports high-speed transmission (marked with C4 or C6).

n “File error” pops up in playback mode.

Please format the TF card.

n No image on TV screen.

Make sure AV or HDMI cable is correctly connected. Make sure TV is switched to correct mode.

n Video or pictures are blurry.

Please clean up the lens.

n Flashlights cannot be used.

The battery might be low.

n Horizontal lines interruption in the image

This is caused by the light source is wrongly set, please set as 50Hz or 60Hz according to the local power supply frequency.

u GPS Player Install Instruction:

(1) Firmware Installation

Install the “Driver.exe” at CD disk.

(2) Play the video

Double-click the “Player.exe”,select the file and play it.

Custom firmwares for 3H2F GS6000 Ambarella A5S30+GPS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gmini HD75, 20-25-30Mbit, Contrast, Expo-VicoTF+, Logo-HYUNDAI
Gmini HD75, 20-25-30Mbit, Contrast, Expo-TrendVision TV-Q5NV, Logo-HYUNDAI
Texet DVR-5GP (140424), 20-25-30Mbit, Contrast, Expo-TrendVision TV-Q5NV, Logo-KLGD
Texet DVR-5GP (140424), 16-20-24Mbit, Contrast, Expo-TrendVision TV-Q5NV, Logo-KLGD
Texet DVR-5GP (140207), 20-25-30Mbit, Contrast, Expo-TrendVision TV-Q5NV, Logo-KLGD
Texet DVR-5GP (140207), 20-25-30Mbit, Contrast, Expo-TrendVision TV-Q5NV, Logo-KLGD, FullHD
Texet DVR-5GP (140207), Standart Bitrate, Contrast, Expo-TrendVision TV-Q5NV, Logo-Texet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After updating the firmware to reset the default settings and change the contrast setting to any value and again changed to standard...

Last edited:
"Power key: Short press power on, press for 2 seconds power off. In the recording mode, short press to on/off the LED"
Ok, stupid question and it might just be translation issues, but does this actually do anything? I toggle this and don't see anything change. Do I actually need to bother turning it off or on? Just leave it on all the the time? Ignore it?

The light I'm thinking is more for using the GS6000 as a still camera if you have an accident. I just leave it off all the time.

Back