GS8000

not sure what Auto Aus is meant to be
Acording to Google Translate Auto Aus is Auto Off, but that could ether mean screen Auto Off or Device Power Auto Off when the car is turned off.
I have the Ambarella A2S70 GS8000 so my menu is probably different.
Try setting it to 1 min, then turn it off. Start your car and then turn your car off and see if the camera powers down in 1 min

Acording to Google Translate Auto Aus is Auto Off, but that could ether mean screen Auto Off or Device Power Auto Off when the car is turned off.
I have the Ambarella A2S70 GS8000 so my menu is probably different.
Try setting it to 1 min, then turn it off. Start your car and then turn your car off and see if the camera powers down in 1 min

see there you go, I didn't even click that he didn't have it in English :eek:

the Auto off function should be how long before shutting off when inactive or no external power, not the setting he needs

there's not too many options on these so it can't be too hard to work out, I haven't seen this particular menu though (it's a chipset I prefer to avoid) to be familiar with the terminology used or which menu setting it's under, bit of trial and error though

When i turn my car off the cam is going off automatically. But the setting i showed is for exampe Im looking on recorded files and press one minute no button, then its going off.

Someone mentioned tonsee_mall.
Be careful of the 45 days eBay seller liability period because that makes your warranty useless.
I purchased and then paid more money to airmail the faulty product back. Wasted my money because they ignore all communication now.

Someone mentioned tonsee_mall.
Be careful of the 45 days eBay seller liability period because that makes your warranty useless.
I purchased and then paid more money to airmail the faulty product back. Wasted my money because they ignore all communication now.

I know someone else that suffered the same problem with this seller, had to send faulty product back, they just stretched everything out beyond the 45 days like they were going to help and it was all good, as soon as they got past 45 days all communication stopped

Hello,

I bought DVR GS8000 from ebay (sold over 85pcs), price 90$ (some %sale)..
Everything is OK, it works fom christmas every day in my car, but I think that the video could be in better quality :) I try 1920x1080 30p - sharpeness - high/standart, 1280 30/60p, but the video isn't great.
Look:
The screen after Camera ON (some Blackview camera - what is this?) Model M900??
IMG_0909.JPG
Menu with firmware version:
IMG_0910.JPG

Can I update firmware to original GS8000 firmware like V 1.0.8. G82AK or V 1.0.9. G82AK??

And video screen:

Attachments

• videoscreen.jpg
    videoscreen.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 25
Can I update firmware to original GS8000 firmware like V 1.0.8. G82AK or V 1.0.9. G82AK??:
Judging by the time stamp and menus that looks like the same GS8000 screen as mine witch I think is on V 1.0.8. G82AK. (It's been forever since i used it after it destroyed a Micro card) However I would do as jokiin suggests.

I'm also curious if they made any changes to the hardware. I bought one maybe around January of 2013 or so and had a ton of issues with it. GPS stopped working Camera would overheat and stop working until I manually reset it. It got so hot it damaged the Micro SD card i had inside. It was nothing but hassles unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to bump this. I still have mine and dug it out a few mins ago. Has there been any new firmware that might make this thing run a little better or bring any kind of improvement by chance? Any kind of newer A2 firmware I can play around with on it maybe? I know it's a rough camera, but i'd hate for it to just sit here and collect dust.

There are unfortunately many fake offered the GS8000 + gps
they all look the same from the outside
the firmware is lined with the same number.

all qual ity of the images you can see if it is a real
we only do BlackView (DOME)
these are still the best

I have the A2 version
we only do BlackView (DOME)
I know there are a lot of Novatek versions out there branded as the GS8000L
I have an Ambarella A2S70 version though. If the BlackView one is an Ambarella version and has a newer firmware can I give it a shot on mine?
2n0j2xe.jpg

There is my current version.
As you can see under my list I have quite a few cameras so i'm not worried if I happen to brick this one by chance it's just sitting here in my desk.

What do you want in firmware, seen standing.
In China they can all put down
AL you would have your name.

New and good models to be quickly copied
they buy a real model and copy the firmware, make it a bit of their own and ready.

no one sees something from the outside, but inside all cheap
Lenses are of poor quality.
and the price is also cheaper.

this is not fair. for dealers who pay more
and also to sell fairly.
everyone thinks they are expensive.
they just do not know it, but its the true.

the problem is that the one that does not sell the real, that he has put upon the real.
There you'll only find out when you see the real

Thus, a real model destroyed. by bad copy from china.

perhaps worded, I not all that good
but I hope you understand what I mean

I've been having an overheating problem as have many people with the early Ambarella GS8000 so my GS8000 just kind of sits around not getting much use. I was just going to try to flash what looked to be a newer firmware that came on the BlackView and to see if it was flashable and play around with it a little to see if my camera worked any better with a newer firmware.

That's all. I just hate for a camera to sit here and not get used.

GOT IT.

Pretty close jokiin, it turned out to be MBE that wrote it up for the GS9000 camera.
Thanks!

For anyone else catching up in the forum on making your own power cable, look here
Pinout on mini B side

Here's how i cheated. since the cable only comes with 4 wires and 5 pins, i put a lump of solder on pins 3 and 4, then used the green wire (pin3) to give the 5v+.

Worked great, after i ruined 3 cables trying to get there. fourth time is a charm!
Thank MBE if you get the chance for helping us out.
Thanks for sharing.
I make a diy circuit to turn on mine with engine on but connecting it from a positive that is permanently connected to battery.
I use the different voltage between the normal battery tension (with engine off) and the voltage I have when generator kicks in to have the on/off state of the camera, but I see that it didn't charge the battery.

Now I try the 3-4 connection instead 1-4! Thank you!

Last edited:
Fast try:
I found the original charger (that it has on the body the indication of the wiring!).
I cut the cable and I connect it on the circuit.

The cam have a strange behavior.
With a normal USB connection it works, but it didn't charge the battery.
With the correct wiring it didn't start at all, but the red led is on.
Maybe it is charging the battery (I havent'used the original cable since january, and the battery is completely flat).
With my diy alimentator I can give it up to 4A then I try to recharge the battery with the original cable with 3-4connection, if it didn't work I try with an external battery.

Back