GS9000 unboxed.... *ADDED SAMPLE VIDS*

Chad

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
GS9000/F9 (junk)/F900L/V2000GS/V5000GS/Panorama 2s/Mobius
Here are some sample videos. . . best to play these in HD. Although Youtube destroys the quality even in HD. :roll:

And a night time video...

Well, my gs9000 arrived today. Seems to be 'OK' I guess. I will pick up a micro sd card tomorrow morning and get some vids up. Camera overall has a chinsy feel to it. GPS picks up signal very fast. Also, the instruction booklet is about worthless. The chinglish is really hard to understand. Comes with a mini USB port in the window suction cup piece which is good because it keeps the wire a little more hidden. The shiny silver ring and the white letters around the lens make the camera very visible through the windshield when looking in from outside, so I just colored it in with a black permanent marker (sharpie) and that took care of the problem. Suction cup has great suction (for now) but the middle section of the mount overall is sort of loose. I had to wedge a folded piece of paper in it to take up the slack to prevent wobble in the video.

[Broken External Image]:http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums...A58C570-5856-00000706CA2B16F9_zpsda6a77ad.jpg

Here are the rest of the pics...if anyone wants to see something in particular let me know.

[Broken External Image]:http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums...C4B8C66-5856-00000705C9E63416_zps0b809ae6.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums...1DDD8C5-5856-000007059EA50165_zpsdfbb9815.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums...3592D4C-5856-00000705B8B7BCAF_zpsc2bf3abc.jpg

Colored in silver ring and white letters:

[Broken External Image]:http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums...E23BF1E4-827-000000CE628650F1_zps5a4ca5ca.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: GS9000 unboxed....

Chad said:
Unit does turn on and off with ignition, but a menu comes up with the following menu...anyone know how to get it to just go right to record once power is applied???

that's because you have the wrong power cord

What do u mean? It will only work with one power cord? I get the same menu when I have it plugged in to my 12v power supply in the car. Same cord that powers my other carcam and works fine on that unit. ???

Chad said:
What do u mean? It will only work with one power cord? I get the same menu when I have it plugged in to my 12v power supply in the car. Same cord that powers my other carcam and works fine on that unit. ???

it thinks it is plugged into a PC, the power cord supplied has a trigger wire to start recording, it's probably as simple as a different pinout used so you could test your old cord and see what you need

I'm sorry, I'm confused. Doesn't take much these days lol. I'm plugging in the 12v power cord that came with this camera and nothing happens. I tried to plug it into the suction cup part as well as the main camera unit, nothing happens at all, car off car on, doesn't matter. When I plug in a different 12v USB cable (from a different dash cam) it powers the unit on and off automatically but just goes to that menu but only when plugged into the main camera unit. Nothing happens when I plug it into the suction cup part. I have no clue what pinout means or trigger wire or how to test for any of those things. What should I do??? I'm lost and aggravated.

The red light does come on (on the plug) when I plug it in and turn the car on. Just doesn't give any power to the cam. I checked the fuse in the plug and its fine.

Chad said:
I'm sorry, I'm confused. Doesn't take much these days lol. I'm plugging in the 12v power cord that came with this camera and nothing happens. I tried to plug it into the suction cup part as well as the main camera unit, nothing happens at all, car off car on, doesn't matter. When I plug in a different 12v USB cable (from a different dash cam) it powers the unit on and off automatically but just goes to that menu but only when plugged into the main camera unit. Nothing happens when I plug it into the suction cup part. I have no clue what pinout means or trigger wire or how to test for any of those things. What should I do??? I'm lost and aggravated.

The red light does come on (on the plug) when I plug it in and turn the car on. Just doesn't give any power to the cam. I checked the fuse in the plug and its fine.

the power connector is the USB plug in the top of the cam yeah?

Ok ok ok false alarm....I'm a little slow these days. When I plug the 12v power cord into the suction cup it works and automatically goes to record just like you said lol .... So sorry thanks for the help....now, what if something ever happens to that cord???? Suction cup USB port only works with the supplied 12v power cord...I'm guessing because of that trigger wire you were talking about.

Chad said:
Ok ok ok false alarm....I'm a little slow these days. When I plug the 12v power cord into the suction cup it works and automatically goes to record just like you said lol .... So sorry thanks for the help....now, what if something ever happens to that cord????

ok, I haven't used that model and wasn't sure what connectors you had available, flying blind here

Added some sample videos and updated the description a bit.

I am considering buying this camera. I understand that it makes a MOV format. I assume that it means that files end in ".MOV" like quicktime files. I have a movie maker program and was wondering if I could please get a small raw file sample (1080p 10-15 seconds would do ) to make sure my program could read it. Thanks.

Sorcha17 said:
I am considering buying this camera. I understand that it makes a MOV format. I assume that it means that files end in ".MOV" like quicktime files. I have a movie maker program and was wondering if I could please get a small raw file sample (1080p 10-15 seconds would do ) to make sure my program could read it. Thanks.

here's a sample from mine you can test with (different model cam but still an Ambarella solution so the format will be the same, H.264 MOV file) http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?czc96j7tqkgangt

Thanks. I use Pinnacle Studio 14 and it had no trouble at all reading it or converting it. It also works with media player and VLC. Also, thanks for a peek at what the software would look like.

That's the software that comes with my cam, very likely that yours won't come with the same but you can still use my version with your cam

Hello GS9000 owners!
Excuse me, could you check, if your camera works correctly in the last version of my program www.registratorviewer.com and send to my e-mail some examples of GPS file for my own analyze of format, because I have no one example from your dashcam.

I was coming on here to post about this even before I saw your post. Your system works FLAWLESSLY with my GS9000 . . . blows the other program away. Awesome awesome awesome viewer!!! Way to go!!!! Thank you! I will send a .map file over to your email right now. The only issue I came across, and I don't know if its supposed to be this way, is when I play a video at 4x speed, the speedometer icon stays at 1x the speed. It is not synced with the 2x or 4x speed playing. Also, when you click back to 1x speed after playing it in 4x speed the video goes back to the previous point where you left off instead of just slowing down at the current position. I don't know if I'm explaining this right. . . let me know if that makes any sense.

Chad said:
only issue I came across, and I don't know if its supposed to be this way, is when I play a video at 4x speed, the speedometer icon stays at 1x the speed. It is not synced with the 2x or 4x speed playing. Also, when you click back to 1x speed after playing it in 4x speed the video goes back to the previous point where you left off instead of just slowing down at the current position. I don't know if I'm explaining this right. . . let me know if that makes any sense.
I know, that is happens, it depends on your system+codec. Now I cannot find solution, but when I include my own codec into player, problem will be solved.

Very cool . . . also, is there any way when saving a selected fragment to change the subtitle speed from Km/h to MPH? I tried going into setup template for subtitles but I didn't really have any luck.

I have a V5000GS and a V2000GS on order. . . would you like map files from both of those cameras when they arrive?

Back