GS9000 unboxed.... *ADDED SAMPLE VIDS*

Chad said:
Very cool . . . also, is there any way when saving a selected fragment to change the subtitle speed from Km/h to MPH? I tried going into setup template for subtitles but I didn't really have any luck.
You has selected mph in settings, but subtitle using kmph?
Oh, it is bug. Will fix in the next version.

Chad said:
I have a V5000GS and a V2000GS on order. . . would you like map files from both of those cameras when they arrive?
I have GS2000 and GS5000 files.

GS5000 = V5000GS ? (I don't know)

I need only examples for dashcams, are not listed in my official site here http://www.registratorviewer.com/features_en.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: GS9000 unboxed....

jokiin said:
Chad said:
What do u mean? It will only work with one power cord? I get the same menu when I have it plugged in to my 12v power supply in the car. Same cord that powers my other carcam and works fine on that unit. ???

it thinks it is plugged into a PC, the power cord supplied has a trigger wire to start recording, it's probably as simple as a different pinout used so you could test your old cord and see what you need

Does anyone have the correct pin out?
I really do not want to destroy my new camera and or power supply; forcibly taking it apart just to find out which two lines have been shorted together.
Seriously why would a company want to gimp their products; buy this great camera, but we are not going to tell you it will only work with our charger so you will have to rewire everything to get it to work.

I was thinking about taking a old USB cable and chopping it up to make one that works.
I wonder if plugging in the supply for the GS9000 to something else would destroy it?

USB 1.x/2.0 Mini/Micro pinout
Pin Name Cable color Description
1 VBUS Red +5 V
2 D− White Data −
3 D+ Green Data +
4 ID None Permits distinction of host connection from slave connection
* host: connected to Signal ground
* slave: not connected
5 GND Black Signal ground

It's not gimping the product, they just use the OTG functionality of the camera to get it to behave differently depending on if its connected by a regular USB cable for computer use or the USB power cord to get it to auto record at ignition on, it's a pretty standard method for these cameras

Re: GS9000 unboxed....

Chad said:
What do u mean? It will only work with one power cord? I get the same menu when I have it plugged in to my 12v power supply in the car. Same cord that powers my other carcam and works fine on that unit. ???

This problem is the power cable... seen this before. You need a different power cable with the wrong one it displays MSC on the screen as pictured.

jokiin said:
It's not gimping the product, they just use the OTG functionality of the camera to get it to behave differently depending on if its connected by a regular USB cable for computer use or the USB power cord to get it to auto record at ignition on, it's a pretty standard method for these cameras

"USB On-the-Go (OTG) allows two USB devices to talk to each other without requiring the services of a personal computer."
http://www.maximintegrated.com/app-note ... vp/id/1822

Are you saying that the camera and the power supply talk to each other? That's worse than a old school Motorola razor.

I need a camera that sees 5 volts and starts recording, I am guessing they used TTL to pull up line 4. I really don't want to be shoving fluke probes in a USB connector bending it. I was hoping someone out there had already figured out how to "jail break" this camera, for lack of a better term.

What if someone wanted to use this camera indoors? Would we have to drag a car battery with us instead of using any USB power supply?

They don't talk to each other, they just make use of this functionality to get auto recording working

You could power it from whatever you like, it just wouldn't auto record

For bench testing I have a 12v power supply with female lighter socket

jokiin said:
They don't talk to each other, they just make use of this functionality to get auto recording working

It doesn't power up at all when the USB Mini B port on "the base" is used, I was just asking which lines need to be a 5 volt rail for the camera to power on through the base.

Bad said:
jokiin said:

It doesn't power up at all when the USB Mini B port on "the base" is used, I was just asking which lines need to be a 5 volt rail for the camera to power on through the base.

Sorry I'm not familiar enough with this model to know specifically what method they use, just mentioning the most common method, if you work it out I'm sure the info will be useful to others so please post back

Got my gs9000 yesterday. Almost exactly half way around the world (7991 miles) in 4 days and 5 hours from order time (Sun. AM). Camera works great. Software that comes with the camera is very well too. It took a lot of tweaking to get it to work though. Took Vadicus' advice and installed the K-lite Mega codec pack and then it worked perfectly. Downloaded Vadicus' version 4 but Norton said it had a virus - downloaded version 3.9 (clean). Some problems making it work. I installed K-lite mega pack 9.80 but registrator program freezes. Maybe someone can help with the right codec?? :roll:

Ran Vladim's software on my other computer and it works perfectly with sample video from Jokiin above. It did not work with my MAP data from the GS9000. I sent him a sample file and I am sure he will have a fix soon. :D

Hey guys, I opened up the 12v plug that came with my GS9000 to have a look inside. Maybe this will help?

