gs98c firmware

Thank you very much for your instructions. I'll try it later on.

It took a little time but I finally got thru updating the firmware on my dashcam. Three changes that I see right away, 1- the speed is been changed to MPH instead of KPH , 2-the day/date/time display on the back of the dashcam screen got much, much smaller, 3-I can't manually switch the camera off anymore. All in all I like this camera

I have to make a correction on my previous statement, the power button still turns off the cam, you have to hold it until the camera goes off. It might take few seconds. Also I noticed that in the menu settings the setting for GMT has disappeared, but the time is correct. Will see when we go back to Standard Daylight Time. One more thing, I'm not been able to get sound on any file that I play on the computer, no matter what program I use. But I'm able to get sound if I use the Registrator Viewer to play the files. Any idea why?

I have to make a correction on my previous statement, the power button still turns off the cam, you have to hold it until the camera goes off. It might take few seconds. Also I noticed that in the menu settings the setting for GMT has disappeared, but the time is correct. Will see when we go back to Standard Daylight Time. One more thing, I'm not been able to get sound on any file that I play on the computer, no matter what program I use. But I'm able to get sound if I use the Registrator Viewer to play the files. Any idea why?
Not sure. I just tested it with Windows Media Player, VLC and MPC-HC and the sound worked fine with those players.

I have to make a correction on my previous statement, the power button still turns off the cam, you have to hold it until the camera goes off.

technically that's how it should be anyway so that you don't accidentally turn it off, if it wasn't like that in previous firmware versions then I'd call that an improvement

One more thing, I'm not been able to get sound on any file that I play on the computer, no matter what program I use. But I'm able to get sound if I use the Registrator Viewer to play the files. Any idea why?

that would be codec related, something in your PC isn't configured correctly for playback with these files

Last edited:
@Capture YourAction, I downloaded and installed VLC and MPC-HC programs and both work fine. I get audio and video. Also MPC-HC plays all files like it is a single file.
@jokiin regarding the power button I'm sure you are right. I probably could not recall the way it operated before the firmware update. For the sound part, beside the Registrator Viewer. I played those file with WMP, Photos and Movies and TV (all Microsoft Apps, I believe) and none gave me sound, but all three did before the firmware update. But that's not important anymore since I can use VLC. Anyway I want to thank both of you for helping me understand all this stuff. Greetings

Back