GS8000L firmware question if anyone can answer

Razer

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9665GC V1
Hello, I have recently received my first dash cam as a gift from my wife. I'm wondering if I need a firmware upgrade for any reason, I have a few things I'd like to change like the screen being on all the time and I was hoping an update might address that.

This is a GS8000L, 2-G9712-20131029 is the current firmware on the camera. I see there are two versions of this camera chipset so just trying to learn a bit on something I did not research before getting as a gift.

Video quality was much better than I expected, pretty good overall! I handle security cameras day to day, I have just over 1,000 cameras in both analog and IP that I do everything for and am in charge of purchasing and such on those so I understand cameras pretty well, just new to dash cams and learning quickly!

i just attempted a firmware update on the same model, i now have a black screen :(

i just attempted a firmware update on the same model, i now have a black screen :(

All these cams have a reset button which is a tiny hole to push down a paper clip or pin to reset the cam.
Once that is done charge it back up then go into the menu and reset the cam in the settings then re do all the settings the way you want it set up.

Dear sirs.
I also bought a GS8000L (chipset novatek nt96220) that was freezing to much and I tried to upgrade the firmware with the file FW96220A.bin and now its not working. I got a black screen after some bip sounds. I have already tried to reset it several times, with no sucess....
Anyone has a "original" firmware so I can try to install it again?
Any ideas?
Tks

Dear sirs.
I also bought a GS8000L (chipset novatek nt96220) that was freezing to much and I tried to upgrade the firmware with the file FW96220A.bin and now its not working. I got a black screen after some bip sounds. I have already tried to reset it several times, with no sucess....
Any ideas?
Tks

Novatek chips are not at all reliable. They are cheap but not worth taking a gamble on. Go Ambarella for your next purchase.
Ambarella a7's are very good with the right firmware. Early firmware and the videos were very dull. Latest firmware and the night and day videos
are very good.

jokiin,

Do you know if there is a way to know the firmware that i am using in a GS8000L from novatek chipset? And where i can download the firmwares? (NT96220FG) Because it don't have the menu with the "version", i just opened my GS8000L and confirmed that is the novatek chipset that it uses. When i bought i didin't knew that there were many versions from this model (GS8000), like the ambarella's chipset.

Thanks for all the help.

No idea, it's not a chipset I deal with at all, very rare for updates for anything based on this platform unfortunately

Dear sirs.
Any ideas?
Tks

I have this problem too :) .... You resolve your problem ?

Both firmware "YND 2014.01.01-1" and "YND 2014.01.01-2"worked with this Chipset in my GS8000L :

Novatek
NT96220FG
1352-DS
PFRK41

6y1aix.jpg

Last edited:
Hi All,

sorry to raise an old thread, but I am hoping someone may be able to assist. as per the OP I was running the same firmware in my GS8000L, it worked fine for a few weeks (had it fr a few years now!) and it was great, but then it stopped re-writing over the disk on loop record, and needed formatting every other day.

I browsed online and came across this forum for suggestions. I have downloaded the firmwares recommended above, ad in other threads. I got the black screen with beeps at first so figured I have the Novatek chips. I then took the Novatech firmwares as linked above, put them on the SD card, loaded it in and turned the camera on. All I get is a white screen for hours at a time! that is on both versions.

Possibly bricked my unit?

I also tried signing up to 3PPC.net to try and download additional firmware, but apparently President Vladimir Putin, Vladimir Putin, President Putin, nor Putin are currently the president of Russia :| go figure! - so I cant go on and download all the firmwares and just keep going till I get the right one.

How is the best way to resolve this? should I strip the cam, provde some details from within and get guidance, or should I be loading firmwares until one sticks?

Back