07C9C20D-2BF8-41D8-A5A1-1826EB46ABA9-8576-0000087FDFAC077F_zpsbb326a6c.jpg

6D2CFCC2-F9A1-430F-8475-9F63CCA83B32-8576-0000087FC2C1F567_zps264d86c8.jpg

F8BFE634-4A60-46CC-B917-ADF31C7ADF76-8576-0000087FD87B9C58_zpsf8b440f7.jpg

Is anybody else having crashes with corrupted files?

No goodbye shutdown screen just it turning on with the last file before the crash corrupted.
Kinda like a BSOD, but instant death.

PS the sticker above says that there is 5 volts on pin 4 and pin 5 remains ground, a USB cable with a conductor connected to pin 4 will most likely have to be special ordered.
Chop chop time if you wish to fix up a USB cable to power up through the base: the pin 4 conductor will not be red, black, green or white; that only leaves one. The five volt conductor on the computer side will be red, ground remains black.

Bad said:

No goodbye shutdown screen just it turning on with the last file before the crash corrupted.

If its only happening on last file before power off is often a battery problem, how does the battery seem?

jokiin said:
If its only happening on last file before power off is often a battery problem, how does the battery seem?

It happened on file 38 out of 42 so definitely not on the last file.
Battery seems strong like bull, camera records well while on battery alone.
The memory is brand new also, the highest rated on amazon (SanDisk Ultra 32 GB MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS-1)

Format the card and try again, random lockup is sometimes memory card related or otherwise a firmware problem, hopefully formatting the card will sort it out

If you want to format in the PC use the Panasonic SD format tool

Bad said:

PS the sticker above says that there is 5 volts on pin 4 and pin 5 remains ground, a USB cable with a conductor connected to pin 4 will most likely have to be special ordered.
Chop chop time if you wish to fix up a USB cable to power up through the base: the pin 4 conductor will not be red, black, green or white; that only leaves one. The five volt conductor on the computer side will be red, ground remains black.

I have had one crash (that i know of) with a corrupted file, I just figured it was a isolated inciedent. There was a yellow caution sign when I uploaded to the player. I will keep an eye on this, I have not been uploading much so I don't know if there are more. I will check tomorrow.

As far as the USB cable, I would REALLY like to make one to have as a spare. I don't trust the cable it came with as my only one, they seem super cheap. I'm not really understanding your 4 pin / 5 pin thing...is there any pictures or maybe a better explanation? Is it just a matter of cutting / soldering? If so, which wires to which wires? I will gladly be a guinnea pig and try this out, I have tons of spare USB mini cables I can chop up. I'll do a video DIY if I succeed. Any guidance with this would be great!

Chad said:
I have had one crash (that i know of) with a corrupted file, I just figured it was a isolated inciedent. There was a yellow caution sign when I uploaded to the player. I will keep an eye on this, I have not been uploading much so I don't know if there are more. I will check tomorrow.

As far as the USB cable, I would REALLY like to make one to have as a spare. I don't trust the cable it came with as my only one, they seem super cheap. I'm not really understanding your 4 pin / 5 pin thing...is there any pictures or maybe a better explanation? Is it just a matter of cutting / soldering? If so, which wires to which wires? I will gladly be a guinnea pig and try this out, I have tons of spare USB mini cables I can chop up. I'll do a video DIY if I succeed. Any guidance with this would be great!
Pictures!
rnvmW9e.png

http://www.usbfirewire.com/Parts/rr-2mb2mb-12gl5.html
All 5 wires connected

So I can't use any old USB mini cable? I have to order the one from that site? Then wire the red / brown together? Sorry, I'm still lost.

Chad said:
So I can't use any old USB mini cable? I have to order the one from that site? Then wire the red / brown together? Sorry, I'm still lost.

I currently use the cigarette plug to mini USB power supplies like most use, I'm looking to update that soon to a cigarette plug with dual USB sockets and a 4 metre USB lead wired appropriately like the current power lead is, once I do that I'll look into the possibility of supplying the leads separately, a lot of cars are coming with USB sockets so I can see a need for just using a lead rather than the cigarette plug

Back