GS6000

The cause of the poor contact with holder,reinforce with glue

the night vision effect of GS6000 Ambarella A5S30 is better
http://www.e-prance.com/car-dvr/car-dvr ... ision.html

Here is the night vision on the Ambarella A7LA50D with its latest firmware of a few days ago.
I think the night vision is better and brighter than the older A5 which I bought last year.

Early firmware and the video was duller. This latest firmware is much brighter at night and does good day videos as well.

This clip below was on a wet rainy day.

The one I bought is called the stancom pro dash cam and sold out of Perth, Western Australia.

Hi all,

Am looking at purchasing a GS6000 A7 (have heard it is great value for money for a unit with internal GPS and a decent-sized screen) but I have a query about firmware.

2 different suppliers on eBay have both stated that the firmware in the unit they sell is the "newest".
The firmware versions stated are: "ER3H2FHMDGC.140613.V1" and "SM3H2FDGC.130828.V1"

Someone is being a little sparing with the truth; they can't BOTH be the newest !

How do I know which is the newest/best ? Is there an even newer version of firmware which has ironed out some of the "shortcomings" I have seen mentioned in a couple of reviews ?

I'm getting sick of hearing conflicting "facts".

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Steve

140613 is newer, it doesn't sound like it's from the genuine product going by the file name

That said though I don't think it's a particularly great model anyway, someone here had one previously (Reverend maybe???), can't say I've seen much positive feedback about it

Thanks Jokiin.

Great - another firmware version to consider !
How can I tell a "reputable dealer" when most seem to have just an online presence and are either Russian or Chinese ?
And how can I tell if the product is genuine ?
And where do you find firmware information ? (You must have found it somewhere - what about the rest of us mere mortals ?)

That model was suggested for
" great usability and fair price of this product, makes the GS6000 A7 a top seller one of our favorite dash cam choices for 2014"

Cheers,
Steve

That site is all about affiliate links and commissions, take what you read there as having a great deal of incentive behind any recommendation made

Yeah I had this camera - to give you an idea it was one of the first A7la50 devices and they had issues with their WDR implementation to the point it was better turned off.

It depends what you like - if you like smeared night time video with hardly any detail it was great, but if you like proper detail then stay away. On sunny days it was great when it didn't turn itself off.

It was and is expensive for what's inside it bearing in mind it's Samoon's own model - they've surpassed it in the last year with things like the B47 anyway which has higher specs and more commonly known as the Street Storm CVR-A7810-G.

I've had both - the 3H2F-D / GS6000 A7 went back because it had issues - it would also lock up in the heat here in summer and if that's a problem in the UK it will definitely be a problem in Australia.

Maybe consider things like the Mini 0806 and seeing as you're in Australia definitely have a think about the new Street Guardian SG7LA50G - it's a discrete form factor which means you can hardly see it from outside the car but it has some fantastic WDR for night vision.

If you're wanting the sort of look that the GS6000 A7 had then the Panorama is the way to go which @jokiin also sells in Australia and that also covers you when parked when set up with a permanent power source.

Yeah I had this camera

Thanks, was fairly sure it was you that had this one, more importantly though I know you've had quite a few different makes and models of camera which in my mind adds a lot more weight to your feedback about this model as you've had a lot of models to be able to compare it to

I had a look at some of the footage the other day - the day stuff was great as was night with WDR off - the new B47 is definitely superior but still shows some of the same WDR smearing - it's nowhere near as bad but you can see they've tweaked it.

Your new stuff is definitely better though (that'll be £20 in the post please :p )

Thanks, was fairly sure it was you that had this one, more importantly though I know you've had quite a few different makes and models of camera which in my mind adds a lot more weight to your feedback about this model as you've had a lot of models to be able to compare it to
Jokiin, how do we find your store and what you have to offer ? What is your recommendation in the around ~$150 price bracket with internal GPS and a decent sized screen (preferable but not a show-stopper) ? The Street Guardian recommended by the Good Reverend is a nice-looking unit but a little bit out of my price range.

Back